GMFB Best WR Contest Rd 3. : Julio vs Hopkins

Julio's Yards and YPR are simply better, period.

And he's done it while having 2-3 real other receiving options on every play with him, and while almost always getting double-teamed.

Hopkins has been the only target for like 6 different QB's and still doesn't have the yards or YPR of Julio.

TD's are the only reason Hopkins is getting votes, and that's because he puts up more fantasy points on average.

Julio has put up THREE 250+ yard games and one 300 yard game in his career.  Hopkins doesn't have a single one.

Hopkins also has a 5% lower catch rate.

There's no freaking way Hopkins should win this, but he likely will.

Seriously, this is boiling down to fantasy points.  Which is why this poll is dumb.

Edited by Beef

1 hour ago, Beef said:

And he's done it while having 2-3 real other receiving options on every play with him, and while almost always getting double-teamed.

Hopkins has been the only target for like 6 different QB's and still doesn't have the yards or YPR of Julio.

TD's are the only reason Hopkins is getting votes, and that's because he puts up more fantasy points on average.

Julio has put up THREE 250+ yard games and one 300 yard game in his career.  Hopkins doesn't have a single one.

Seriously, this is boiling down to fantasy points.  Which is why this poll is dumb.

Hopkins was so garbage in 2016. I’ll always have a personal vendetta against him for having him on my fantasy team. Dude was garbage and I couldn’t even drop him because he was a roster lock. 

I saw a Saints fan try throwing in Michael Thomas to supersede Julio vs Hopkins round.  LOL. Was talking about how MT is better over his first 47 games than Julio was, but when you look overall, Julio outside of his first 2 years he has never averaged less than 90 yards per game, yet MT has never averaged more than 87 yards per, and that was last year.  MT is a good player don't get me wrong, but he is not in the realm of Julio, very few are.  He makes his money off high targets, high receptions, and low averages.  So it's like a QB throwing the ball more can get more yards because he has more quantity.  Julio may not get the TDs that Thomas does, but he gets more yards and gets them on fewer catches.  PLUS, very few make Jet catches as the near impossible ones JJ makes on any given day.  Someone also pointed out that even if Julio isn't getting touches and TDs then SOMEONE on the field is.  Whether it was White, Gonzo, Freeman, Douglas, Sanu, or Ridley....Julio was either tearing you apart, or he was causing you to focus so much that someone else as.  I just don't see that in MT.  Brees distributes all over so you're gonna get more man coverage because no one on  that team outside of Kamara can be such a headache that half the field is double covered. Silly AINTS

6 hours ago, Beef said:

I thought this ended the thread