Unkn0wn

Pirates @ Braves

442 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

I'm glad we don't have to see them again, they were an absolute pain and would never just lay down and let us beat them lol.

It was like looking in a mirror. They just kept coming.

falconsd56 likes this

Just now, jidady said:

It was like looking in a mirror. They just kept coming.

It had to be annoying to be a pitcher.

Both teams made some good pitches that the other team just kept fouling pitches off.....getting just enough to stay alive......and neither teams really chase pitches out of the strike zone

jidady likes this

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Whew. That seemed scary.

As a baseball fan, I kind of wish these teams played another series. They're so evenly matched, and both of them battle to the end.

I really hope that isn't true because if the pirates are evenly matched with us we're gonna get throttled in the playoffs.

The Pirates are so much like the 2017 Braves if you want a comp. One really big bat (Bell-Freeman) but otherwise mostly an annoying as **** pingers/dink and dunk offense that just won't go away, paired with bad starting pitching (the 2019 Pirates being worse than the 2017 Braves amazingly) and a mediocre bullpen. 

I think the big deal for all of the games vs them mainly had to do with that so many offenses are so concerned about lift and celebrate, and the Pirates outside of their big guy at the plate are satisfied with hitting it where it's pitched and dinking and dunking hits and the Braves weren't used to that because they're used to pitching to lift and celebrate instead of that. That said, the team never adjusted for some reason to that. You didn't see much of an attempt to try to bust them inside. Luckily the Pirates pitching was just awful though.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

6 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

The Pirates are so much like the 2017 Braves if you want a comp. One really big bat (Bell-Freeman) but otherwise mostly an annoying as **** pingers/dink and dunk offense that just won't go away, paired with bad starting pitching (the 2019 Pirates being worse than the 2017 Braves amazingly) and a mediocre bullpen. 

I think the big deal for all of the games vs them mainly had to do with that so many offenses are so concerned about lift and celebrate, and the Pirates outside of their big guy at the plate are satisfied with hitting it where it's pitched and dinking and dunking hits and the Braves weren't used to that because they're used to pitching to lift and celebrate instead of that. That said, the team never adjusted for some reason to that. You didn't see much of an attempt to try to bust them inside. Luckily the Pirates pitching was just awful though.

Ok is this right? I thought it was lift and separate.

The Phillies series will be a good indicator but I have to echo what Gabe Burns said. This feels like the real Braves. If Keuchel does his thing and we add a good arm to the pen then we'll be really dangerous. The Dodgers have all that pitching but we have the lineup to counter. Soroka, Keuchel and Julio could be pretty dangerous in a playoff series. That's not even counting Fried.

32 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Ok is this right? I thought it was lift and separate.

Nah it is lift and separate.

I was combining that phrasing with the term "elevate and celebrate". Either way, 90% of major league teams are that kind of offense today.

Edited by VoiceofReason95
Malachore likes this

7 hours ago, Malachore said:

Told you guys to wait and see. :D

and for some stupid reason they can't seem to think he is good enough to let him close lol.  Theirs no way anyone so far since he has been here has proven to shut ppl down as much as he has and until we get a legit closer traded for or signed i think he should be the one to do it.  Atleast until he proves otherwise that he can't do it either and the closer 9th inning position is just cursed XD

Falconsfan567 likes this

17 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Okay guys, since I took my daughter to Build-a-bear in Myrtle Beach last weekend and made her a Braves bear in a little Braves outfit named “CJ”, they’ve been on a tear.  He’s good luck.

CJ has really been a game changer! Just hope he stays healthy!