ike barn87987

I think the writing is on the wall for Tru and Rico

166 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

What I've been saying....  IMO,, they should have let Tru go somewhere else.. It's easy to see,, he's lost his motive to be great. Very evident... The FO has done a great great job this off season ,, one of the best drafts ever.. Great FA pick ups.. Changes with the worst problem we had by getting a new OC.. all great.. But the one mistake that looks like is going to happen, is keeping Tru.. He should have been let go.. IMO,  I guess it could be much worse.. Most teams make many mistakes in the off season.. I still think we had the best in the league this year.. For real !! Just goes to show,,, nobody is perfect.

I think this is inaccurate aswell.

Hes lost the motive to be great.All I’ve seen and heard from reports so far is Trufant has had a great off season and is looking good in off season activities thus far.

Time will tell when they put the pads on though.

Vandy likes this

On 6/14/2019 at 3:02 AM, Yo_Lover said:

Why is it y'all act like Kazee won't improve and stop big plays?

I hope like **** he improves and a big part of that improvement will come in preparation off the field which I think Rico behind the scenes will help him with that.This is what we need a collaborative effort to get better not Kazee’s a playmaker Rico’s not that’s small minded thinking.

If Kazee can pick Rico’s brain and add them to his game win win and then out performs Rico so be it that’s what we need.More and more of it across the board a continuing push to get better.

20 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So you want Kazee in the box playing at run support?

Ok bud.

No more than I would want Sanu throwing 30 times a game. Just saying his position isnt graven.

ATLFalcons11 likes this

17 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Kazee can't play Lb dude.

Now if NEAL is in the box and Kazee and Rico are overtop then yeah that's big nickel.

But Neal can.  That’s why he is practicing with them.  Rico & Kazee would be the two deep safeties off the LOS.  

Atl Falcon and ATLFalcons11 like this

6 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

I think you’re overlooking Rico’s leadership

It’s the stuff that fans don’t see on the field it’s Communication off the field for me film room and preparation so under rated I think a lot think it’s a given all players are good at this.Mike Vick great athlete but attention to details football wise absolute ****e.

16 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

And we'd get ran over if we put Rico down there.

The Patriots are fine with Harmon, Chung & McCourty in their Big Nickel.  Same size as Rico, Kazee & Neal.  It wouldn’t be an issue since Neal would be the in the box safety to protect the run game integrity.  

You telling me Dre, Debo & Neal couldn’t hold the fort down?

This is all it is

0*22q7STwJqixr7Mru.png

36 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why would he get run over.

You’d only play Rico there on passing downs.

Down and distance would be the option and indicator of where and when to use that particular package.

Why would you put Rico in the box on a passing down if he's our "eraser"?

29 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

No more than I would want Sanu throwing 30 times a game. Just saying his position isnt graven.

If Kazee is in the nickel we are in nickel. Because he is the nickel back. 

If Ryan is at QB we are in a normal package because he's the QB.

If Neal is at Nickelback and Kazee is at safety then it's big nickel.

If Sanu is at QB then it's a wildcat or whatever.

See what I'm saying? Big nickel is when you put a safety in to replace the Nickelback.

29 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

But Neal can.  That’s why he is practicing with them.  Rico & Kazee would be the two deep safeties off the LOS.  

Then yeah that's big nickel. That's what I've been saying but if Kazee is down then it's just nickel.

22 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The Patriots are fine with Harmon, Chung & McCourty in their Big Nickel.  Same size as Rico, Kazee & Neal.  It wouldn’t be an issue since Neal would be the in the box safety to protect the run game integrity.  

You telling me Dre, Debo & Neal couldn’t hold the fort down?

This is all it is

0*22q7STwJqixr7Mru.png

When did I say they couldn't do that dude?

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Then yeah that's big nickel. That's what I've been saying but if Kazee is down then it's just nickel.

Tbh man I'll admit to semantics here. This is the quote I personally came in on.

"So if we run big nickel you're gonna have Wilcox or someone out there instead of Kazee."

Here there's no mention of Kazee switching back so one of the other safeties can come down. It's just a blanket statement that if we're in big nickel, then Kazee isn't playing, which can be a false statement.

I can say based of that statement that this is not what you've been saying but what I had to call out to you in an earlier post.

FalconsIn2020 and Atl Falcon like this

3 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Tbh man I'll admit to semantics here. This is the quote I personally came in on.

"So if we run big nickel you're gonna have Wilcox or someone out there instead of Kazee."

Here there's no mention of Kazee switching back so one of the other safeties can come down. It's just a blanket statement that if we're in big nickel, then Kazee isn't playing, which can be a false statement.

I can say based of that statement that this is not what you've been saying but what I had to call out to you in an earlier post.

That was my bad. Put that yesterday when I wasn't payingying full attention.

13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Kazee would never be down.  It would always be Neal.  That’s what Quinn is saying when he says Kazee will play both nickel and safety

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Kazee would never be down.  It would always be Neal.  That’s what Quinn is saying when he says Kazee will play both nickel and safety

He will be down on the line in nickel? Just not on big nickel.

32 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Why would you put Rico in the box on a passing down if he's our "eraser"?

We don’t have to that’s the beauty of it it’s an option.

With certain players and packages we have options as above.

29 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

When did I say they couldn't do that dude?

You said we would get run over in Big Nickel.  But you were assuming a Kazee in the box, not Neal. So a misunderstanding

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

You said we would get run over in Big Nickel

With Rico or Kazee in the box yeah. Not with Neal.

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

With Rico or Kazee in the box yeah. Not with Neal.

You’d only play those 2 mentioned in the box if it was an obvious pass situation otherwise it’s as prescribed.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

You’d only play those 2 mentioned in the box if it was an obvious pass situation otherwise it’s as prescribed.

Kazee down there and it's just nickel man. Rico down there why? He's the eraser remember? Just put Neal there for big nickel.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Kazee down there and it's just nickel man. Rico down there why? He's the eraser remember? Just put Neal there for big nickel.

But if you were to it would be in a passing situation Big nickel nickel whatever the point I’m getting across here the only time either appear in the box is in a obvious passing situation so there not getting run on or over.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

But if you were to it would be in a passing situation Big nickel nickel whatever the point I’m getting across here the only time either appear in the box is in a obvious passing situation so there not getting run on or over.

You're confident that's the only time they'd put them there? You trust the coaches a lot more than I do brother.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You're confident that's the only time they'd put them there? You trust the coaches a lot more than I do brother.

Options mate it wouldn’t be a full time thing it would be something they’ve seen and if they like a matchup in that down and distance you pull it out of the tool bag and use it.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Options mate it wouldn’t be a full time thing it would be something they’ve seen and if they like a matchup in that down and distance you pull it out of the tool bag and use it.

I mean you can but again I'd rather just keep Rico deep when passing or Keanu down if they're running.

Trying to move guys around and stuff is where you overthink and beat yourself.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

I mean you can but again I'd rather just keep Rico deep when passing or Keanu down if they're running.

Trying to move guys around and stuff is where you overthink and beat yourself.

Possibly but again I don’t think it’s overthinking like you mention.

In this league you have to be able to attack teams in multiple ways.

Too me that’s all this is if you can move players around and put them in spots teams haven’t seen them in before it throws a cat amongst the pigeons.

Small things can add up this is all this is a difference a play here a play there can win games.Thats how I look at things like this.

If teams get used to seeing Neal used as prescribed and Rico just sitting back there they can use certain matchups to win.As above if you change it up on them give them something they haven’t seen or aren’t used to you have the advantage.

Chess move.