Jump to content

2019 Las Vegas Summer League


jayu70

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Beef said:

Lost. 

Smooth, clean form, good defense, but often out of position and probably too uncomfortable and pressing to have good concentration on his shots.  So he missed a lot. I haven’t looked but he probably shot maybe 30%.

It’ll come, though.  He probably had jet-lag and was very nervous. 

Hunter doesn’t have the skillset to come in and be a one man show on offense.  He needs to play within a system to get his.  He will be a great defender.  You saw glimpses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunter didn't get the ball much, so no rhythm.  The PG's kept the ball 90% of the time and sucked.  Spellman and Fernando didn't get the ball either and they looked solid.  it's obvious that we r going to have 2 get vets PG's.  Even when there was spacing, they still screwed the plays up.  Had to be more than 15 turnovers.  When they rolled under picks, it ruined the post play too.  They have two days of rest.  Get guys who show promise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

His defense is way better than Adams'. On and off ball. Dude had five steals today. Five. His shot has been off but that's usually the case for rooks.

There’s like 5 other things PG’s need to be able to do too, though.  5 steals against SL scrubs is great, but 8 turnovers, 2 assists, and 24% shooting, plus zero concept of how to manage a pick or screen, and simply looking like an out of control bull in a china shop most of the time is very worrisome, don’t you think?

Both games have been scary ugly for both PG’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Beef said:

Lost. 

Smooth, clean form, good defense, but often out of position and probably too uncomfortable and pressing to have good concentration on his shots.  So he missed a lot. I haven’t looked but he probably shot maybe 30%.

It’ll come, though.  He probably had jet-lag and was very nervous. 

That post up move though was nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, therawest said:

That post up move though was nice. 

Yes, it was.  He tried it 3x and only got it once, though.  But that was just nerves, IMO.  Can’t blame him. He was obviously uncomfortable and pressing.  He’ll shake the rust off after a few practices and a couple games. 

That shot block was insane, though. He can clearly get WAY above the rim.  Dude is super long and can jump out the roof.  It’s gonna be fun watching his defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beef said:

There’s like 5 other things PG’s need to be able to do too, though.  5 steals against SL scrubs is great, but 8 turnovers, 2 assists, and 24% shooting, plus zero concept of how to manage a pick or screen, and simply looking like an out of control bull in a china shop most of the time is very worrisome, don’t you think?

Both games have been scary ugly for both PG’s.

Mooney played OK in the first game. He has 7 assists to 3 TOs in two games. Played dam good defense and shot 50% from the 3pt line. That's not as bad as you're describing. His issue has been making short range shots. That'll come. This ain't even preseason bro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Brah.  This is game two of the summer league, not game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals...:lol:

Oh I get that....still don't mean the guys running the point aka bringing the ball down the floor didn't look good... didn't create.

 

Last year when trae had super super ****** shooting games.... He created out there... He made guys look better

 

Again they are not trea young and only Spellman, Fernando, aND hunter will make the squad 100%... But I won't lie I expected to see more from adams.

 

It's the freaking summer league... Lonzo *** looked like a all star that year and **** ppl tried to play trae last year during the preseason.

 

I guess I was looking for certain traits to show.. 

 

I know last year backup PG was a problem.. especially when jeremy was gone....  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Brah.  This is game two of the summer league, not game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals...:lol:

However, it doesn't take a brian surgeon to see what happend.  The PG's were overmatched and not by a little.  They DARED them to shoot threes and were consistently getting beaten to the hoop.  I understand its summer league but with that performance, You KNOW they won't make the team.  Time to get some new guys a chance rather than sticking w/ trash.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On a good note... Spellman...If this dude can figure out the weight issue... Man he cab be a nice piece off the bench.... He can big in the paint, give u max effort including blocks, and he can stretch the floor.... 

 

With a creator on the floor with the 2nd unit (hopefully that's cam)... I think Spellman can do some damage on that 2nd unit..... Again... He just needs to get the weight right and stay healthy

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

 

Film would not matter today.  Didn’t run our offense, spacing was abysmal and nobody could facilitate effectively on offense.

Things I Loved: Bruno’s ability to get into the low block and at will.  That’s what stood along with his 8 blocked shots or whatever he had.  Splurgman was also impressive.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atljbo said:

On a good note... Spellman...If this dude can figure out the weight issue... Man he cab be a nice piece off the bench.... He can big in the paint, give u max effort including blocks, and he can stretch the floor.... 

 

With a creator on the floor with the 2nd unit (hopefully that's cam)... I think Spellman can do some damage on that 2nd unit..... Again... He just needs to get the weight right and stay healthy

He was like an eclipse setting picks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, red2play said:

However, it doesn't take a brian surgeon to see what happend.  The PG's were overmatched and not by a little.  They DARED them to shoot threes and were consistently getting beaten to the hoop.  I understand its summer league but with that performance, You KNOW they won't make the team.  Time to get some new guys a chance rather than sticking w/ trash.

Let Cam learn HIS position first. Yall trying to run CONCEPTS and the dude hasn't played his own position yet...:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, atljbo said:

Oh I get that....still don't mean the guys running the point aka bringing the ball down the floor didn't look good... didn't create.

 

Last year when trae had super super ****** shooting games.... He created out there... He made guys look better

 

Again they are not trea young and only Spellman, Fernando, aND hunter will make the squad 100%... But I won't lie I expected to see more from adams.

 

It's the freaking summer league... Lonzo *** looked like a all star that year and **** ppl tried to play trae last year during the preseason.

 

I guess I was looking for certain traits to show.. 

 

I know last year backup PG was a problem.. especially when jeremy was gone....  

They will give the scrubs a look and if they don't show anything,  give Turner minutes at backup point guard or go sign someone.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Beef said:

Yeah this is actually something to worry about.  This is some of the worst point play I’ve ever seen from supposed professionals. 

I hope Turner can backup Trae. 

CLP mentioned letting Reddish run some point too.

I'm more worried about Pierce saying he didn't install a defensive system last year. If true, WTF? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Film would not matter today.  Didn’t run our offense, spacing was abysmal and nobody could facilitate effectively on offense.

Things I Loved: Bruno’s ability to get into the low block and at will.  That’s what stood along with his 8 blocked shots or whatever he had.  Splurgman was also impressive.  

Film study reference involves the Hawks big league roster.  It’s great however that they are trying step right in and contribute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Film would not matter today.  Didn’t run our offense, spacing was abysmal and nobody could facilitate effectively on offense.

Things I Loved: Bruno’s ability to get into the low block and at will.  That’s what stood along with his 8 blocked shots or whatever he had.  Splurgman was also impressive.  

Bruno ended up with 4 blocks, Spungeman 3, and Hunter 1.  The one Hunter got I originally thought was Bruno so I credited wrong guy at first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm more worried about Pierce saying he didn't install a defensive system last year. If true, WTF? 

That’s not what CLP said.  He said they “didn’t really ask them to focus on defense last year”.  Or something similar to that.

The way you’re saying it makes it sound like they didn’t even coach the concept of defense, which is ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...