jayu70

Taurean Prince Traded to Nets

105 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

see my example above on what I think the Hawks are doing - you are playing checkers while Schlenk is playing three dimensional chess.  It's not about 2019 per se - it's about trying to setup the Hawks to peak when other teams like Golden State are dipping.   It's about having tons of draft assets and cap space in 2020/2021 seasons when Collins/Trae are peaking.  All of these superstars in the game now keep opting out every other year anyway.

Signing 1-2 very good - not superstar great -- free agents now just locks you into that #4-8 seed mediocrity that Hawks were in for two decades.   

Here is the pool of top free agents that might hit the market over the next three years:

• 2019 - Kawhi, Durant, Kyrie, Klay, Vooch
  • 2020 - AD, DeRozan, Drummond, Ibaka
  • 2021 - Giannis, Lillard, McCollum, Beal

Looks to me like this is the year to sign the max guy. Would stil potentially have six firsts in the next two drafts, plus shed a ton of salary next year. Or maybe ship four firsts, three seconds, Baze and Plumlee to the Pelicans for AD. You can probably forget about Giannis in 2021.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think both maybe.  We have THREE.

They have something in play.  The last thing they needed was more draft capital.  I suspect we end up making 3 picks on draft day

43 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

this could be the master plan.

Hawks for 2019 now have #8, #10, #17 and three 2nd round picks.

Hawks for 2020 now have their 1st rd pick, Cavs pick(is it still a 1st next year?), Nets pick (top 14 protected) plus 2nd round pick or picks.

This is my guess for now as to what happens - for 2019:

1) Hawks trade #8 and #17 to Cavs - so on draft night Cavs select Jarrett Culver who conveys to Hawks.

2) Hawks trade back from #10 into the late teens or 20's and get another 1st round pick back in the deal for 2020 - say Top 14 protected.

3) Hawks take a Big Man with the pick in late teens/early 20's.

Now for 2020 - Hawks potentially have FOUR 1st round picks - theirs, Cavs(? - from earlier/not 2019), Nets(top 14 protected) and from the team that we trade down from #10.

Also in 2020 - Hawks have expired out contracts on Baze, Plumlee, Len and Crabbe - leaving us with gobs of money and draft picks for 2020 or defer to 2021.   Now, the Hawks can keep finagling it in 2020 or 2021 to decide when to cash in for a superstar - all while adding other young assets in the draft.

Shoot, another solid draft and they may not need to hit FA for a max player...lol.  We have two stars, add another this year by getting Culver or Hunter and add a rim protector.  This team’s trajectory is straight up

Spts1 likes this

Keep all the picks,

Nos. 8, 10, 17, 35, 41 and 44

WTF- We only have three future players Trae, Huerter and Collins!

We won like 30 games,

acting like we have a F'in team already :(

Plus, we got the new nba g league team!

Anyway,

8. Cam Reddish, SG, Duke(BPA)

10.Nassir Little, SF, North Carolina(Upgraded Prince)

17.Dylan Windler, SG/SF, Belmont(Best Shooter in Draft)

Red headed, (Left handed) Windler- SF when Little needs a break-plays on the left side!

Red headed,(Right handed) Kevin Huerter on the right side and lil Trae in the middle!

thofin21 likes this

18 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Here is the pool of top free agents that might hit the market over the next three years:

Looks to me like this is the year to sign the max guy. Would stil potentially have six firsts in the next two drafts, plus shed a ton of salary next year. Or maybe ship four firsts, three seconds, Baze and Plumlee to the Pelicans for AD. You can probably forget about Giannis in 2021.

What about RFAs? What about guys requesting trades. 

If we aren't getting KD, Kawhi, Klay....I have no interest in paying the Vooches and Middleton's $25+, $30+ mil for 4 years. 

As Schlenk said it's hard to recover from those financial mistakes, easier to recover from making a bad pick.  Now Schlenk has mutiple chances at picks in 2019 and now 2020.

3 minutes ago, iDash said:

Keep the picks,

WTF- We only have three future players Trae, Huerter and Collins!

We won like 30 games,

acting like we have a F'in team already :(

Anyway,

8. Cam Reddish, SG, Duke(BPA)

10.Nassir Little, SF, North Carolina(Upgraded Prince)

17.Dylan Windler, SG/SF, Belmont(Best Shooter in Draft)

Red headed, (Left handed) Windler- SF when Little needs a break-plays on the left side!

Red headed,(Right handed) Kevin Huerter on the right side and lil Trae in the middle!

2Reds.jpg

If we keep the 3 picks, one will be a Center.

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, jayu70 said:

If we keep the 3 picks, one will be a Center.

We are keeping Centers Dewayne Dedmon and my fav Alex Len for a few years

We just lost our SF though!

4 minutes ago, iDash said:

We are keeping Centers Dewayne Dedmon and my fav Alex Len for a few years

We just lost our SF though!

We are interested in resigning Dedmon, but before the draft there is no gurantee that he will, so there are Centers available at #17 to groom.

10 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

We are interested in resigning Dedmon, but before the draft there is no gurantee that he will, so there are Centers available at #17 to groom.

We could take BRUNO FERNANDO if he falls to 17,

maybe,

he has a lot of turnovers,

like every game,

but I dont like the others around 17 though

39 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

players have ALL THE POWER - you need to be realistic - "build it and they will come" - it is highly improbable thtat you are getting Kawhi, Durant or Klay this year - HIGHLY IMPROBABLE.   Sure, if you can get any of those guys you do it, I just don't see it - not now.   Most of these guys want to sign these "opt out" deals all the time so just because you look at the 2019 guys and say to yourself - hey, these guys won't be available in 2020 or 2021 - you don't really know that.

of the list you show in 2019 - we don't need Kyrie, Vooch doesn't belong in that category and I don't see Hawks being interested in him.  If you cannot get Kawhi, KD or Klay - don't bother.   You would build the Hawks into a "good team" that could never win the Title.   Not interested.   Better to have the "dream" of winning it all than the reality of being bounced in 2nd or 3rd round of the Eastern Conference every year.

jayu70 and FalconsIn2012 like this

Just now, UGABOZ said:

when can we get rid of baze

He'll probably start at SF, now

5 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

when can we get rid of baze

next season is his last year - then his contract expires and he is gone - along w/ Alex Len and also the guy we just got from Brooklynn - Crabbe.

$53mm in salary gone.

jayu70 likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

next season is his last year - then his contract expires and he is gone - along w/ Alex Len and also the guy we just got from Brooklynn - Crabbe.

$53mm in salary gone.

I understand that but we can get rid of him of we wanted to

5 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

To get rid of a bad contract you have to give up assets aka “draft picks” - why would we do that?

one year and he’s gone.   Would be a dumb move to trade him and lose assets.   

FalconsIn2012 likes this

13 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

To get rid of a bad contract you have to give up assets aka “draft picks” - why would we do that?

We can buy him out, we'll still have to pay him but see if he'll give back some money and he can look elsewhere.

Not using assets to dump him though.

g-dawg likes this

Lol we got a ton of draft pics, should be looking to move him for anything, he is wasted space 

We can buy him out, we'll still have to pay him but see if he'll give back some money and he can look elsewhere.

Not using assets to dump him though.

he will get money no matter what that 3 75 mill was a joke, get him out of atl

players have ALL THE POWER - you need to be realistic - "build it and they will come" - it is highly improbable thtat you are getting Kawhi, Durant or Klay this year - HIGHLY IMPROBABLE.   Sure, if you can get any of those guys you do it, I just don't see it - not now.   Most of these guys want to sign these "opt out" deals all the time so just because you look at the 2019 guys and say to yourself - hey, these guys won't be available in 2020 or 2021 - you don't really know that.

of the list you show in 2019 - we don't need Kyrie, Vooch doesn't belong in that category and I don't see Hawks being interested in him.  If you cannot get Kawhi, KD or Klay - don't bother.   You would build the Hawks into a "good team" that could never win the Title.   Not interested.   Better to have the "dream" of winning it all than the reality of being bounced in 2nd or 3rd round of the Eastern Conference every year.

One theory on the street is Schlenk is gearing up to go after Klay on a max deal. He definitely would be worth it but I believe Vooch could help us more for the same money. I know he's in the second tier but I think he's up and coming. Still fairly young too. We got people in this very thread saying we need to re-sign freakin Deadmen, go with a mid round draft pick, or count on Len who got his as handed to him.

I'd be going after AD in a trade or Vooch in free agency this year. Center is a big hole on this team. So are the three and back up point positions. Sign Vooch this year, keep the picks and stock up on young guys in the next couple drafts. Just in time to shed Baze, Plumlee and Crabbe's contracts. That's another max guy. With our 2021 picks intact. We could start winning now and still keep building the roster.

3 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

Lol we got a ton of draft pics, should be looking to move him for anything, he is wasted space 

No need to waste draft capital when we need them for the rebuild. It's a waste of a good asset.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

One theory on the street is Schlenk is gearing up to go after Klay on a max deal. He definitely would be worth it but I believe Vooch could help us more for the same money. I know he's in the second tier but I think he's up and coming. Still fairly young too. We got people in this very thread saying we need to re-sign freakin Deadmen, go with a mid round draft pick, or count on Len who got his as handed to him.

I'd be going after AD in a trade or Vooch in free agency this year. Center is a big hole on this team. So are the three and back up point positions. Sign Vooch this year, keep the picks and stock up on young guys in the next couple drafts. Just in time to shed Baze, Plumlee and Crabbe's contracts. That's another max guy. With our 2021 picks intact. We could start winning now and still keep building the roster.

Yea,

for sure,

he will go after Klay very hard!

I hope Klay will take the money and then play with Trae.

AD probably wouldnt sign with us, even if we got him.

Sucks, even though his eyebrows look like a flying hawk!

No need to waste draft capital when we need them for the rebuild. It's a waste of a good asset.

he was a wasted top 20  pic, yall loved on here as I said he was a bench player and got blasted for it

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

$53mm in salary gone.

Plus Plumlee which is another $12.5M.