ike barn87987

I think the writing is on the wall for Tru and Rico

166 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Yeah, I'm actually for aggressiveness.  Wish our D were more aggressive.  But I'm for aggressive any time it's still in question.  Once you can win the game with near certainty, all bets are off.

What they did was equivalent to being down by 2 from the 10 yard line with 4 seconds left and doing a fake field goal instead of a field goal.  It's aggressive but in just a wrongheaded sort of way.

We both largely agree.  I was just saying even that earlier 3rd and 1 the smart play was a flare out to devonta...but I didn't mind going for the backbreaker deep play...cause that's who we were.

I totally agree. But even during the season we were hitting big pass plays on 3rd and 1. Even tho the safe easy play was a run or short flare out. But that’s also what made Kyle a genius. He would call a long play on a down and distance the obvious play would be something short. 

13 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s uniquely simple....and genius.  

He will play to his personnel

You should do some reading on Belichick, Parcells, and Saban. Even Nolan actually. It may surprise you what you find.

Vandy and FalconsIn2020 like this

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

You should do some reading on Belichick, Parcells, and Saban. Even Nolan actually. It may surprise you what you find.

Any recommended books?

Nolan is so under appreciated.  Very clever football mind.  Hard to believe he is just a LB coach

Vandy and Knight of God like this

4 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

This is why DQ won’t lead us to a victory in the promise land . He’s isn’t a thinker whatsoever . If everything clicks in his favor he can ride Matt & the defense to enough wins to make the playoff & reel off a couple wins but that isn’t special what makes a coach special . Any coach can do that when the stars are aligned .. it takes a special kind of coach to blow 28-3 . 

Do you think he’d blow 28-3 if it happened again?  If not, then he have a SB quality HC

People love to bash him for blowing 28-3...and with good reason.  But at least credit him for a brilliant gameplan that took a 28-3 lead

Atl Falcon likes this

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Any recommended books?

Nolan is so under appreciated.  Very clever football mind.  Hard to believe he is just a LB coach

Nolan gets a bad rap in TAFT. He did a fine job in 2012, but we got old and cubbard was bare in 2013-14.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Nolan gets a bad rap in TAFT. He did a fine job in 2012, but we got old and cubbard was bare in 2013-14.

Yes sir..that wasn’t Nolan personnel on defense.

Knight of God likes this

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Agree to disagree here man. In my eyes we got cute and went off script.

Frankly, I think Shanny got cute and Quinn choked in not overruling the call.

I’ll go to my grave believing that one.

Atl Falcon and Ovie_Lover like this

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Frankly, I think Shanny got cute and Quinn choked in not overruling the call.

I’ll go to my grave believing that one.

I believe you’re 100% correct

Ovie_Lover and Vandy like this

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Any recommended books?

War Room by Michael Holley

Vandy and FalconsIn2020 like this