Jump to content

Braves @ Marlins


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

If Urena hits anyone, even the bat boy, I expect him to be tossed, and there to be a brawl.

Also, our best three going until Dallas get here. This should be a sweep.

Who at the beginning of the year would have said Teheran would be one of our top 3 pitchers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

If Urena hits anyone, even the bat boy, I expect him to be tossed, and there to be a brawl.

Also, our best three going until Dallas get here. This should be a sweep.

I know I said yesterday that I was done with Folty, but that was just emotion. I think we have 4 starters who will be decent by the end of the year (Soroka, Folty, Fried, and Teheran). Add Keuchel, and we are in great shape pitching wise.

Still just need bullpen help 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I know I said yesterday that I was done with Folty, but that was just emotion. I think we have 4 starters who will be decent by the end of the year (Soroka, Folty, Fried, and Teheran). Add Keuchel, and we are in great shape pitching wise.

Still just need bullpen help 

Still don't have that Playoff horse who you feel like is getting that W, could have been Bumgarner 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Still don't have that Playoff horse who you feel like is getting that W, could have been Bumgarner 

In seven playoff series, Keuchel has a career playoff ERA of 3.31.

The entire baseball world has turned its back on soft tossers who get people out, but Keuchel's been really good for a long time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jidady said:

In seven playoff series, Keuchel has a career playoff ERA of 3.31.

The entire baseball world has turned its back on soft tossers who get people out, but Keuchel's been really good for a long time. 

I mentioned during the winter that Keuchel has been outstanding in the playoffs. You don't need to be Justin Verlander or John Smoltz to be good in the playoffs. Two of the best playoff performances in history were by Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine in that 1995 World Series against the Indians. John Smoltz got knocked to pieces in his only start of that World Series. Why? Because the Indians could master the fastball, but they couldn't adjust to the offspeed stuff that Maddux and Glavine threw at them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I mentioned during the winter that Keuchel has been outstanding in the playoffs. You don't need to be Justin Verlander or John Smoltz to be good in the playoffs. Two of the best playoff performances in history were by Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine in that 1995 World Series against the Indians. John Smoltz got knocked to pieces in his only start of that World Series. Why? Because the Indians could master the fastball, but they couldn't adjust to the offspeed stuff that Maddux and Glavine threw at them.

I don't like soft tossers in October. Always thought not having high strikout guys in our rotation cost us some playoff series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't like soft tossers in October. Always thought not having high strikout guys in our rotation cost us some playoff series.

I believe that what happens in the playoff is luck more than anything else. Some pitchers clearly crack under the pressure. Greg Maddux never did, and that's why his career postseason ERA is 3.27. Nobody remembers that, however, because he was 11-14 in the playoffs. It's right in line with his regular season ERA of 3.16, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't like soft tossers in October. Always thought not having high strikout guys in our rotation cost us some playoff series.

What cost the Braves postseason wins was the offense always going to sleep. Braves rarely lost in the playoffs because of the pitching. Almost always lost because they couldn't score.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

I don't like soft tossers in October. Always thought not having high strikout guys in our rotation cost us some playoff series.

That was the weakness of the Braves dynasty years.  Cox should have started Maddox-Smoltz-Glavine in that order during the playoffs.  

Maddox and Glavine were too similar to send out back-to-back in the playoffs.

In the earlier years, Smoltz-Avery-Glavine should have been the order

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...