ike barn87987

2020 FA DT's

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This DT class don't look all that good. In the past 2 drafts we had our sights on Payne and Wilkins. When they were gone we went in another direction.  This FA has a DT that DQ really likes and tried very hard to recruit to FL. Timmy Jernigan.

He's been productive and if we got him in FA, we can go another direction rd 1. Maybe LBer or WR. But SEA liked him coming out when DQ was DC. So I think he might be a FA target this year.

On a SN: Javon Hargrave is a beast, but I don't think Pitt lets him get away.

Edited by ike barn87987

3 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

Woah. That’s just one game. Very impressive. Must be nice to have Hayward, Tuitt, and  Hargraves in the interior. 

Yet people on here think we are good cause we have Grady. 

I like jernigan but to be fair he was a FA this offseason and we didn't offer anything for him.  The eagles ended up resigning him after he hung out in FA for a little bit to a 1 year deal.  If we had really wanted him we could have had him this offseason.   Not saying we don't take a look at him next year still but im not sure how much DQ wants him.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:07 PM, ike barn87987 said:

This FA has a DT that DQ really likes and tried very hard to recruit to FL. Timmy Jernigan.

DQ had his shot at Jernigan this year. Passed on him. Jernigan resigned pretty late in the FA process too. Just like DQ could've reunited with Jeremiah Attaochu who I believe Seattle was interested in when he was DC, it seems more and more like DQ doesn't operate like that. 

Obviously, maybe there wasn't as big of a need for Jernigan now, but for the most part, this DL is incomplete.