VTCrunkler

POLL @ D Orlando Ledbetter

How would you rate D-LED's career covering the Falcons?   202 members have voted

1. 1. How well does D. Orlando Ledbetter perform as his position of a beat writer for the Falcons?

• He does a fantastic job.
    • Hes o.k.
    • The AJC could do better.
    • He's terrible at his job.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

This has been a topic of discussion lately.  Ive heard various comments, mostly negative.  Some are positive though.  I saw a videos of him with breaking down players with Dave Choate at the Falcoholic.  He seemed ok then.  

Is he good, bad, average, terrible as a beat writer covering the Falcons for the AJC.

The problem is he's not the worst, he's just apathetic towards the team in general and is soft. His feelings get hurt so quickly and he makes it a personal vendetta. It's childish. Like wanting Gurley over Vic then dragging it on forever as if the Falcons didn't have a Pro Bowl RB themselves. Now with his behavior with McGary and Takk, it's annoying and unbecoming of a beat writer for a specific team. Even if he isn't a fan of the Falcons, he's got a job to do. 

21 minutes ago, vel said:

The problem is he's not the worst, he's just apathetic towards the team in general and is soft. His feelings get hurt so quickly and he makes it a personal vendetta. It's childish. Like wanting Gurley over Vic then dragging it on forever as if the Falcons didn't have a Pro Bowl RB themselves. Now with his behavior with McGary and Takk, it's annoying and unbecoming of a beat writer for a specific team. Even if he isn't a fan of the Falcons, he's got a job to do. 

Yeah, the Gurley thing is probably an equal example to this McGary stunt that D. Orlando Ledbetter pulled.   Ledbetter went on and on about Falcons taking Vic Beasley over Todd Gurley.

Again, the beatwriter is supposed to be - "who, what, when, where" - but even if he was a columnist - when does this "my evaluation is better than Thomas Dimitroff on picking players" - where does that end?    

of course we all have opinions and D-Led can have his own - but join a messageboard and be like one of us armchair GMs to share those opinions - don't use your platform as a beatwriter.      D-Led's not smart enough nor does he articulate his thoughts well enough to pull that off.

D-Led is just very child-like on a level that you just don't see from other beatwriters that cover professional sports in a major city.

1 hour ago, vel said:

Well put. Sums up how I feel about him. Not the worst but not professional acting either. 

53 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, the Gurley thing is probably an equal example to this McGary stunt that D. Orlando Ledbetter pulled.   Ledbetter went on and on about Falcons taking Vic Beasley over Todd Gurley.

Again, the beatwriter is supposed to be - "who, what, when, where" - but even if he was a columnist - when does this "my evaluation is better than Thomas Dimitroff on picking players" - where does that end?    

of course we all have opinions and D-Led can have his own - but join a messageboard and be like one of us armchair GMs to share those opinions - don't use your platform as a beatwriter.      D-Led's not smart enough nor does he articulate his thoughts well enough to pull that off.

D-Led is just very child-like on a level that you just don't see from other beatwriters that cover professional sports in a major city.

Is Dled and FF1970 the same person?  Jk

d led has a major platform. And he’s just not professional acting in some ways.  

I'm not voting, I feel a little bit sorry for him. I think he tries really hard.

Anyone have a video of those time's where Mike smith says Daryl? That's the only thing I ever liked about the incompetent Bedwetter. 

This is just creepy at this point. People are obsessing over this guy and it's beyond weird. Emotionally invested until you create an online poll?!?! 

:lol::lol::rolleyes:

Pathetic.

Spts1 likes this

9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He sounds like the palace eunuch when he speaks.

And he ain't the right kind of eunuch either, at least lord Varys is eloquent and well spoken. This dude sounds like he got punched in the face repeatedly by Mike Tyson until his brain got faded into Bolivian. 

vitaman and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

Posted (edited)

I think AJC could do better but I wouldnt go as far as degrading the man. I have seen comments calling him mentally challenged on this board and thats messed up. 

Edited by UniteandConquer
Emmitt and VTCrunkler like this

4 minutes ago, UniteandConquer said:

I think AJC could do better but I wouldnt go as far as degrading the man. I have seen comments calling him mentally challenged on this board and thats messed up. 

He trolls our players on purpose and tries to undermine the morale of the team. I think he does ok sometimes covering the falcons, but he is literally sometimes asking to be flamed.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

This is just creepy at this point. People are obsessing over this guy and it's beyond weird. Emotionally invested until you create an online poll?!?! 

Pathetic.

MAYBE theres a reason the football gods have never let the Falcons ever win a Superbowl... I mean, they did the odds on 28-3 and it was impossible...

Image result for revelation gif

Edited by slickgadawg
Bunchy Carter likes this

He’s awful & so is the AJC.  

LOL 91% agree we deserve much much better. 

Our team & fans should demand a much higher standard.  

Both the AJC & Ledbetter are part of the same low standard so I just include them together as substandard, unprofessional failures who are never held accountable for their horrible work.  

This isn’t being mean spirited, it’s being honest about their poor quality of work.  It’s extremely dull & unfulfilling.

Osiruz, VTCrunkler, Emmitt and 2 others like this

10 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Pathetic.

Not even close. We deserve much better.  I think folks in Atlanta aren’t doing enough complaining because this guy & the AJC are not being held to a high enough standard.  My goodness, how long have we been enduring this substandard work?  You just can’t admit the guy brings all of it on himself.  LOL, the poll simply puts it into perspective that you’re out of touch with reality.  You’re trying to pretend he doesn’t deserve scrutiny for his poor work.  So earlier on I suggested someone do a poll to get a firm assessment as to how others perceive him, so as to clarify that it’s not an irrational, unfair & unpopular opinion.  Now it’s confirmed.  So you’re the one who seems to be the oddball.  

Lmao, epic fail on your part bro.

athell, g-dawg and VTCrunkler like this

He is an idiot, he can't talk well or write well and now is trying this negative schtick like Terrence Moore used to have but is not smart enough to pull that off

HASHBROWN3 and Emmitt like this

12 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I see bedwetter has voted. Lol

LOL, that was Neon Deion who commented right before your post because he felt sorry for the guy & wanted to make the poll interesting :lol:

10 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Not even close. We deserve much better.  I think folks in Atlanta aren’t doing enough complaining because this guy & the AJC are not being held to a high enough standard.  My goodness, how long have we been enduring this substandard work?  You just can’t admit the guy brings all of it on himself.  LOL, the poll simply puts it into perspective that you’re out of touch with reality.  You’re trying to pretend he doesn’t deserve scrutiny for his poor work.  So earlier on I suggested someone do a poll to get a firm assessment as to how others perceive him, so as to clarify that it’s not an irrational, unfair & unpopular opinion.  Now it’s confirmed.  So you’re the one who seems to be the oddball.  

Lmao, epic fail on your part bro.

Not engaging in group think isn't an "epic fail." Also, just because lots of people believe something doesn't mean they're correct. Lastly, I'm not defending D Led or his work. I'm pointing out how ridiculous you all look whining and crying about something inconsequential in your lives. As I said...pathetic.

The AJC overall is not that great for sports anymore - they let their best go to the Athletic and one has to struggle to even find the results of a prior night's game.

Ledbetter is not great and even the local 92.9 station shows they really do not enjoy his visits that much.  However, he obviously has something in his back pocket that keeps him around (good lawyer? good relatives? good evidence?).

g-dawg likes this

15 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Not engaging in group think isn't an "epic fail." Also, just because lots of people believe something doesn't mean they're correct. Lastly, I'm not defending D Led or his work. I'm pointing out how ridiculous you all look whining and crying about something inconsequential in your lives. As I said...pathetic.

The paper that represents the city we live in is "inconsequential"?

PokerSteve, g-dawg and VTCrunkler like this