mashburn*Fibonacci

Patriots cut Stefan-Jenkins for missing 1st day

70 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They also sidelined Butler for 3 weeks and prevented him from participating in OTA’s for being late for the first day of Voluntary OTA’s

The real punishment was letting him play in all 16 games (and 3 playoff games) so he could earn a great raise as a free agent. They really stuck it to him. I am sure the Titans brought up OTAs in his contract negotiations.

Yo_Lover likes this

8 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I wish the Falcons were hard like this. I don't care if it's Julio, grady, Vic, trufant, hooper etc etc.

You don't come, you're clearly not there for the team improving. Yes, Julio and etc don't need it for themselves, but they greatly help the team. 

Sorry but you have some of the dumbest takes. Do you really think Belichick would have made this move if it was a real player ?

Yeah, let's give all of our players a roadmap on hitting free agency. Forget the cap hits, this guy didn't show up to mini camp cut him, and let him take our money and another teams money. Just the straight up dumbest **** ever.

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Who have we had that didn’t show up to mandatory camp? I’m sure Quinn would cut a fringe player like ASJ if they didn’t show up to mandatory camp as well. 

There's talks of Julio and grady not showing up. 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Sorry but you have some of the dumbest takes. Do you really think Belichick would have made this move if it was a real player ?

Yeah, let's give all of our players a roadmap on hitting free agency. Forget the cap hits, this guy didn't show up to mini camp cut him, and let him take our money and another teams money. Just the straight up dumbest **** ever.

He benched a starter in the super bowl. For not flying with the team out there. Or something like that...... And now everyone part of the team knows not to try him. 

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci
FalconsIn2020 likes this

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

This was a really new and inventive way to take another unwarranted jab at Julio Jones. I'm not even mad...that's amazing.

There's others. But read it as you see fit

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

The real punishment was letting him play in all 16 games (and 3 playoff games) so he could earn a great raise as a free agent. They really stuck it to him. I am sure the Titans brought up OTAs in his contract negotiations.

Technically it was against the CBA for Belichick to penalize for missing a voluntary part of the offseason

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

4 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

He benched a starter in the super bowl. For not flying with the team out there. Or something like that...... And now everyone part of the team knows not to try him. 

Benching a guy for a game is one thing, cutting a guy and **** the cap implications is a completely different thing.

For example, based on your original post that I responded to, if Grady doesn't show up for mandatory mini camp we should cut him. This is what you originally said, we should be tough and cut them no matter who they are, right ?

Ok, let's follow through on that insanity. Grady doesn't show up and we cut him, we've just thrown 15 million dollars of cap space and real money out the window. Grady signs with another team, possibly within our division, and we don't even get a comp. pick for losing him.

That is some of the stupidest stuff I've ever read on this board and that is saying something, because this place is a cesspit of stupid.

athell, Yo_Lover, shc and 1 other like this

15 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Benching a guy for a game is one thing, cutting a guy and **** the cap implications is a completely different thing.

For example, based on your original post that I responded to, if Grady doesn't show up for mandatory mini camp we should cut him. This is what you originally said, we should be tough and cut them no matter who they are, right ?

Ok, let's follow through on that insanity. Grady doesn't show up and we cut him, we've just thrown 15 million dollars of cap space and real money out the window. Grady signs with another team, possibly within our division, and we don't even get a comp. pick for losing him.

That is some of the stupidest stuff I've ever read on this board and that is saying something, because this place is a cesspit of stupid.

@mashburn*Fibonacci The man has a point.

athell and Yo_Lover like this

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Belichick wouldn't have cut Lawrence Taylor for missing ota and wouldn't cut Brady either

Truth..

Its funny how Belichick still speaks so fondly of Taylor, but Brady, the choir boy, the unquestioned GOAT, garners little affection from Bill.

youngbloodz likes this

19 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Sports fans are just typically stupid.

The fact that you, as a grown man, lets julio take up so much space in your head is beyond pathetic. Grow a set of balls ya little *****

athell and Yo_Lover like this

1 hour ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

He flew out with them. He was punished for partying the night before.

PokerSteve and athell like this

1 hour ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

There's talks of Julio and grady not showing up. 

Link? I've only seen Julio is coming and hopeful on Grady.

athell likes this

10 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I wish the Falcons were hard like this. I don't care if it's Julio, grady, Vic, trufant, hooper etc etc.

You don't come, you're clearly not there for the team improving. Yes, Julio and etc don't need it for themselves, but they greatly help the team. 

Riiiight, because, if Brady missed the first day of OTAs, Belichick would cut him too 

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

The fact that you, as a grown man, lets julio take up so much space in your head is beyond pathetic. Grow a set of balls ya little *****

What's up with getting so upset? And this isn't just about Julio. I listed everyones who a potential. 

1 hour ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Settle down and quit getting so emotional. Learn how to share without throwing a tissy tantrum..... You're better than that. 

No you don't cut them. But they need to stop just letting these guys do whatever they want. Because it's only teaching the rest to be like that. 

Furthermore butler out of the super bowl was worse than cutting for cap situations. Because they lost....... But guess what no one, who's apart of the Patriots, messes around anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

He flew out with them. He was punished for partying the night before.

And it cost them the game...

Yo_Lover likes this

Just now, vel said:

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

MANDATORY

Yeah. I even said that. And even added in that we have guys who haven't done it yet this season. But did in the past and are being talked about doing it again. 

2 minutes ago, athell said:

And it cost them the game...

They lost the battle but won the war. Because how many rings did they win after that? And you never seen anyone again being stupid to not flying out with the team and/or partying the night before.