Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Embrace the suck

DQ Recaps OTAs 6/6/19

187 posts in this topic

Some key points:

-Impressed with Koetter's ability to game plan and attack a defense, especially in practice. 

-Likes what Hageman has shown so far but wants him to get in game shape.

-Impressed with Foye's football intelligence and know how. Foye sounds like a potential breakout candidate..

11 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Some key points:

-Impressed with Koetter's ability to game plan and attack a defense, especially in practice. 

-Likes what Hageman has shown so far but wants him to get in game shape.

-Impressed with Foye's football intelligence and know how. Foye sounds like a potential breakout candidate..

Foye is getting a lot of love from the coaches lately. 

Sounds good....what about Beasley? DQ has put his job on the line for Vic and his 12.8m$ Payday. We’re getting ready to find what DQ make of....if Beasley flops again DQ looks like a draft homer. If Bs plays well with 8-10 sacks he looks like a genius. I’m pulling for both

Draftnut57 likes this

Some good info in this piece.  My takeaways

- Foye is one of those glue players a great defensive unit has.  Hope he sees lots of reps.

- Pre-season games will be essential for Hageman.  The extra game is a gift for him

- Rico is more important to defensive success than we realize

- OTA’s do have tremendous value, especially for the young players or when a team fundamentally changes a schematic philosophy.  It’s no surprise OL play has gotten worse once the CBA stripped 5 weeks from the offseason schedule.  During these OTA’s Lindstrom went from backup to starter so good on him

19 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

Foye is getting a lot of love from the coaches lately. 

Like @Falconsin2012 said he appears to be a glue player that holds the team together. He is as knowledgeable as Rico or close enough it appears that he has become a mentor. Looks like he will be starting alongside Debo and Campbell, with Duke Riling them up from the bench. 

42 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Some good info in this piece.  My takeaways

- Foye is one of those glue players a great defensive unit has.  Hope he sees lots of reps.

- Pre-season games will be essential for Hageman.  The extra game is a gift for him

- Rico is more important to defensive success than we realize

- OTA’s do have tremendous value, especially for the young players or when a team fundamentally changes a schematic philosophy

Dude you gotta drop this. You're not gonna change anyone's mind.

falcons007 and slick0ne like this

38 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Like @Falconsin2012 said he appears to be a glue player that holds the team together. He is as knowledgeable as Rico or close enough it appears that he has become a mentor. Looks like he will be starting alongside Debo and Campbell, with Duke Riling them up from the bench. 

A “glue player that holds the team together” Man wth are y’all smoking here!? He’s a 2nd year player that’s got good reviews after OTAs . How does that in a sane world equate to being Rico 2.0? A proven player that has put in work & paid dues . You guys really need to chill with the “my favorite player” love fest . Sure he may start, sure he may produce .. I hope he does but this premature “crowning” shlt is ridiculous . 

Lornoth, Ovie_Lover, sdogg and 2 others like this

18 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude you gotta drop this. You're not gonna change anyone's mind.

I am just going off what Quinn said.   Over these 4 weeks they have gotten a lot of good work in.  The team as a whole.  

I’m glad Quinn didn’t take the bait, though.  

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I am just going off what Quinn said.   Over these 4 weeks they have gotten a lot of good work in.  The team as a whole.  

I’m glad Quinn didn’t take the bait, though.  

And players say different. You can find people arguing for both sides. Doesn't make it a fact.

15 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

A “glue player that holds the team together” Man wth are y’all smoking here!? He’s a 2nd year player that’s got good reviews after OTAs . How does that in a sane world equate to being Rico 2.0? A proven player that has put in work & paid dues . You guys really need to chill with the “my favorite player” love fest . Sure he may start, sure he may produce .. I hope he does but this premature “crowning” shlt is ridiculous . 

Watch the video, he's mentoring rookies and even 2nd year players on how to watch film cut ups. 

Stryka and FalconsIn2012 like this

6 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Watch the video, he's mentoring rookies and even 2nd year players on how to watch film cut ups. 

And that's awesome but not exactly "the glue that holds the team together".

Stryka likes this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

And that's awesome but not exactly "the glue that holds the team together".

A glue player.  Not the glue.  People like Foye & Crawford & Rico wont get the spotlight, but they are glue players.  Essential to any team.  Like Cornelius Bennett or Malloy’s impact on the Falcons during their tenures 

shock, vel and Embrace the suck like this

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

A glue player.  Not the glue.  People like Foye & Crawford & Rico wont get the spotlight, but they are glue players.  Essential to any team.  Like Cornelius Bennett or Malloy’s impact on the Falcons during their tenures 

A glue player is Matt Ryan, Debo or Alex Mack.

Shelley#37 likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Those are your cornerstone.  Glue guys are not your stars

Glue to me is someone we will fall apart without.

sdogg likes this

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Glue connects the pieces that would fall apart without it. You sound dumb. As per usual. I have no idea who u are in real life but i wish i did.

Embrace the suck likes this

11 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

A glue player is Matt Ryan, Debo or Alex Mack.

Those are star players not glue guys, glue guys are someone like Shane Battier that get everyone on the same page, do the dirty work, and help the team and coaches study film, get together, or answer questions etc..Rico Allen is the perfect glue guy on our team because the team loses its voice and cohesiveness when he is gone but he is not a star player. He was already considered a glue guy after his first year of starting because of his film study and playbook prowess.

11 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Sounds good....what about Beasley? DQ has put his job on the line for Vic and his 12.8m$ Payday. We’re getting ready to find what DQ make of....if Beasley flops again DQ looks like a draft homer. If Bs plays well with 8-10 sacks he looks like a genius. I’m pulling for both

No he hasn't. If Beasley under performs Quinn will keep his job.

6 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Glue connects the pieces that would fall apart without it. You sound dumb. As per usual. I have no idea who u are in real life but i wish i did.

Lol so glue doesn't hold things together?

What would you do about it if you did? :lol:

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Those are star players not glue guys, glue guys are someone like Shane Battier thar get everyone on the same page, do the dirty work, and help the team and coaches study film, get together, or answer questions etc..Rico Allen is the perfect glue guy on our team because the team loses its voice and cohesiveness when he is gone but he is not a star player. He was already considered a glue guy after his first year of starting because of his film study and playbook prowess.

Agree to disagree. 

The dirty work guys and glue guys to me are different.

Stryka likes this

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

6 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

How was what you said any different than mine? Lol 

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Foye seems to be a quick learner and has an old head on young shoulders that’s what I take from DQs comments about him.

Thats what glue guys do make up for lack of athleticism size strength or other such mentioned things with football intelligence.

But Foye is one of the most athletic guys on the field?

11 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

And players say different. You can find people arguing for both sides. Doesn't make it a fact.

for either side. I personally think they help the players in their first few seasons, after that the older players should be volunteering to be there, and should be with the team but in a 'mentor' capacity. 

Ovie_Lover likes this