Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Patriots get special treatment from the referees?

190 posts in this topic

I have heard some fans say that they think the Patriots among other teams get special treatment from the referees weather it be intentional or not. I do not watch the Patriots on a regular basis. I can think of 3 games off the top of my head where the Patriots won in my opinion because the referees gave them a hand. 1. The tuck rule game vs the Raiders in 2001-2002, a 2007 regular season game against the Ravens where their undefeated season should have ended, and the 2017 afccg vs the Jaguars. I am very interested to hear what you guys think. Do you think the Patriots get special treatment from the referees? If so what games stand out to you where you thought the referees favored the Patriots?

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Came here to say this. So Obvious. 

I remember a painfully obvious hold on Vic Beasley while Brady was throwing from his own endzone that should’ve resulted in a safety. Nope. 

Edited by shock

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I have heard some fans say that they think the Patriots among other teams get special treatment from the referees weather it be intentional or not. I do not watch the Patriots on a regular basis. I can think of 3 games off the top of my head where the Patriots won in my opinion because the referees gave them a hand. 1. The tuck rule game vs the Raiders in 2001-2002, a 2007 regular season game against the Ravens where their undefeated season should have ended, and the 2017 afccg vs the Jaguars. I am very interested to hear what you guys think. Do you think the Patriots get special treatment from the referees? If so what games stand out to you where you thought the referees favored the Patriots?

Every game they play is outstanding for what they get away with.  

Spts1 and Falcons Fan MVP like this

1 hour ago, shock said:

In our Super Bowl the Patriots ran just over 100 offensive plays and were called for offensive holding 0 times.

I rest my case. 

on the winning TD in the Super Bowl Debo got pulled down by the jersey from behind so ...

JDaveG likes this

The greatest players and the dynasties always get beneficial calls from officials.

Greg Maddux would get that extra half inch off the corner of the plate, Michael Jordan, if anybody breathed within the same area code as him, got the foul shot.

It's just part of sports, and teams have to overcome both the opponent and the officials sometimes.

A former NFL player said on TV after our Superbowl, that there was 14 obvious penalties in the second half that wasn't called. Unquestionable Calls that have to be made. They had no dog in the fight, but him and the other guys on that show, where all wondering how it could be that lopsided and there was no way they just missed them. If they called half of those, Falcons win easy. The Patriots had to have some luck and alot of help to win ... They got it.

8 penalties Falcons

4 penalties Patroits

Twice in field goal range taken out of range by flags.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

A former NFL player said on TV after our Superbowl, that there was 14 obvious penalties in the second half that wasn't called. Unquestionable Calls that have to be made. They had no dog in the fight, but him and the other guys on that show, where all wondering how it could be that lopsided and there was no way they just missed them. If they called half of those, Falcons win easy. The Patriots had to have some luck and alot of help to win ... They got it.

Port Canaveral gambling boat, Orlando Florida day cruise

Gambling driven league

Edited by VTCrunkler

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Same play.  One was called, one wasn’t.

flagnoflag.0.gif

This!!!!!!!!!!!

And the ref looking right at it

Edited by texasfalconfan
UK13 and Emmitt like this

They run an offense based on two "receivers" acting as wired guided missiles to blast whoever is supposed to be guarding Julian Edelman. An officiating crew that didn't worship at the alter of Brady would flag them 20 times a game for OPI.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

I think it is rather obvious to almost everyone that has visited this site (and 30 other NFL fan bases), that the Patriots are treated differently than other NFL teams. 

Now the next logical question is why does the NFL need/want/desire to keep the Patriots on top?

I think the heart of the answer has to do with Craft, Inc. An agency from Kraft, Inc. has represented the NFL in most of the recent era TV contracts. Besides gambling dollars, what would be the most important stream of revenue for the NFL. Of course it is their TV contracts. Mr. Kraft is not someone that just gets preferential treatment because of this arrangement, the NFL is indebted to him and Kraft, Inc., and you could almost say Mr. Kraft owns the NFL along with (31) minority share holders. Who knows maybe he does own (51%) of private shares?

Interested to hear other ideas about this subject.

I don’t think teams get special treatment from the refs but a teams reputation may influence a ref.  The Patriots have a rep of being extremely disciplined so refs may overlook things that a teams like the Raiders May get called for all day.  Seattle when they had the legion of boom constantly got away with grabbing and holding receivers, but because their rep was being an elite defense, they were less likely to get called for it.

9 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Kraft, Inc. has represented the NFL in most of the recent era TV contracts.

#winning

4 minutes ago, Farmer2 said:

I don’t think teams get special treatment from the refs but a teams reputation may influence a ref.  The Patriots have a rep of being extremely disciplined so refs may overlook things that a teams like the Raiders May get called for all day.  Seattle when they had the legion of boom constantly got away with grabbing and holding receivers, but because their rep was being an elite defense, they were less likely to get called for it.

This is what I think . Your reputation proceeds you . Everyone thinks of the Pats refs included as a perfect bunch until their team gets the rail . Carolina is 2-0 against NE the last 2x they’ve played I’m sure they’d beg to differ on this topic . I’m sure if the refs called one of those 2 illegal pick plays NE used against us to complete 28-3 we would probably beg to differ as well . Ask Philly fans do NE get special treatment .. point is NE has a strong rep like you said but most don’t care whenever they beat them . We lost & now we are here .  

BamaBirdLady likes this