ike barn87987

I think the writing is on the wall for Tru and Rico

166 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

First of all they weren't drafted by DQ. As we saw he easily got rid of Alford. And Tru is really not playing up to the contract he got. Oliver has already taken Alford's spot and now we draft 2 more CB's.

I know everybody talks highly of Rico, but I think he is really teaching Kazee to take his job full time. Within the next couple of years they both will be gone. If you notice the backup SS talk so far is about Wilcox. So that's covered. The backup FS spot is either Neasman or Cooper. 

But the way I see the future of our starting secondary is like this.

CB: Oliver

CB:  Miller

NB: Sheffield

FS : Kazee

SS: Neal

All of them were drafted by DQ. Your new LOB.

Edited by ike barn87987

Hah, some of you will never give up on the get Rico out of here train. It may happen but DQ LOVES him. Rico is not a flashy superstar. But he is a GLUE GUY. See there is no I in the word "team" Most champions in every sport have superstars but have respected Glue guys and team guys. I have NEVER heard DQ say we are going to look at SS. Rico is like DQ'S coach on the field. I never heard the vets and stars on this defense say Rico was a weak link or we need to upgrade SS. If Rico is not too injured  I think we will be alright.

Nah not really if the writing was on the wall for Trufant there’s no way in **** they resign him to an extension.

The only thing that’s stopping Tru is Tru himself under performing.Outside of that he’s a key piece in the secondary just like Rico is.As above the only thing hindering them is there performance.

As for the drafting of these other corners really you’ve got Tru out the door replaced by guys who haven’t taken one snap in the NFL.Ok then I think thats so far wrong it’s criminal.

egoprime II and JD dirtybird21 like this

Allens in good graces he just sign ab extension.trufant though maybe gone if he doesnt step it up and turn his head and put sime glue on those hands

I guess we need a thread that the writing is on the wall for Matt Ryan, since DQ didn't draft him and all.

I guess we need a thread that the writing is one the wall for Julio Jones, since DQ didn't draft him and all.

I guess we need a thread that the writing is on the wall for Freeman, since DQ didn't draft him and all.....

8 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

Hah, some of you will never give up on the get Rico out of here train. It may happen but DQ LOVES him. Rico is not a flashy superstar. But he is a GLUE GUY. See there is no I in the word "team" Most champions in every sport have superstars but have respected Glue guys and team guys. I have NEVER heard DQ say we are going to look at SS. Rico is like DQ'S coach on the field. I never heard the vets and stars on this defense say Rico was a weak link or we need to upgrade SS. If Rico is not too injured  I think we will be alright.

When has any player ever called another a weak link? Also Rico isn't a SS.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Still not sold on Oliver.  I'm not a film-scouring football brain but from what I saw last year he has a long way to go before anyone should be comfortable with him as a starter.  

edit:  Don't get me wrong...I PRAY I get to eat these words beginning about September. 

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

I guess we need a thread that the writing is on the wall for Matt Ryan, since DQ didn't draft him and all.

I guess we need a thread that the writing is one the wall for Julio Jones, since DQ didn't draft him and all.

I guess we need a thread that the writing is on the wall for Freeman, since DQ didn't draft him and all.....

Well it could be for Free. I say if he does not make it through this season on the good side of health he will be curbed. 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

When has any player ever called another a weak link? Also Rico isn't a SS.

Point still stands though, Rico hasn't done anything to warrant the narrative that he's on the chopping block or needs to be there. 

Rico is to us what Devin McCourty is to the Patriots. Not much flash, but gets the job done and is a stabilizing factor in the defense, arguably more so than Debo.

Lol. The clowns here want last years big play defense and RB running for 90 yard TD. FS is DQ Defense depends on giving up underneath stuff and protecting big plays. Last year they got eaten underneath and big plays.

papachaz and Vandy like this

38 minutes ago, high impact said:

Well it could be for Free. I say if he does not make it through this season on the good side of health he will be curbed. 

well that would be due to a health issue though, not because 'DQ didn't draft him', which is what the OP was getting at