ike barn87987

I think the writing is on the wall for Tru and Rico

166 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Possibly but again I don’t think it’s overthinking like you mention.

In this league you have to be able to attack teams in multiple ways.

Too me that’s all this is if you can move players around and put them in spots teams haven’t seen them in before it throws a cat amongst the pigeons.

Small things can add up this is all this is a difference a play here a play there can win games.Thats how I look at things like this.

If teams get used to seeing Neal used as prescribed and Rico just sitting back there they can use certain matchups to win.As above if you change it up on them give them something they haven’t seen or aren’t used to you have the advantage.

Chess move.

What matchup can they use to win that exactly? 

What about putting Kazee back there to switch it up and we get beat deep? Still chess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yo_Lover said:

What matchup can they use to win that exactly? 

What about putting Kazee back there to switch it up and we get beat deep? Still chess?

Don’t know it would depend on who we are playing.

Its always Chess that’s all this is if the team we were playing dictated us playing Kazee there in a series or for a certain look or a play or a matchup we liked he’ll yes play him there.

You can’t just keep rolling out the same old because of this and that you have to have nuance in the way you use your players.Thats the quickest way to get beat in this league.Once teams notice tendencies they find the Weakness and attack it.

If you keep mixing and matching looks a personnel teams find it harder to get a beat on what you are doing.

Chess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Don’t know it would depend on who we are playing.

Its always Chess that’s all this is if the team we were playing dictated us playing Kazee there in a series or for a certain look or a play or a matchup we liked he’ll yes play him there.

You can’t just keep rolling out the same old because of this and that you have to have nuance in the way you use your players.Thats the quickest way to get beat in this league.Once teams notice tendencies they find the Weakness and attack it.

If you keep mixing and matching looks a personnel teams find it harder to get a beat on what you are doing.

Chess.

The Pats do the same thing and it works. Go look at their short yardage situations it's always either a QB sneak, or they motion gronk over and run right behind him. Teams aren't able to stop it.

BB is beating guys playing checkers. Y'all all wanna scream Chess but you outthink yourselves and get beat. @Vandy has even touched on it. 

**** Kyle and Quinn got too cute in the Superbowl and lost because of it. "Chess" my ***. I wanna be like BB if it ain't broke don't fix it.

FalconsIn2020 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

The Pats do the same thing and it works. Go look at their short yardage situations it's always either a QB sneak, or they motion gronk over and run right behind him. Teams aren't able to stop it.

BB is beating guys playing checkers. Y'all all wanna scream Chess but you outthink yourselves and get beat. @Vandy has even touched on it. 

**** Kyle and Quinn got too cute in the Superbowl and lost because of it. "Chess" my ***. I wanna be like BB if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I’m sure BB does a lot of things that are chess moves that others aren’t aware of.Lol.

Its probably why he is who he is.

I had a good listen BB in how they intended to defend Julio Jones during that SB knowing he had the turf toe injury.Forcing him a certain direction because of the mentioned.

Chess.

FalconsIn2020 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m sure BB does a lot of things that are chess moves that others aren’t aware of.Lol.

Its probably why he is who he is.

I had a good listen BB in how they intended to defend Julio Jones during that SB knowing he had the turf toe injury.Forcing him a certain direction because of the mentioned.

Chess.

It didn't work lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yo_Lover said:

It didn't work lol

Still Chess he had a look at a perceived weakness of a key player and tried to limit Julio’s effectiveness by doing so.

Thats BB and chess thinking for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m sure BB does a lot of things that are chess moves that others aren’t aware of.Lol.

Its probably why he is who he is.

I had a good listen BB in how they intended to defend Julio Jones during that SB knowing he had the turf toe injury.Forcing him a certain direction because of the mentioned.

Chess.

This is actually true.  People say the Pats never change their scheme.  Not true.  In fact, they change their offensive and defensive philosophy more than any other team in football.

kiwifalcon, Vandy and Knight of God like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'll have to rewatxh that game. I seem to remember the panthers not running and check downs to McCaffery with Rico missing some tackles.

You must have been watching some other game where Rico was missing tackles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Still Chess he had a look at a perceived weakness of a key player and tried to limit Julio’s effectiveness by doing so.

Thats BB and chess thinking for me.

I'll agree with you looking at weaknesses is good but moving your own guys around to avoid getting beat is what gets you beat. I'm not changing anything UNTIL they show me they can beat it. Then I'll throw something new and make them adapt again.

But why change what works before they show they can beat it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It kind of worked.  4 catches, no TD’s is containing Julio

No TD's is not containing him. They still shifted coverage and left other people open and allowed Julio over 20 yards a catch.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You must have been watching some other game where Rico was missing tackles.

I just rewatched it. CMC avoided Rico pretty well. It wasn't Rico just sucking it was CMC making some nice moves. It was only 2 or 3 tho at the most if I remember right.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'll agree with you looking at weaknesses is good but moving your own guys around to avoid getting beat is what gets you beat. I'm not changing anything UNTIL they show me they can beat it. Then I'll throw something new and make them adapt again.

But why change what works before they show they can beat it?

Fair enough for me stuff like this is a thing you have in your kit bag and pull out in use when like you mention they beat you and you adapt or you can use it to attack a perceived weakness.

What I’m really getting at here is being adaptable in any situation have multiple solutions.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

No TD's is not containing him. They still shifted coverage and left other people open and allowed Julio over 20 yards a catch.

No doubt.  Julio certainly had an impact

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Fair enough for me stuff like this is a thing you have in your kit bag and pull out in use when like you mention they beat you and you adapt or you can use it to attack a perceived weakness.

What I’m really getting at here is being adaptable in any situation have multiple solutions.

I can get with that. I just personally don't see a situation that includes putting Rico in the box.

Just keep Neal or Kazee there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

I can get with that. I just personally don't see a situation that includes putting Rico in the box.

Just keep Neal or Kazee there.

This is it you don’t need to see it the coaches do and if a time and a place it occurs it’ll be because they’ve seen a situation or a matchup they like.It may not be common but if it makes a play here or there that’s all that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 3:07 PM, ShadyRef said:

Rico was initially converted to free safety under the Mike Smith regime. 

Negative 

2015

Entering organized team activities, the new Atlanta Falcons' coaching staff opted to move Allen from cornerback to safety. The change was due to the Falcons failing to secure a new free safety to replace Dwight Lowery and to give Allen a better opportunity to make the active roster. He competed for the job as the starting free safety against Charles Godfreyand Kemal Ishmael.[20] Head coach Dan Quinnnamed Allen the starting free safety to begin the regular season, alongside strong safety William Moore.[21]

ShadyRef likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I just rewatched it. CMC avoided Rico pretty well. It wasn't Rico just sucking it was CMC making some nice moves. It was only 2 or 3 tho at the most if I remember right.

RICo didn’t miss a tackle against panthers. He did one against Saints and Eagles. Post the clips where CMC made him miss tackles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

RICo didn’t miss a tackle against panthers. He did one against Saints and Eagles. Post the clips where CMC made him miss tackles.

85VRP1f_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

CMC juked him here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

If Kazee is in the nickel we are in nickel. Because he is the nickel back. 

If Ryan is at QB we are in a normal package because he's the QB.

If Neal is at Nickelback and Kazee is at safety then it's big nickel.

If Sanu is at QB then it's a wildcat or whatever.

See what I'm saying? Big nickel is when you put a safety in to replace the Nickelback.

I know what your saying bro. You part of.the NWHS debate club? Did they even have that when you were.there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I know what your saying bro. You part of.the NWHS debate club? Did they even have that when you were.there?

We had ping pong club and I ******* loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This is actually true.  People say the Pats never change their scheme.  Not true.  In fact, they change their offensive and defensive philosophy more than any other team in football.

The scheme is there is no scheme. The philosophy is there is no philosophy.

FalconsIn2020 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now