Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Patriots get special treatment from the referees?

190 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

#winning

To add to the gambling side of things, the Patriots Been heavily bet against in most the recent SBs, going back to the one with Seattle. The obvious reason is that most football purist know the Patriots are not even close to being the best team in the NFL, and have been propped-up like a cadaver. So most of the money has been going against them. This makes for huge win-falls for the Bookies. 

Now in the next SB everyone will be saying the SB is fixed in favor of the Patriots and will bet with them. Then the Bookies will reverse the tables and have the Patriots take a fall, which they have to do every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

This is what I think . Your reputation proceeds you . Everyone thinks of the Pats refs included as a perfect bunch until their team gets the rail . Carolina is 2-0 against NE the last 2x they’ve played I’m sure they’d beg to differ on this topic . I’m sure if the refs called one of those 2 illegal pick plays NE used against us to complete 28-3 we would probably beg to differ as well . Ask Philly fans do NE get special treatment .. point is NE has a strong rep like you said but most don’t care whenever they beat them . We lost & now we are here .  

 

44 minutes ago, Farmer2 said:

I don’t think teams get special treatment from the refs but a teams reputation may influence a ref.  The Patriots have a rep of being extremely disciplined so refs may overlook things that a teams like the Raiders May get called for all day.  Seattle when they had the legion of boom constantly got away with grabbing and holding receivers, but because their rep was being an elite defense, they were less likely to get called for it.

The Patriots have had a reputation for cheating. Lol

raysnill1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

 

Same play.  One was called, one wasn’t.

flagnoflag.0.gif

 

8 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

 

Play #3 @ 5:10 in this video agrees. No call! :tiphat:

I will say Matthews probably held longer and Long sells it. Probably coached that way. :shrug:

Meh, that's why you don't play with your food. Just run the ball and we don't play into the easy flag and judgment call territory...

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

To add to the gambling side of things, the Patriots Been heavily bet against in most the recent SBs, going back to the one with Seattle. The obvious reason is that most football purist know the Patriots are not even close to being the best team in the NFL, and have been propped-up like a cadaver. So most of the money has been going against them. This makes for huge win-falls for the Bookies. 

Now in the next SB everyone will be saying the SB is fixed in favor of the Patriots and will bet with them. Then the Bookies will reverse the tables and have the Patriots take a fall, which they have to do every now and then.

Hopefully the Patriots will fall to our Falcons which is exactly what I am predicting. Brady vs Ryan 2 should do excellent for ratings.

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady and Belichick era started on the back of the tuck rule call.

GG :)

...but where is the fun in believing wrestling is fake? ;)

Helps if you want to watch for the LOLs :lol:

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes...

 

Teams that beat them aren't complaining and the tuck rule was a LEGAL call made. They, the Patriots were victimized (if you will) the next year by the same call.

BamaBirdLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

propped-up like a cadave

like weekend at Bernies...

I thought they were the slight favorites vs the Rams?

39 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Then the Bookies will reverse the tables and have the Patriots take a fall, which they have to do every now and then.

i really hope so.

 

 

 

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Patriots

ran across this today.  im not saying i agree with it-  certainly is not compelling story telling.  but it is thought provoking.  in no way do i think we would ever self sabotage..i think our coaching staff was overwhelmed to say the least. 

i did have a remark at watching the game-  ive only watched it once...the patroits were not in any hurry in the 4th quarter.  methodical, letting time off the clock with zero urgency.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

 

Play #3 @ 5:10 in this video agrees. No call! :tiphat:

I will say Matthews probably held longer and Long sells it. Probably coached that way. :shrug:

Meh, that's why you don't play with your food. Just run the ball and we don't play into the easy flag and judgment call territory...

LOL...love the analogy.  Don’t play with your food

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but to be fair if ganzo clled for a flag he nearly always got it, Julio is also getting that respect some. 

But seriously ganzo could motion for a flag and get it nearly Everytime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metatron360 said:

Yes but to be fair if ganzo clled for a flag he nearly always got it, Julio is also getting that respect some. 

But seriously ganzo could motion for a flag and get it nearly Everytime

Julio?? Julio be getting raped on the field. it makes me mad because Julio is big enough that he SHOULD be getting the superstar calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

like weekend at Bernies...

I thought they were the slight favorites vs the Rams?

i really hope so.

 

 

 

Do not ever believe what comes out of Las Vegas. Whatever is said is to help make the wagers fall on the side of their preference, usually the opposite of what they say. The Rams were exponentially a more talented team than the Patriots. In fact you can usually assume the most talented team in the SB loses, going back to my original point.

When the Falcons played, I heard the betting was heavily on the Falcons side of the Ledger, after the smart money saw what they did to the Hawks and Packers.

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

ran across this today.  im not saying i agree with it-  certainly is not compelling story telling.  but it is thought provoking.  in no way do i think we would ever self sabotage..i think our coaching staff was overwhelmed to say the least. 

i did have a remark at watching the game-  ive only watched it once...the patroits were not in any hurry in the 4th quarter.  methodical, letting time off the clock with zero urgency.. 

Ryan snapped the ball many times in the 4th Quarter with 15-seconds left on the game clock. Whatever you want to call it nothing speaks louder than that!

GeorgiaBoyz and Spts1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Do not ever believe what comes out of Las Vegas. Whatever is said is to help make the wagers fall on the side of their preference, usually the opposite of what they say. The Rams were exponentially a more talented team than the Patriots. In fact you can usually assume the most talented team in the SB loses, going back to my original point.

When the Falcons played, I heard the betting was heavily on the Falcons side of the Ledger, after the smart money saw what they did to the Hawks and Packers.

So who benefits with that?  A select few? Why would anyone bet against the patriots at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Ryan snapped the ball many times in the 4th Quarter with 15-seconds left on the game clock. Whatever you want to call it nothing speaks louder than that!

Why did he do that?  What’s the inference. I need to rewatch some of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

So who benefits with that?  A select few? Why would anyone bet against the patriots at this point. 

Exactly, that is when the Patriots will lose, when everyone is betting on them. That makes the trade very heavy on one side. They will increase the spread to make it look official, but behind the scenes the Bookies want that lopsided trade. Then the Patriots will bow and take a loss, and the Bookies will rake in $$$$$$$. All the while they will say to the public that the bets were pretty even based on the spread. They can create this in regular games sometimes too, like the Falcons/Dolphins game at the Benz a couple of years ago. Rumor had it that the Bookies raked in close to $100M just on that regular season game. People took the Falcons at home in droves, despite whatever the spread was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Why did he do that?  What’s the inference. I need to rewatch some of that. 

I went back and counted how much time Ryan saved by snapping the ball early. It was close to 2-minutes. Think maybe the game is over if he snaps the ball when he should have with a couple of seconds left on the clock? Nobody does that with the kind of lead Atlanta had late in that game. Nobody! Nobody!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are only 2 ways the Falcons lost the SB in terms of obvious blame game.

Kyle called 4 runs in 3 drives after 28...meanwhile they tie the game in about 16 minutes of game one later...with about a minute remaining.

Do the math. Run the ball at least double that and secure the FG or just let time expire on the Julio drive.

Oh yeah...no whiff block by Freeman to spring a short field TD either.

No bad play calls? No missed block by Free? No time to tie? Falcons win the SB!

or conspiracy if that’s your thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Ryan snapped the ball many times in the 4th Quarter with 15-seconds left on the game clock. Whatever you want to call it nothing speaks louder than that!

And Shanahan, not only do you call a passing play, you call DEEP DROPS, not a short drop and quick throw but something that takes you OUT of field goal range...

 

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now