ike barn87987

I think the writing is on the wall for Tru and Rico

166 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, vel said:

Oh no. That's actually false. He loves all of those guys. If you've ever had a coach like him or coached players, you'd agree. But he doesn't let love blind him. He can love you but see you f*ckin up and not be happy about it and if you aren't putting in the work to get it, he doesn't have the time. He's willing to give you rope, but if you hang yourself....

Even if you haven’t had a coach like that, you can read him easily. He sees his team as a family. It probably eats him alive to make a cut or have difficulty resigning players 

kiwifalcon, vel and Flying Falcon like this

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

If the Nickelback is on the field then it's not big nickel man? 

Big nickel is 3 safety's, that's the only difference. So how can we run big nickel with Kazee?

So you're saying from now on that Kazee could never ever play the safety role?

Sigh we have a 3WR set, you would assume that every time Sanu is playing one of those WR spots if he's on the field. Nope he's at QB because it's wildcat.

The point is the title of his position on the depth chart is meaningless if the formation is calling for something else. Kazee doesn't have to be listed as a safety to actually play in a 3 safety set and play the safety role for that particular play.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

4 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

So you're saying from now on that Kazee could never ever play the safety role?

He could play safety, I never otherwise. What I'm saying is in big nickel the safety takes over for the nickel corner. He's not playing safety, he plays in the nickel. And Kazee is a nickel corner now. So when he's in we are in nickel.

Knight of God likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

He could play safety, I never otherwise. What I'm saying is in big nickel the safety takes over for the nickel corner. He's not playing safety, he plays in the nickel. And Kazee is a nickel corner now. So when he's in we are in nickel.

Read edit below:

Sigh we have a 3WR set, you would assume that every time Sanu is playing one of those WR spots if he's on the field. Nope he's at QB because it's wildcat.

The point is the title of his position on the depth chart is meaningless if the formation is calling for something else. Kazee doesn't have to be listed as a safety to actually play in a 3 safety set and play the safety role for that particular play.

1 minute ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Read edit below:

There is no safety role for big nickel. The safety plays the nickel role. How do you not get it?

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

There is no safety role for big nickel. The safety plays the nickel role. How do you not get it?

Nah I think you're being too close minded.

So the purpose of big Nickel as we all know is to basically bring in a safety that can play LB duties of run defender with a bit more speed as opposed to a LB that may be too slow and can't cover or a CB who may be too small and can't help with run support

So if, a big if btw (definitely not arguing that point), we went with big nickel, then why does Kazee have to play that spot? It's just as easy to place Rico down there because he's a bit bigger, can shed better and still cover just in case and place Kazee at FS. He's played that role before and it changes the responsibilities of the players because of their skillsets and what the offense could do.

Rico is short but he can play like a big nickel in spots.

FalconsIn2020 and Atl Falcon like this

21 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

First of all they weren't drafted by DQ. As we saw he easily got rid of Alford. And Tru is really not playing up to the contract he got. Oliver has already taken Alford's spot and now we draft 2 more CB's.

I know everybody talks highly of Rico, but I think he is really teaching Kazee to take his job full time. Within the next couple of years they both will be gone. If you notice the backup SS talk so far is about Wilcox. So that's covered. The backup FS spot is either Neasman or Cooper. 

But the way I see the future of our starting secondary is like this.

CB: Oliver

CB:  Miller

NB: Sheffield

FS : Kazee

SS: Neal

All of them were drafted by DQ. Your new LOB.

Exactly what I've been saying in another post.  I agree 100%

33 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Nah I think you're being too close minded.

So the purpose of big Nickel as we all know is to basically bring in a safety that can play LB duties of run defender with a bit more speed as opposed to a LB that may be too slow and can't cover or a CB who may be too small and can't help with run support

So if, a big if btw (definitely not arguing that point), we went with big nickel, then why does Kazee have to play that spot? It's just as easy to place Rico down there because he's a bit bigger, can shed better and still cover just in case and place Kazee at FS. He's played that role before and it changes the responsibilities of the players because of their skillsets and what the offense could do.

Rico is short but he can play like a big nickel in spots.

Kazee can't play Lb dude.

Now if NEAL is in the box and Kazee and Rico are overtop then yeah that's big nickel.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Kazee can't play Lb dude.

Now if NEAL is in the box and Kazee and Rico are overtop then yeah that's big nickel.

You didn't read what I said. I didn't say Kazee could play LB.

I said as an example that Kazee and Rico could switch places. And yes, if Neal drops then for sure.

Rico can absolutely play there in spots and it will be big nickel. Devin McCourty played down on the line of scrimmage in plenty of Patriot big nickel packages. They are similar in size and Rico has a bit more muscle mass to him from what it looks like.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

You didn't read what I said. I didn't say Kazee could play LB.

I said as an example that Kazee and Rico could switch places. And yes, if Neal drops then for sure.

Rico can absolutely play there in spots and it will be big nickel. Devin McCourty played down on the line of scrimmage in plenty of Patriot big nickel packages. They are similar in size and Rico has a bit more muscle mass to him from what it looks like.

And we'd get ran over if we put Rico down there.

14 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I definitely appreciate how strong minded you are. It'll do you well.

You'll eventually learn how and when to concede a point as well.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pretty sure he loves every player 

That’s not what I mean. He loves Rico’s play. I doubt DQ would ever say he loves Duke’s play. He probably loves Duke like the kid on the bench you put in the game for 5 minutes because it’s his birthday and his mom is there watching. 

Edited by NeonDeion

6 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

No he wasn't. He was cut and put at PS. Smith only tried him at corner.

thank you, saved me the trouble  :tiphat:

If either Sheffield or Miller turn out to be actual quality starters, I’d be very surprised. There’s a reason why both were day 3 picks and not earlier. I think they have potential to maybe be something, but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’d much rather see Tru get back to his pre injury days than risk it on two very unproven CBs.

37 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If either Sheffield or Miller turn out to be actual quality starters, I’d be very surprised. There’s a reason why both were day 3 picks and not earlier. I think they have potential to maybe be something, but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’d much rather see Tru get back to his pre injury days than risk it on two very unproven CBs.

Even before the injury Tru wasn't all that to me. Alford IMO was always better. Tru just lives off the last name. TBH none of them were all that.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I definitely appreciate how strong minded you are. It'll do you well.

You'll eventually learn how and when to concede a point as well.

So you think we could have run defense with Rico in the box?

6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You could actually see this coming from the moment he signed the contract. It was extremely front loaded with the final 2 years being very small salaries. It just so happened to be right when he was 30. The team could have cut him with a low cap hit or given him an extension. Pretty smart contract by TD actually.

100 % but keep it quite saying TD actually knows what he’s doing with these things may not go down well.lol

JD dirtybird21 likes this

On 6/12/2019 at 11:41 PM, ike barn87987 said:

First of all they weren't drafted by DQ. As we saw he easily got rid of Alford. And Tru is really not playing up to the contract he got. Oliver has already taken Alford's spot and now we draft 2 more CB's.

I know everybody talks highly of Rico, but I think he is really teaching Kazee to take his job full time. Within the next couple of years they both will be gone. If you notice the backup SS talk so far is about Wilcox. So that's covered. The backup FS spot is either Neasman or Cooper. 

But the way I see the future of our starting secondary is like this.

CB: Oliver

CB:  Miller

NB: Sheffield

FS : Kazee

SS: Neal

All of them were drafted by DQ. Your new LOB.

What I've been saying....  IMO,, they should have let Tru go somewhere else.. It's easy to see,, he's lost his motive to be great. Very evident... The FO has done a great great job this off season ,, one of the best drafts ever.. Great FA pick ups.. Changes with the worst problem we had by getting a new OC.. all great.. But the one mistake that looks like is going to happen, is keeping Tru.. He should have been let go.. IMO,  I guess it could be much worse.. Most teams make many mistakes in the off season.. I still think we had the best in the league this year.. For real !! Just goes to show,,, nobody is perfect.

8 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

In spots, yes

You can't tire him out and do it all the time but for sure in particular moments where it calls for it.

I admit to not having seen as much of Devin McCourty as I have of Rico (duh) but if McCourty could do it on a regular game basis, then I imagine Rico could as well.

Basically all of 2017 McCourty played that role in spots every game. Their stature is very similar. Rico is intelligent and physical so learning a shedding technique won't be difficult for him.

16 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

No he wasn't. He was cut and put at PS. Smith only tried him at corner.

Thanks for the correction. I thought I remembered reading something about Mike nolan informing Ricardo to change to free safety while on practice squad towards. Couldn't find the article. I thought I remembered Rico talking about it before Quinn came. Guess it was just my imagination

21 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

If the Nickelback is on the field then it's not big nickel man? 

Big nickel is 3 safety's, that's the only difference. So how can we run big nickel with Kazee?

When we run 12 gauge is Sanu at QB? He's a w.r. In the depth chart. It's a silly point that you're making.

ATLFalcons11 likes this

14 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

He did in playoffs against Rams in 2017. He did against Panthers in 2018, after Neal was hurt.

ATLFalcons11 likes this

16 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

When we run 12 gauge is Sanu at QB? He's a w.r. In the depth chart. It's a silly point that you're making.

So you want Kazee in the box playing at run support?

Ok bud.

15 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He did in playoffs against Rams in 2017. He did against Panthers in 2018, after Neal was hurt.

I'll have to rewatxh that game. I seem to remember the panthers not running and check downs to McCaffery with Rico missing some tackles.

15 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Why would he get run over.

You’d only play Rico there on passing downs.

Down and distance would be the option and indicator of where and when to use that particular package.

FalconsIn2020 likes this