ike barn87987

I think the writing is on the wall for Tru and Rico

166 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

The Pats do the same thing and it works. Go look at their short yardage situations it's always either a QB sneak, or they motion gronk over and run right behind him. Teams aren't able to stop it.

BB is beating guys playing checkers. Y'all all wanna scream Chess but you outthink yourselves and get beat. @Vandy has even touched on it. 

**** Kyle and Quinn got too cute in the Superbowl and lost because of it. "Chess" my ***. I wanna be like BB if it ain't broke don't fix it.

BB is definitely the best chess player out there. Def not a checkers player. Football is chess. Not checkers. Even in chess you do the expected move. The beauty of chess is thinking 3 moves ahead. If you listen to Hooper talking about Kyle shanahan and how he would say “if they do this then we’ll do that and we’ll score.”  That’s chess. Not checkers. Chess is a thinking mans game. The game of football is a thinking man’s game. The best coaches are great thinkers. The best qb’s are cerebral. The best rb’s set up their blocks. The best wr’s know how to counter your technique. Like Deion Sanders and michael Irvin always say, “the game is played from the NECK up”. You’ll never beat a thinker playing checkers. BB outsmarts his opponent all the time. The 1st chess move he makes is changing his scheme week to week. And sometimes in game if you guessed right on how you thought he’d attack you. THAT my young brother is CHESS!!! Chess is the game of LIFE. Don’t think you’ll get thru life playing checkers amongst chess players. They will always out think you and stay 5, 6, 7 moves ahead of you. 

Vandy and Falcons In 2012 like this

8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

****. We didn't have that. Beats the help out of chess club.

Ay chess is nice too. Love it.

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

BB is definitely the best chess player out there. Def not a checkers player. Football is chess. Not checkers. Even in chess you do the expected move. The beauty of chess is thinking 3 moves ahead. If you listen to Hooper talking about Kyle shanahan and how he would say “if they do this then we’ll do that and we’ll score.”  That’s chess. Not checkers. Chess is a thinking mans game. The game of football is a thinking man’s game. The best coaches are great thinkers. The best qb’s are cerebral. The best rb’s set up their blocks. The best wr’s know how to counter your technique. Like Deion Sanders and michael Irvin always say, “the game is played from the NECK up”. You’ll never beat a thinker playing checkers. BB outsmarts his opponent all the time. The 1st chess move he makes is changing his scheme week to week. And sometimes in game if you guessed right on how you thought he’d attack you. THAT my young brother is CHESS!!! Chess is the game of LIFE. Don’t think you’ll get thru life playing checkers amongst chess players. They will always out think you and stay 5, 6, 7 moves ahead of you. 

I'm not saying BB doesn't play chess. But y'all gotta realize BB doesn't change his plan until you show you can beat it. Go back and watch week after week the short yardage plays. You'll see what I mentioned. 

Vandy likes this

Rico just got re signed last season he's got at least 2 more seasons. Hoping he stays healthy

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'm not saying BB doesn't play chess. But y'all gotta realize BB doesn't change his plan until you show you can beat it. Go back and watch week after week the short yardage plays. You'll see what I mentioned. 

I get what you’re saying, but also what fatboi says too. 

BB knows his team personnel so well he won’t deviate from what they do best until opponent shows they can stop it.

But he’s also the best halftime adjuster in the game. His halftime adjustments at SB51 was brilliant. 

Both seahawks (Carroll/bevel) and falcons (Quinn/Shanny) would have rings if they hadn’t got cute/choked in most situational football moment of game. And it was because of BB they did that to themselves/their teams.

Ovie_Lover and Falcons In 2012 like this

19 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I can get with that. I just personally don't see a situation that includes putting Rico in the box.

Just keep Neal or Kazee there.

Rico played in box more than usual in our rams playoff win. Big reason we kept gurley in check that game. 

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I get what you’re saying, but also what fatboi says too. 

BB knows his team personnel so well he won’t deviate from what they do best until opponent shows they can stop it.

But he’s also the best halftime adjuster in the game. His halftime adjustments at SB51 was brilliant. 

Both seahawks (Carroll/bevel) and falcons (Quinn/Shanny) would have rings if they hadn’t got cute/choked in most situational football moment of game. And it was because of BB they did that to themselves/their teams.

See that's my problem we got cute. We tried to out smart BB but we just out smarted ourselves.

Vandy likes this

17 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

See that's my problem we got cute. We tried to out smart BB but we just out smarted ourselves.

I knew that’s what you were saying. You know BB plays chess, but chess is as much about persistence and staying true to the fundamentals as it is about changing strategy.

thats where carrol/bevel and Quinn/Shanny outsmarted themselves...they played belichick, not the game situation. In chess they call it play the board, not the opponent.

Ovie_Lover likes this

37 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I knew that’s what you were saying. You know BB plays chess, but chess is as much about persistence and staying true to the fundamentals as it is about changing strategy.

thats where carrol/bevel and Quinn/Shanny outsmarted themselves...they played belichick, not the game situation. In chess they call it play the board, not the opponent.

The irony is that in both SB 49 & 51, Belichick did nothing more than sit back and let Quinn & Carroll beat themselves.  Both Quinn & Carroll had complete control as to the outcome.  If we take 3 knees and kick a fg, Belichick is rendered helpless.  But we did the one thing you couldn't do: 7 step drop and stopping the clock.  Still find it shockingly bad coaching across the board

Ovie_Lover, Vandy and TheFatboi like this

9 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The irony is that in both SB 49 & 51, Belichick did nothing more than sit back and let Quinn & Carroll beat themselves.  Both Quinn & Carroll had complete control as to the outcome.  If we take 3 knees and kick a fg, Belichick is rendered helpless.  But we did the one thing you couldn't do: 7 step drop and stopping the clock.  Still find it shockingly bad coaching across the board

And that’s exactly how you can lose a chess game. By overthinking and over calculating what you think your opponent will do. Playing into they’re hand. I play chess everyday and I’ve had games when I’m kicking someone’s @ss but can’t seem to close out the game and make 1 or 2 mistakes that cost me the match. And all my opponent did was weather the storm and let me beat myself. He just made subtle moves that kept me from checkmating him which made me get more aggressive than I should’ve and ended up hurting myself. 

Ive beat opponents myself by letting them take pieces they thought would weaken me just to get in a position I wanted to be in just to checkmate. It’s all strategy. BB’s strategy in the second half was to let us tire out, which we did. And that’s because he knew his opponent. All chess moves. 48 laws of power, the art of seduction, and the art of war moves. I read all that sh*t. I keep telling y’all I think different. Lol. I’m a strategist. I’ll let you think you have the upper hand just to beat you when you’re at your highest and most vulnerable without even knowing it. 

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Nah the difference is you have to play 60 minutes of football against Bill. And the pats are the best at NOT beating themselves. WE beat ourselves. That’s what ppl always seem to overlook when it comes to the pats. Quinn doesn’t change his plan either. No coach does. That’s why it’s called PHILOSOPHY. What he does do is make great in game adjustments and will switch the scheme up week to week or even during a game. BB is just like any other nfl coach with his approach to a game. What do we know about bill? 

#1 he’s gonna take what you do best away first and foremost 

#2 he’s gonna have his guys well prepared so there won’t be any surprises 

#3 he’s gonna stay fundamentally sound all game 

#4 just do your job. 

BB is a great study of the game. But the part ppl also overlook is Bill was under parcels for most of the 80’s and part of the 90’s. He LEARNED his approach to the game from him. No he doesn’t do all this crazy stuff. He sticks to his guns like any other coach has ever done. He just doesn’t beat himself. But make no mistake. He learned that by absolutely overthinking and beating himself in big games before. He made a decision to go for it against the colts one time and it failed and they lost. So he’s had those kind of games in big situations. He learned. Also he vowed to never EVER sign another dumb player after Cleveland. That has ALOT to do with your team. HIGH IQ PLAYERS throughout the team. 

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And that’s exactly how you can lose a chess game. By overthinking and over calculating what you think your opponent will do. Playing into they’re hand. I play chess everyday and I’ve had games when I’m kicking someone’s @ss but can’t seem to close out the game and make 1 or 2 mistakes that cost me the match. And all my opponent did was weather the storm and let me beat myself. He just made subtle moves that kept me from checkmating him which made me get more aggressive than I should’ve and ended up hurting myself. 

Ive beat opponents myself by letting them take pieces they thought would weaken me just to get in a position I wanted to be in just to checkmate. It’s all strategy. BB’s strategy in the second half was to let us tire out, which we did. And that’s because he knew his opponent. All chess moves. 48 laws of power, the art of seduction, and the art of war moves. I read all that sh*t. I keep telling y’all I think different. Lol. I’m a strategist. I’ll let you think you have the upper hand just to beat you when you’re at your highest and most vulnerable without even knowing it. 

The funny part is that at 4 minutes left from the NE 22, it was no longer chess.  The decisions were obvious, deviation not an option.  

Yet we did deviate and tried to play chess when doing so was the only way to bring the ChessMaster, Belichick,  back to life

Lol people been trying to get rid of Rico since 2016, the dude is a d@rn survivor and a really good player. I am on board with Shedding TrufaRt or Jarrett due to their ridiculously priced contracts they will command. 

4 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

This is why DQ won’t lead us to a victory in the promise land . He’s isn’t a thinker whatsoever . If everything clicks in his favor he can ride Matt & the defense to enough wins to make the playoff & reel off a couple wins but that isn’t special what makes a coach special . Any coach can do that when the stars are aligned .. it takes a special kind of coach to blow 28-3 . 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

We didn’t get cute. We stayed aggressive even when we didn’t have to anymore. But we were that way all year so that’s why I understand why Quinn stayed the path. We never let up on anybody the entire season. The SB was no different. And it was all set up by the SF loss in 2015. That game was the only game that bothered Quinn that year and he vowed to never leave the game up to a kick if he could score a TD. And THAT’s why we were so aggressive in 2016. We beat you to a pulp. The SB was status quo of the season. Didn’t over think or  out think or get cute. We did what we did all season long and it didn’t work in the SB at the worst moment. 

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The funny part is that at 4 minutes left from the NE 22, it was no longer chess.  The decisions were obvious, deviation not an option.  

Yet we did deviate and tried to play chess when doing so was the only way to bring the ChessMaster, Belichick,  back to life

Well it’s never not chess because there’s an end game part of chess to. You have to close it out. We didn’t deviate. We did what we did the whole season which was be aggressive until the final whistle blew. It just bit us in the @ss at the wrong time. I wish that was the one game where he backed off and played the situation but it was the season theme. Dominate the whole game. But nah you never stop playing chess. You play from the first move to the last. You missed the point of my last post. I didn’t play the situation and I got beat. I didn’t stop playing chess. I just didn’t play the situation right. I stayed too aggressive. Like we did in the SB. NEVER stop playing chess. If you start it finish it. Just know how to close out. 

22 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Nah the difference is you have to play 60 minutes of football against Bill. And the pats are the best at NOT beating themselves. WE beat ourselves. That’s what ppl always seem to overlook when it comes to the pats. Quinn doesn’t change his plan either. No coach does. That’s why it’s called PHILOSOPHY. What he does do is make great in game adjustments and will switch the scheme up week to week or even during a game. BB is just like any other nfl coach with his approach to a game. What do we know about bill? 

#1 he’s gonna take what you do best away first and foremost 

#2 he’s gonna have his guys well prepared so there won’t be any surprises 

#3 he’s gonna stay fundamentally sound all game 

#4 just do your job. 

BB is a great study of the game. But the part ppl also overlook is Bill was under parcels for most of the 80’s and part of the 90’s. He LEARNED his approach to the game from him. No he doesn’t do all this crazy stuff. He sticks to his guns like any other coach has ever done. He just doesn’t beat himself. But make no mistake. He learned that by absolutely overthinking and beating himself in big games before. He made a decision to go for it against the colts one time and it failed and they lost. So he’s had those kind of games in big situations. He learned. Also he vowed to never EVER sign another dumb player after Cleveland. That has ALOT to do with your team. HIGH IQ PLAYERS throughout the team. 

I haven't said anything that would contradict that?

TheFatboi likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

I haven't said anything that would contradict that?

No you didn’t. You’re saying the same things I’m saying expect the we got cute part. We didn’t. We played the same style we played all season. Only this time it didn’t work. It was the one game we probably should’ve sat back and played the situation but why would you do that when what got us to the SB was being aggressive. So on one foot I agreed with him. On another foot I wish he would’ve played the situation. But if it worked we’d all be saying how much of a genius Quinn is. You’re only a genius when it works. And that’s for anybody. Bill Walsh said that. 

20 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We didn’t get cute. We stayed aggressive even when we didn’t have to anymore. But we were that way all year so that’s why I understand why Quinn stayed the path. We never let up on anybody the entire season. The SB was no different. And it was all set up by the SF loss in 2015. That game was the only game that bothered Quinn that year and he vowed to never leave the game up to a kick if he could score a TD. And THAT’s why we were so aggressive in 2016. We beat you to a pulp. The SB was status quo of the season. Didn’t over think or  out think or get cute. We did what we did all season long and it didn’t work in the SB at the worst moment. 

Agree to disagree here man. In my eyes we got cute and went off script.

TheFatboi and Vandy like this

22 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

No you didn’t. You’re saying the same things I’m saying expect the we got cute part. We didn’t. We played the same style we played all season. Only this time it didn’t work. It was the one game we probably should’ve sat back and played the situation but why would you do that when what got us to the SB was being aggressive. So on one foot I agreed with him. On another foot I wish he would’ve played the situation. But if it worked we’d all be saying how much of a genius Quinn is. You’re only a genius when it works. And that’s for anybody. Bill Walsh said that. 

It was still aggressive but not dumb when we did a deep dropback on 3rd and 1 that led to a sack fumble.  That was an aggressive play but still when the game was live.

At 4 minutes and the ability to go up 11, no matter what your philosophy up til then, you gotta take a breath and just take the win.  People will quibble with each call because they didn't work, but only one was actually dumb.

TheFatboi likes this

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Agree to disagree here man. In my eyes we got cute and went off script.

We didn’t go off script. We were that way the entire season. Cute USB’s doing something that you normally wouldn’t do. That’s not what’s we did. We stayed exactly who we were all year. It just didn’t work. The whole season was Matt hitting the right play at the right time. Only Mack usually didn’t give up a sack followed by a Matthews hold. But even then we usually converted 3rd and forevers all year. Cute is trying to run a trick play in that situation. Not what we did. WE put the ball in the mvp’s hand like we did all year. Cute was what the Seahawks did in their SB cause Wilson wasn’t known as that guy. It was the beast mode show. With us it was the Matty Ice show. That’s who we were. Your argument is YOU wish we woulda shoulda coulda just ran the ball. But I’m telling you Quinn believed in his guys and did what we did all year. Pull up where Quinn talks about that 2015 loss to the 49ers. Y’all can’t conveniently forget things Quinn spoke about just because you’re mad he didn’t do what you wanted or what you thought he should’ve in the SB. He SAID he would trust his guys from that point on. That’s what he did in the SB. 

ATLFalcons11 likes this

3 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

It was still aggressive but not dumb when we did a deep dropback on 3rd and 1 that led to a sack fumble.  That was an aggressive play but still when the game was live.

At 4 minutes and the ability to go up 11, no matter what your philosophy up til then, you gotta take a breath and just take the win.  People will quibble with each call because they didn't work, but only one was actually dumb.

Look I agree with what you’re saying. I said it during the game. But it doesn’t change the fact that Quinn stuck to who we where the whole season. For THAT I can’t be mad. As a fan I’m mad because all we had to do was play the situation. 

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We didn’t go off script. We were that way the entire season. Cute USB’s doing something that you normally wouldn’t do. That’s not what’s we did. We stayed exactly who we were all year. It just didn’t work. The whole season was Matt hitting the right play at the right time. Only Mack usually didn’t give up a sack followed by a Matthews hold. But even then we usually converted 3rd and forevers all year. Cute is trying to run a trick play in that situation. Not what we did. WE put the ball in the mvp’s hand like we did all year. Cute was what the Seahawks did in their SB cause Wilson wasn’t known as that guy. It was the beast mode show. With us it was the Matty Ice show. That’s who we were. Your argument is YOU wish we woulda shoulda coulda just ran the ball. But I’m telling you Quinn believed in his guys and did what we did all year. Pull up where Quinn talks about that 2015 loss to the 49ers. Y’all can’t conveniently forget things Quinn spoke about just because you’re mad he didn’t do what you wanted or what you thought he should’ve in the SB. He SAID he would trust his guys from that point on. That’s what he did in the SB. 

In my eyes we went off script because we stopped running in the second half. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Look I agree with what you’re saying. I said it during the game. But it doesn’t change the fact that Quinn stuck to who we where the whole season. For THAT I can’t be mad. As a fan I’m mad because all we had to do was play the situation. 

Yeah, I'm actually for aggressiveness.  Wish our D were more aggressive.  But I'm for aggressive any time it's still in question.  Once you can win the game with near certainty, all bets are off.

What they did was equivalent to being down by 2 from the 10 yard line with 4 seconds left and doing a fake field goal instead of a field goal.  It's aggressive but in just a wrongheaded sort of way.

We both largely agree.  I was just saying even that earlier 3rd and 1 the smart play was a flare out to devonta...but I didn't mind going for the backbreaker deep play...cause that's who we were.

TheFatboi likes this