mashburn*Fibonacci

I'm asking for deep prayers

133 posts in this topic

Bummer, man, what can I say? Best of luck, and yeah, docs screw up too so you never know.

Just let the testing and whatnot take its course. For me personally, I try to make each day count in some way or another. I suck at that in terms of consistency, but the point is, try to keep active/productive. It's out of your hands, so don't let what you're going through lock you down, keep doing your thing as best you can. We're pulling for you, boss!

39 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

The thing that sucks is don't know the truth of the future. And it's causing me to just think the worse. 

Sorry to hear you are getting more bad news, MonsterMash.  

Myasthenia Gravis (HG) is a serious condition.  But the good news is with modern therapy treatments it shouldn’t impact the quality of your life too much.  But you need to stay on top of your doctors proscribed treatments.  Worst case scenerio they may remove your thymus gland...but again, your quality of life shouldn’t fundamentally change.  So don’t be addled with fear.  The doctors can control this disease for you.  

Sending love and positive thoughts your way...

You are in my thoughts and prayers Mash!    You keep on top of it - and remember that you are still here, despite what happened to you at 18.

You're a strong person - and you have a beautiful, sweet wife to be your strength.

You got this!

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Sorry to hear you are getting more bad news, MonsterMash.  

Myasthenia Gravis (HG) is a serious condition.  But the good news is with modern therapy treatments it shouldn’t impact the quality of your life too much.  But you need to stay on top of your doctors proscribed treatments.  Worst case scenerio they may remove your thymus gland...but again, your quality of life shouldn’t fundamentally change.  So don’t be addled with fear.  The doctors can control this disease for you.  

Sending love and positive thoughts your way...

thanks for giving me insight to it. I hate this that doctor left a message. because I have so many questions. and google will tell you are dying from a cold. LOL. so I know to stay away from that. 

I do not get it. I had an EMG pin test done for this. and the tech said he could not see anything that supported I did or did not have it (and their doctor was there).. Yet this eye doctor called me saying the results came back positive. 

Also I only have double vision when I look to the left. and my right eye jumps up. but locking straight or to the right I do not. 
Also it is the same every moment of the day, since I noticed it in November. 
Lastly I have no other symptoms..... not even the droopy eye. 
- - - so when I talked to people who actually have it on facebook, they wonder if I actually have it or not. and the EMG test is not something to confirm you have it. a blood test would be the 100% finder, and the emg test is to see how bad it is. 

Skeetbird likes this

Just now, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

thanks for giving me insight to it. I hate this that doctor left a message. because I have so many questions. and google will tell you are dying from a cold. LOL. so I know to stay away from that. 

I do not get it. I had an EMG pin test done for this. and the tech said he could not see anything that supported I did or did not have it (and their doctor was there).. Yet this eye doctor called me saying the results came back positive. 

Also I only have double vision when I look to the left. and my right eye jumps up. but locking straight or to the right I do not. 
Also it is the same every moment of the day, since I noticed it in November. 
Lastly I have no other symptoms..... not even the droopy eye. 
- - - so when I talked to people who actually have it on facebook, they wonder if I actually have it or not. and the EMG test is not something to confirm you have it. a blood test would be the 100% finder, and the emg test is to see how bad it is. 

The name is scarier than the disease now.  Two decades ago, that wasn’t the case.  But there have been significant advances in the treatments.  There is still no cure and it’s considered degenerative, but they have discovered ways of stoping the diseases progression.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Brother, we have spoken in the past and I got to know things about you that not many know. You also encouraged me when I was conflicted and in turmoil.

Unlike most, our friendship has been tested, mainly by my own arrogance, but you didn’t fall off and remained a loyal friend.

If you don’t really get where I’m going, there is one thing I know about you. Summed up in one word. “Resilience”. You’re a tough mudder! Your fear is normal, but it’s time to remember all the times you’ve come out of the storm and defeated your enemy. 

You’re going to make it. I will pray for you, but it’s through your own faith and toughness that you will share yet another testimony of victory and I will enjoy seeing it and applying it to my own life. You know how to find me Brother. 

I don’t expect any quit out of you now. 

Clarence

29 minutes ago, Tandy said:

You are in my thoughts and prayers Mash!    You keep on top of it - and remember that you are still here, despite what happened to you at 18.

You're a strong person - and you have a beautiful, sweet wife to be your strength.

You got this!

What Tandy said

And when is Nito’s decortication?  Any progress on that front?

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

23 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Brother, we have spoken in the past and I got to know things about you that not many know. You also encouraged me when I was conflicted and in turmoil.

Unlike most, our friendship has been tested, mainly by my own arrogance, but you didn’t fall off and remained a loyal friend.

If you don’t really get where I’m going, there is one thing I know about you. Summed up in one word. “Resilience”. You’re a tough mudder! Your fear is normal, but it’s time to remember all the times you’ve come out of the storm and defeated your enemy. 

You’re going to make it. I will pray for you, but it’s through your own faith and toughness that you will share yet another testimony of victory and I will enjoy seeing it and applying it to my own life. You know how to find me Brother. 

I don’t expect any quit out of you now. 

Clarence

Thanks. Right now I'm on a bad roller coster. One second I know there's no point to worry abs trust God and just do my regular things. Abs the next I'm in tears and trying to go to sleep to forget about this day. 

19 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Hang tight, Mash. This disease clearly is way too stupid to know who its f***in with. You're gonna kick its teeth out and laugh as it fizzles into a puddle of surrender. Book it.

Thank you. 

I'm trying to focus on this doctor is a quack and I don't have it. 

PokerSteve likes this