Did McCoy make Tampa a contender?

21 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

This isn't just a reply to the obvious thread here, but more so a reply to all these media reporters/articles acting like panthers are locked down as #1 now. 

The Panthers were like 7-2 last year until Cam got injured and were 15-1 and in the super bowl in 2015. The Buccaneers haven't been to the playoffs since 07 so you can't really compare the two. I admit I think 2015 Panthers were a fluke but they must have convinced Gerald McCoy that they are a contender because he said he wanted to play for a contender.

38 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Nope. He's a good player. But not where he can turn the panthers around. 

...... OK we now can lock this thread. :tiphat:

You realize he's in an entirely different situation in Carolina with different talent around him right? He had basically no one on the defensive line to help him. Now he's got several quality players and one of the best linebackers in the game behind him. Just because he didn't make Tampa Bay relevant doesn't mean he won't Carolina. 

Calvin Johnson didn't make Detroit relevant but you'd be ****ting your pants if he went to the Saints. 

33 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

This isn't just a reply to the obvious thread here, but more so a reply to all these media reporters/articles acting like panthers are locked down as #1 now. 

Yeah I’m sure the authors of “all these” articles will see this rebuttal post on the Falcons message board and realize how wrong they are making the Panthers “#1”. BTW, can you direct me to one such article? Or is it more likely this is a straw man argument being made?

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Panthers were like 7-2 last year until Cam got injured and were 15-1 and in the super bowl in 2015. The Buccaneers haven't been to the playoffs since 07 so you can't really compare the two. I admit I think 2015 Panthers were a fluke but they must have convinced Gerald McCoy that they are a contender because he said he wanted to play for a contender.

1. Falcons in the super bowl in 2016. Abs we know that didn't mean anything anymore. So panthers in 2015 doesn't mean Jack. 

2. Cam getting hurt was at the end of season. He only missed 2 games

3, no need to reply anymore. 

23 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

You realize he's in an entirely different situation in Carolina with different talent around him right? He had basically no one on the defensive line to help him. Now he's got several quality players and one of the best linebackers in the game behind him. Just because he didn't make Tampa Bay relevant doesn't mean he won't Carolina. 

Calvin Johnson didn't make Detroit relevant but you'd be ****ting your pants if he went to the Saints. 

Did you really say Luke was one of the best? I assume you're mraning like 5 years ago and only when he was healthy. 

How are you comparing saints to the panthers? Naw is not like that bro. Not at all. 

And what are you adding he had no one around him? He had vita vea, jpp, and curry as LB (just side you mentioned Luke)...... That's scarier than what the panthers have. 

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Charlotte is a nicer city to live in than Baltimore. Maybe McCoy wants revenge on the Bucs.

8 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Did you really say Luke was one of the best? I assume you're mraning like 5 years ago and only when he was healthy. 

How are you comparing saints to the panthers? Naw is not like that bro. Not at all. 

And what are you adding he had no one around him? He had vita vea, jpp, and curry as LB (just side you mentioned Luke)...... That's scarier than what the panthers have. 

And here I thought you watched football. 

In the last decade (that's ten years for you government schooled kids) the Bucs are 55-105. Easily one of the lousiest records in the NFL.   Yet every year about this time we hear how frightened we should all be of Tampa Bay. 

I'll believe they're any good when they actually do something besides lose. 

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Charlotte is a nicer city to live in than Baltimore. Maybe McCoy wants revenge on the Bucs.

He could have lived in a nice city in Atlanta and gotten revenge. I guess McCoy would have had to wait until June 15 or maybe longer to sign with Atlanta because we still have to restructure Grady and Julio. 

8 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

@mashburn*Fibonacci You good? Just checking on you, bro. Still praying for you.

Started getting better of how I felt personally. but then a whack eye doctor started throwing me in crazy direction. I have been checked for Alzhmiers, which those doctors didn't even see because they knew I didn't have it just based upon talking to me and my MRI. Then I was checked crazy hard over my heart (found out I was in crazy good health, specially with not working out). and then that same quack eye doctor then said I needed to have a EMG (needle test) for my eye to do surgery for my lazy eye. Well now I am bering seen for Myasthenia, which everyone I talk to tells me I do not have it or it is crazy mild...... So after I talk to the myasthenia doctor, and they confirm this eye doctor is freaking stupid. I will just go to a new eye doctor for a second opinion on my lazy eye. 

I guess the best thing is that I have made moves to where my will be fully taken care of, and even just bought a house on lake Sinclair so she can always have a beautiful view. Because I have no idea if any doctor will be onto something or they are wasting my time. <<<----- I hate saying it like that. but you just never know. So I am staying positive and just planning for the worse. 

.... So when people ask why I am flipping hard on someone more than I usually do. Well it's because I am pissed. 

2 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

you do not want to open those can of worms with me. Because I'll point to Julio playing hurt and how he should not get the contract he is after....... Again lets not go there. 

Julio is a lot tougher than Cam when it comes to taking pain. Julio is like a WW2 vet or something.

6 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Nope Cam played hurt most of the season...not two games

2rh2xpi.jpg

mh7pyp.jpg

Team Pressure rate (rank) DVOA with pressure (rank) DVOA no pressure (rank)
2016 Bucs 24.7% (25) -89.2% (2) 24.2% (8)
2016 average 27.1% -60.3% 33.5%
2015 Bucs 24.4% (23) -64.3% (20) 47.0% (28)
2015 average 25.6% -67.3% 35.5%
Source: Football Outsiders    

First off we can't act like Winston is garbage all the time. Second of all Cam put up good numbers (no he did not put up his SB season numbers, but now way could he have gotten there even if not injured). 

Furthermore here is the Defense pressure for 2015. which was one of their best before Mike Smith. they are now ranked 14. So anyhow, at that time you have a QB who puts up #'s like Cam newton, and you have a deffense that is on par with the current panthers defense........ yeah, all this just proves they are not going to be a contender.

I am providing facts vs to you and these reporters who are just wishful thinking that a stud player means the team is now a SB team. 

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

27 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Julio is a lot tougher than Cam when it comes to taking pain. Julio is like a WW2 vet or something.

looks like cam put up similar number per game like he usualy does. In fact his numbers show he had tha edge when you see it was 14 games he put up those # vs 16 for all the other seasons.

So you are not proving anything with talking about Cam.