Unkn0wn

Pirates @ Braves

442 posts in this topic

Monday, 7:20

Joe Musgrove, 4-6, 4.44

Kevin Gausman, 2-5, 6.15

Tuesday, 7:20 

Chris Archer, 3-5, 5.20

Mike Foltynewicz, 1-5, 5.89

Wednesday, 7:20

TBD

Mike Soroka, 7-1, 1.38

Thursday, 12:10

Jordan Lyles, 5-3, 3.64

Julio Teheran, 4-4, 3.03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just glad we got our sweeper man to make the thread.

Maybe that mojo can make Gausman not suck tomorrow...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its one thing about the Braves, they will give a struggling player plenty of opportunities to figure things out.

Let's hope Gaus and Folty have figured things out!

Go Braves!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Keuchel does well tonight and Gausman sucks, maybe they put Gausman on the IL and bring up Keuchel to start Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys!!!!

Just found out, yours truly will be attending the Braves/ Phillies game on Saturday night! My wife just won 2 tickets at her work and they are right behind homeplate section 25!!!!

Life is good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Hey Guys!!!!

Just found out, yours truly will be attending the Braves/ Phillies game on Saturday night! My wife just won 2 tickets at her work and they are right behind homeplate section 25!!!!

Life is good!

Sweet, I'll be there too. Celebrating Father's Day a day early.

I'll be at SunTrust tonight too, my nephew is in a group singing the National Anthem.

tl;dr, m2Falcons, jidady and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Sweet, I'll be there too. Celebrating Father's Day a day early.

I'll be at SunTrust tonight too, my nephew is in a group singing the National Anthem.

Awesome. This will be my second time going since STP opened. I still can't get over the location of these seats, my first time there I was in the nose bleeds and those were good seats too.

Trust me, Harper is going to get an ear full from me....;)

K26dp likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

If Keuchel does well tonight and Gausman sucks, maybe they put Gausman on the IL and bring up Keuchel to start Saturday. 

Can't.

The earliest Keuchel can come up is Tues. the 18th.  He has a mandatory 10-day eval period in his contract.

I guess the Braves could waive it, but I doubt they do. I think they want to see him get 2 starts in minors at a bare minimum before coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Beef said:

Can't.

The earliest Keuchel can come up is Tues. the 18th.  He has a mandatory 10-day eval period in his contract.

I guess the Braves could waive it, but I doubt they do. I think they want to see him get 2 starts in minors at a bare minimum before coming up.

I heard on the Atlanta Baseball Talk podcast that he has that mandatory 10-day evaluation, but he could come up if it's for an injury. It would take Gausman going to the IL for some reason, which I doubt happens, but is possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I heard on the Atlanta Baseball Talk podcast that he has that mandatory 10-day evaluation, but he could come up if it's for an injury. It would take Gausman going to the IL for some reason, which I doubt happens, but is possible. 

Ah, that could be.

But yeah, I doubt that happens.

If Gausman absolutely craps the bed this start, then it's definitely time to move him to the bullpen at the very least.

tl;dr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Beef said:

Ah, that could be.

But yeah, I doubt that happens.

If Gausman absolutely craps the bed this start, then it's definitely time to move him to the bullpen at the very least.

I think that’s where they are headed. **** shame though. Thought him getting out of Oriole Purgatory might really improve his stock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Hes subject to the minor league option minimum of 10 days. However an injury would allow him to be called up earlier.

Knew I could count on you to tell me if I was right haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Beef said:

Ah, that could be.

But yeah, I doubt that happens.

If Gausman absolutely craps the bed this start, then it's definitely time to move him to the bullpen at the very least.

We may need 8/9 runs tonight. If Gausman goes 5 and allows 4 or fewer, I'll be happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Beef said:

Ah, that could be.

But yeah, I doubt that happens.

If Gausman absolutely craps the bed this start, then it's definitely time to move him to the bullpen at the very least.

If?

He's been ****ting himself basically all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malachore said:

If?

He's been ****ting himself basically all year.

He had a few good games at the beginning of the season, and was really good the second half last year.  But I agree, he's been awful for like 6-7 straight games.

What sucks is he surely knows he's losing his job to Keuchel, so he's probably going to be even worse than normal tonight.

Maybe they'll get rained out and we can skip his start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gausman could have the game if his life tonight and it won't matter - he will get demoted once Keuchel is ready. 

Time to score 15 runs tonight, men! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else noticing that Donaldson has turned into a pop-fly machine?

Something seems wrong with Albies' swing too.  He's behind on everything.

And Riley has been pressing the last 4 games.  I think he is trying to pull the ball and hit it out every swing now when before he was willing to swing inside-out and push a ball opposite field.  RHP's are getting him on sliders away every time, and LHP's are getting him on outside change-ups/sinkers every time now.  His head is already looking towards the stands before he's done swinging.  He's either not swinging at outside strikes, or he's swinging at outside pitches and missing.  Someone needs to get in his ear and fix it.  It's a simple issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now