jayu70

Taurean Prince Traded to Nets

105 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

One theory on the street is Schlenk is gearing up to go after Klay on a max deal. He definitely would be worth it but I believe Vooch could help us more for the same money. I know he's in the second tier but I think he's up and coming. Still fairly young too. We got people in this very thread saying we need to re-sign freakin Deadmen, go with a mid round draft pick, or count on Len who got his as handed to him.

I'd be going after AD in a trade or Vooch in free agency this year. Center is a big hole on this team. So are the three and back up point positions. Sign Vooch this year, keep the picks and stock up on young guys in the next couple drafts. Just in time to shed Baze, Plumlee and Crabbe's contracts. That's another max guy. With our 2021 picks intact. We could start winning now and still keep building the roster.

I have no interest in Vooch at $32.7 mill that's his max, even at $25 I'd pass....bad money. Guys like Steven Adams, Whiteside making $25+ mil....all in the same boat.

Dedmon will cost at most $10-$12 million.

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, UGABOZ said:

he was a wasted top 20  pic, yall loved on here as I said he was a bench player and got blasted for it

:huh: who Baze? Baze was undrafted.

1 hour ago, iDash said:

Keep all the picks,

Nos. 8, 10, 17, 35, 41 and 44

WTF- We only have three future players Trae, Huerter and Collins!

We won like 30 games,

acting like we have a F'in team already :(

Plus, we got the new nba g league team!

Anyway,

8. Cam Reddish, SG, Duke(BPA)

10.Nassir Little, SF, North Carolina(Upgraded Prince)

17.Dylan Windler, SG/SF, Belmont(Best Shooter in Draft)

Red headed, (Left handed) Windler- SF when Little needs a break-plays on the left side!

Red headed,(Right handed) Kevin Huerter on the right side and lil Trae in the middle!

2Reds.jpg

One of Little & Reddish will ultimately reach their top 3 potential.  It’s a clever hedge

17 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

Lol we got a ton of draft pics, should be looking to move him for anything, he is wasted space 

Schlenk is using teams trying to dump expiring contracts to gain assets.   If Hawks aren’t going for it in free agency now, we can suck up those bad contracts for future assets.   It’s a great strategy 

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Schlenk is using teams trying to dump expiring contracts to gain assets.   If Hawks aren’t going for it in free agency now, we can suck up those bad contracts for future assets.   It’s a great strategy 

Playing chess...looking 5 years down the road.

13 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Playing chess...looking 5 years down the road.

Not 5yrs....but 2-3yrs - sure.

We can start making big moves as soon as 2020 - if they are there to be made.

Champford, FalconsIn2012 and Spts1 like this

Still a good chance we try to trade some of our 2nd round picks to move into the back of the 1st. 

We could very well end up with 4 first round picks this draft.

I don’t think Schlenk is done. He’s already said several times publicly that he doesn’t intend to make 5 picks this draft.

g-dawg likes this

30 minutes ago, Beef said:

Still a good chance we try to trade some of our 2nd round picks to move into the back of the 1st. 

We could very well end up with 4 first round picks this draft.

I don’t think Schlenk is done. He’s already said several times publicly that he doesn’t intend to make 5 picks this draft.

I think Schlenk probably wants more picks for 2020 and will bounce at least one first rounder this year for another next year in maybe a  deeper draft.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Schlenk isn't making moves now for max players now.  He knows it is too soon.   Gathering assets.

We had a long back and forth conversation in which i told you Travis wasnt gonna sign a max and you kept arguing me down about that... 

My bad, it was Jayou or whatever his name is.  The op of this thread...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

5 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Good deal.

I think we combine #10 and #17 to move up. Keep #8

I told you Travis isn't signing a max but you argued against that HARD....

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

this could be the master plan.

Hawks for 2019 now have #8, #10, #17 and three 2nd round picks.

Hawks for 2020 now have their 1st rd pick, Cavs pick(is it still a 1st next year?), Nets pick (top 14 protected) plus 2nd round pick or picks.

This is my guess for now as to what happens - for 2019:

1) Hawks trade #8 and #17 to Cavs - so on draft night Cavs select Jarrett Culver who conveys to Hawks.

2) Hawks trade back from #10 into the late teens or 20's and get another 1st round pick back in the deal for 2020 - say Top 14 protected.

3) Hawks take a Big Man with the pick in late teens/early 20's.

Now for 2020 - Hawks potentially have FOUR 1st round picks - theirs, Cavs(? - from earlier/not 2019), Nets(top 14 protected) and from the team that we trade down from #10.

Also in 2020 - Hawks have expired out contracts on Baze, Plumlee, Len and Crabbe - leaving us with gobs of money and draft picks for 2020 or defer to 2021.   Now, the Hawks can keep finagling it in 2020 or 2021 to decide when to cash in for a superstar - all while adding other young assets in the draft.

I agree with the Culver part. Don't know what they are gonna do with the other picks.  Culver is the pick.  Moving Prince backs up my theory that they move Huerter to the 3 and select Culver. 

Edited by slickgadawg

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Travis is doing better than Ferry and thats hard to do...

22 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

We had a long back and forth conversation in which i told you Travis wasnt gonna sign a max and you kept arguing me down about that... 

My bad, it was Jayou or whatever his name is.  The op of this thread...:lol:

Yeah that wasn’t me.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Look to be building just like the Warriors did, through the draft.  Need to add a snipper next to Trae

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I agree with the Culver part. Don't know what they are gonna do with the other picks.  Culver is the pick.  Moving Prince backs up my theory that they move Huerter to the 3 and select Culver. 

Kinda off topic but I’ve seen still shots of culver standing next to guys that are 6’8 and 6’10..Culver is def not 6’6 dude has to be at least 6’8 

Spts1 likes this

8 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I have no interest in Vooch at $32.7 mill that's his max, even at $25 I'd pass....bad money. Guys like Steven Adams, Whiteside making $25+ mil....all in the same boat.

Dedmon will cost at most $10-$12 million.

I do. What's your plan for the center spot? Deadmen? Len? Bol? Hayes? Bruno? He's better than all of them. If we can't get Embiid, AD or Towns he's probably the best option. 

6 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I told you Travis isn't signing a max but you argued against that HARD....

Exactly what I wrote (my very 1st line):

On 6/1/2019 at 6:08 PM, jayu70 said:

There is no guarantee that they will sign a FA max.

There are few players worthy of a max contract. If one of KD, Klay or Kawhi wanted/showed interest in the Hawks - I have no doubt that TS would sign them to a max deal.

As I've noted, guys like Khris Middleton, Tobias Harris , Vucevic etc., I wouldn't offer them the max.

If Collins and Trae continue their trajectory, they will be the ones signing max deals when they are eligible.

Then you rambled on about them not ever signing a max player  - I gave you Joe Johnson.

Then you said we weren't even in ANY RUMORS....I gave you 2 examples.

However,  you interpret that information is on you.

Besides, it's the first of many dominoes to fall, draft and FA still to come. As I've also said still many moving parts with options for different directions.

Spts1 and g-dawg like this

4 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Kinda off topic but I’ve seen still shots of culver standing next to guys that are 6’8 and 6’10..Culver is def not 6’6 dude has to be at least 6’8 

Both he and huerter are taller than the typical shooting guard...

Great deal for the Hawks. The Hawks must know either by design or by reality they aren't signing any max players this summer and Prince is JAG in the NBA. 

g-dawg likes this

I still think Schlenk is sticking to the plan he laid out before last year’s draft.  Finish the new arena makeover, build a locker room and practice facility that players will take pride in, then build through the draft for at least two seasons, wait for big contracts to expire all at once, and then go after some big names in FA.

He pretty much told us all publicly that he doesn’t intend to sign any FA’s until after 2019-20 season.

I’m not sure if he did the Prince deal and picked up #17 because he’s trying to create a package and move up.  It’s certainly more likely now that this is the case. I am certain that he wants two top-10 picks this draft, though. His and Koonin’s multiple interviews on the radio have essentially confirmed this as their biggest desire. 

That said, they may very well do nothing and simply pick at 8, 10, and 17 too.

With Prince gone and Baze, Plumlee, and Len contracts expiring after this season, we have A LOT of holes to fill.

I like Prince, but it's hard to say no to this deal, for both sides. 

No way we make picks at 8, 10, and 17. We've got something up our sleeves. 

jayu70 likes this

50 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I thought the same.  But an interview with Schlenk from a few months ago might have revealed his plan

"Not a lot of people know this: if we would've stayed at three we would've taken Luka. We had worked with his agent and he had did a physical for us that morning in New York. I was on the phone with Bill Duffy, his agent, telling him our press conference was gonna be Monday and Bill was ecstatic because Phoenix was gonna be there Friday and he had [DeAndre] Ayton so he was going to be able to do both press conferences.

"But then Dallas came in an hour or so before the draft. I had told them all along that it would take another lottery pick for us to slide back. That's when the conversations got started.

ADVERTISEMENT

"For us, what made it make sense was our analytic staff was predicting Dallas to finish eighth this year. Right now I think they're 10th. So I give those guys a lot of credit for being pretty on top of it. To be able to add two lottery picks this year with a player [that] ended up being Trae -- who we're extremely excited about and he's had a great rookie season -- that made sense to us.

"I've always taken the strategy with the draft, to use a baseball strategy: the more swings you get the more chances you have to get a hit. To be able to take one lottery pick and essentially turn it into two, that made sense to us."

Beef and jayu70 like this

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Both he and huerter are taller than the typical shooting guard...

I think he taller than Huerter def not believing he’s 6’6 or even 6’7 for that matter 

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Actually it's yes way, and it's quite possible it's 4 picks (a trade with OKC might happen for another). Hawks don't believe in skipping steps and they believe this draft is very deep in talent that can play.