jayu70

Taurean Prince Traded to Nets

105 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Kinda off topic but I’ve seen still shots of culver standing next to guys that are 6’8 and 6’10..Culver is def not 6’6 dude has to be at least 6’8 

Well he got measured at a hair under 6'7", so he's not.

It also sounds pretty straightforward that they're not going to trade up and will take Reddish still.

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Well he got measured at a hair under 6'7", so he's not.

It also sounds pretty straightforward that they're not going to trade up and will take Reddish still.

Any reason why you think Reddish makes it past the Bulls?

Pelicans - Zion

Grizz - Morant

Knicks - Barrett

Lakers - Garland

Cavs - Culver

Suns - White

Bulls will possibly be choosing between Reddish and Hunter.

Any particular reason they, or anybody else, doesn't take Reddish before us?

Edited by Beef

Have yall watched the playoffs the last few years at all? 

Center is almost a "meaningless" position. At least as far as needing anything more than a slightly above average body there. 

Clint Capella was getting played off the floor. Gobert was getting forced to play on the perimeter. Steven Adam's same thing. 

Embiid and Jokic were the only good big money Centers in the playoffs. 

Meanwhile you've got Looney and Bogut for the Warriors, mid-season traded Gasol, Lopez, and Bum *** Kanter/Collins doing just fine for teams. Even PJ Tucker and small ball made a bigger impact than Gobert and Capella. 

See the theme? 

All you need is a  "defensive" big that can move their feet and switch and rebound as well as pass on offense. 

Wasting assets on centers that can be easily found and replaced with late picks and random vets isn't the way things are done anymore. 

Dedmon/Len/random 2nd round big is more than enough at the center position to win a championship. 

We need wings in the worst way. We have a grand total of..... One.... That can play minutes in the playoffs right now. Huerter. MAYBE Bembry, but meh. 

If we pass on Grant Williams, Keldon Johnson or the like to take Bruno Fernando ima be pissed lol. 

Beef, jayu70 and CTann like this

Dwayne Dedmon would have been the 2nd best center in the last 2 rounds of the playoffs. 

Just pay the man and in a few years find another scrap big like Dedmon/Looney. Unless you can find a JJJ, what's the point? 

jayu70, blkbigdog35 and CTann like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I thought the same.  But an interview with Schlenk from a few months ago might have revealed his plan

"Not a lot of people know this: if we would've stayed at three we would've taken Luka. We had worked with his agent and he had did a physical for us that morning in New York. I was on the phone with Bill Duffy, his agent, telling him our press conference was gonna be Monday and Bill was ecstatic because Phoenix was gonna be there Friday and he had [DeAndre] Ayton so he was going to be able to do both press conferences.

"But then Dallas came in an hour or so before the draft. I had told them all along that it would take another lottery pick for us to slide back. That's when the conversations got started.

ADVERTISEMENT

"For us, what made it make sense was our analytic staff was predicting Dallas to finish eighth this year. Right now I think they're 10th. So I give those guys a lot of credit for being pretty on top of it. To be able to add two lottery picks this year with a player [that] ended up being Trae -- who we're extremely excited about and he's had a great rookie season -- that made sense to us.

"I've always taken the strategy with the draft, to use a baseball strategy: the more swings you get the more chances you have to get a hit. To be able to take one lottery pick and essentially turn it into two, that made sense to us."

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Actually it's yes way, and it's quite possible it's 4 picks (a trade with OKC might happen for another). Hawks don't believe in skipping steps and they believe this draft is very deep in talent that can play.

Welp, looks like I've been outgunned on this issue haha. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we try and move up for Culver though. 

And that's just a purely on court breakdown. 

If you talk Financials it's an even bigger issue. 

You can't pay big money(longterm)to a center with how our team is constructed/designed. Unless of course they're a freak who defends, shoots, and passes, like JJJ or AD.(Again, we've already got that guy and he's cheap lol) 

We're gonna have a lot of guys stacked together in a 2-3 year window that need to get paid. 

We've already got Trae and John who look to be max/near max. Kevin will take a chunk. 

So now you can either pay big money to a center who doesn't fit the playoff model or the wings you'll be drafting. 

To just use future projections with current players, would you want to get into a situation where you have to let a Kris Middleton go because you signed a Clint Capella who wasn't even a big factor when it mattered most? 

Look at the teams that pay big money to a center. They all have wing issues. Gobert and the Jazz. Adam's and OKCs disaster past George. Capella and the rockets wing depth. Embiid and the Sixers wing debth. 

It very quickly becomes a big problem unless you can continually hit on later round rookies who can make an impact for cheap. (Sixers traded away that guy in Shamet lol) 

It's so much easier to fill starter and depth spots for vet min or cheap at center than it is anywhere else. It shows with a lot of the best teams in the playoffs. 

20 minutes ago, WOR said:

Dwayne Dedmon would have been the 2nd best center in the last 2 rounds of the playoffs. 

Just pay the man. 

I'm down with this. He has averaged 10.4/7.7 over 2 seasons with us while shooting 50.7/37.2/79.9. That's pretty good for what we signed him to. Considering we have Len as well who isn't making much at all next season as well. 

Len is a bargain for the $4 million he is making next year. 

29 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Welp, looks like I've been outgunned on this issue haha. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we try and move up for Culver though. 

Doesn’t mean you are wrong.  We could move up for Culver and still have three 1st round picks. Picking 6th, 10th and 25th is feasible

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I think he taller than Huerter def not believing he’s 6’6 or even 6’7 for that matter 

Brah.  Huerter is taller than Vince Carter...

Image result for huerter vince carter

10 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I'm down with this. He has averaged 10.4/7.7 over 2 seasons with us while shooting 50.7/37.2/79.9. That's pretty good for what we signed him to. Considering we have Len as well who isn't making much at all next season as well. 

Len is a bargain for the $4 million he is making next year. 

Most definitely. Dedmon is criminally underrated by **** near everyone. He's fantastic offensively and holds up well on the other end. Outside of the star level centers, he's one of the best. 

And Len was a fantastic signing. His defense isn't as good, but he can at least defend the rim. And now he can shoot. He's our Brook Lopez. 

It absolutely sucks for big men these days, but theres just so many of them to go around that their value is just so minimal. 

We signed Dedmon and Len off the scrap heap and we have one of the better 1-2 center rotations in the league. That tells you all you need to know. 

WOR’s killing it. Everything he said makes a lot of sense with how successful teams are structured in today’s NBA. Playoff style basketball what it takes to win.

@WOR

Who are your wing preferences for the Hawks?

jidady likes this

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Brah.  Huerter is taller than Vince Carter...

Where did you read me say Huerter is shorter than 6’7 ? 

My point is there’s are pics of culver lined up against guys that are 6’10 and culver only looks 1 to 2 inches shorter than them. That’s what I’m saying.

1 hour ago, CTann said:

WOR’s killing it. Everything he said makes a lot of sense with how successful teams are structured in today’s NBA. Playoff style basketball what it takes to win.

@WOR

Who are your wing preferences for the Hawks?

I just spend far too much time listening to basketball podcasts lol. Cole Zwicker goes into it a lot on the Game Theory podcast. 

Preferences for all of them? 

Lotto(In order) Culver, drop off-Hunter, Steep drop off-Reddish/Little. 

Not lotto: Grant Williams, Nikeil Alexander Walker, Keldon Johnson, tie between Cam Johnson, Chuma Okeke, and Matisse Thybulle, Ty Jerome and Dylan Windler.

In order factoring their cost?

Culver, Hunter, Grant Williams, Walker, Reddish, Little, Okeke, Windler, Keldon, and then the rest is the same as above. 

CTann likes this

Edit: I guess throw Eric Paschall into the back end somewhere 

Also edit: If I can make Clarke a combo 3,4,and 5 throw him right behind Culver lol

CTann likes this

47 minutes ago, WOR said:

I just spend far too much time listening to basketball podcasts lol. Cole Zwicker goes into it a lot on the Game Theory podcast. 

Preferences for all of them? 

Lotto(In order) Culver, drop off-Hunter, Steep drop off-Reddish/Little. 

Not lotto: Grant Williams, Nikeil Alexander Walker, Keldon Johnson, tie between Cam Johnson, Chuma Okeke, and Matisse Thybulle, Ty Jerome and Dylan Windler.

In order factoring their cost?

Culver, Hunter, Grant Williams, Walker, Reddish, Little, Okeke, Windler, Keldon, and then the rest is the same as above. 

The little amount I’ve seen of NAW intrigues me I must say. He seems to be an excellent fit next to Trae, and could even take over as the primary distributor when Trae’s resting. For whatever reason, I have some feeling that people will look back on this draft & ask, “How did Nassir Little drop to _____ ?” Don’t know why, but something tells me that.

How do you feel about PJ Washington?

3 hours ago, CTann said:

The little amount I’ve seen of NAW intrigues me I must say. He seems to be an excellent fit next to Trae, and could even take over as the primary distributor when Trae’s resting. For whatever reason, I have some feeling that people will look back on this draft & ask, “How did Nassir Little drop to _____ ?” Don’t know why, but something tells me that.

How do you feel about PJ Washington?

Ima big fan of PJ. 

I think he will go in between 10 and 17 though. 

Heat could really use him. 

CTann likes this

4 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Where did you read me say Huerter is shorter than 6’7 ? 

My point is there’s are pics of culver lined up against guys that are 6’10 and culver only looks 1 to 2 inches shorter than them. That’s what I’m saying.

Huerter can play the 3.  Thats the ONLY point I wanna make.  If the Hawks draft Culver they can move Huerter to the three.

Macknsweetjones likes this

A fun TP stat the I forgot after the season..... 

His rebounding % was the same as.... Jaylen Adam's. 

Yes. That tiny little backup PG Jaylen Adams.

#BootyCheeks

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Huerter can play the 3.  Thats the ONLY point I wanna make.  If the Hawks draft Culver they can move Huerter to the three.

Hopping in to a convo I have not followed at all lol. 

But for Huerter/Culver I think Culver would be the better SF. 

He's much more agressive/physical. I've had enough of having a SF that doesn't rebound lol. 

8 hours ago, WOR said:

Just pay the man and in a few years find another scrap big like Dedmon/Looney. Unless you can find a JJJ, what's the point? 

Meh. We seem to be the Center/Big Man 3 point whisperer. Neither Dedmon or Len were 3 point shooters prior to joining the hawks and are now shooting above 36% from 3 on an average of 4.8 per 36. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

10 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Meh. We seem to be the Center/Big Man 3 point whisperer. Neither Dedmon or Len were 3 point shooters prior to joining the hawks and are now shooting above 36% from 3 on an average of 4.8 per 36. 

Not all Cs have the ability to extend their range....see Howard, Dwight when he was in Atlanta.

Just now, jayu70 said:

Not all Cs have the ability to extend their range....see Howard, Dwight when he was in Atlanta.

Dwight move always seemed more about getting butts in seats than about fit or ability. Ressler in the earlier years of his ownership was more about making money than building a championship contender. He really hampered our growth. Bud wanted to trade Millsap and tank sooner, but Ressler overruled him. 

Also Collins wasn't a 3 point shooter in College. I trust our FO to find diamonds. 

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

Dwight move always seemed more about getting butts in seats than about fit or ability. Ressler in the earlier years of his ownership was more about making money than building a championship contender. He really hampered our growth. Bud wanted to trade Millsap and tank sooner, but Ressler overruled him. 

Also Collins wasn't a 3 point shooter in College. I trust our FO to find diamonds. 

That's true but when you look at hid midrange form.and his freethrow form you see the possibilities.

Just now, jayu70 said:

That's true but when you look at hid midrange form.and his freethrow form you see the possibilities.

Which is what I expect our FO to continue to do. They know what they are looking for. 

I know 17th pick is a little high for him, but

We have to end the night with Huerter 2.0, I think he is better than Huerter.

It would be a criminal to have two Redhead long range shooters with Trae on the court at the same time 42.9 3Pt%

C BRUNO FERNANDO is #23 for Maryland

m2Falcons likes this