Which player did Coach Quinn say would have a monster season

Cole World

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Sure...but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the right to compliment another one of the 53 guys that he’s responsible for...

Besides Vic had his first monster year already. It’s takk’s Time to have his and if Beasley has another GREAT!!! I don’t think it was a jab either. 

It's true. Takk is primed. His production is consistent, all things considered, as a 6-8 sack guy in his first two years. That's fine. But he's got the talent and should be able to put it together this year to ball. Other than sacks, I want to see him get his hands on passes more. PDs are just as close to sacks for a DL as anything in my opinion. 

22 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Sure...but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the right to compliment another one of the 53 guys that he’s responsible for...

But Quinn hasn't ever taken any other Falcons defensive player under his wing before.  Vic lead the league in sacks several season ago and I think by DQ taking Vic "under his wing" is hoping to recapture that same type of season from Vic.  Which was leading the league in sacks.  To name Takk, someone else who is on the defensive line, in a similar position as Vic, as the one to have a monster season, still speaks about his confidence in Vic.  Sometimes it isn't what you say, but what you don't say.  To not mention Vic in that, IMO is telling.  

However, I am a believe in Takk (not Vic), so it is great news to hear this and I would agree with DQ if Takk can stay healthy.  

15 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

But Quinn hasn't ever taken any other Falcons defensive player under his wing before.  Vic lead the league in sacks several season ago and I think by DQ taking Vic "under his wing" is hoping to recapture that same type of season from Vic.  Which was leading the league in sacks.  To name Takk, someone else who is on the defensive line, in a similar position as Vic, as the one to have a monster season, still speaks about his confidence in Vic.  Sometimes it isn't what you say, but what you don't say.  To not mention Vic in that, IMO is telling.  

However, I am a believe in Takk (not Vic), so it is great news to hear this and I would agree with DQ if Takk can stay healthy.  

Reading way too much into this...Way too much. This is like telling a girl that you think her hair looks good and she responds with “so...does this mean you don’t think my hair looks good on other days???”

7 hours ago, vel said:

It's true. Takk is primed. His production is consistent, all things considered, as a 6-8 sack guy in his first two years. That's fine. But he's got the talent and should be able to put it together this year to ball. Other than sacks, I want to see him get his hands on passes more. PDs are just as close to sacks for a DL as anything in my opinion. 

I think so too. Dude just needs to stay healthy, mentally sharp as well as physically...