Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Predict Our Record: Without Ryan

Record With Schaub as QB in 2019  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If Schaub Was Forced To Start, Guess our Record 2019

2. 2. How Many Wins With Schaub Last Year, 2018

If Matt went down & we were forced to rely on the King of the Pick Six, I’d just put Sanu out there in a wildcat look for at least half the offensive snaps. That way we are at least keeping opposing defenses on their toes a little.

15 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Nonsense. Yall really feel like Matt Ryan is our only good player? Lol. Why tf does anybody else suit up then? Just have Matt block for himself, throw to himself, hand it to himself, tackle, cover, and rush all my himself since we’re a one man team. 2018 we could win 5 games. With a healthy defense and Freeman we can win 8-10 games. 

If you think Matt Schaub is anywhere near Matt Ryan then you are an absolute fool. What happened in 2009 when Matt was out? What happened in 2007 the year after Vick and before Matt Ryan? We’re 0-8 in our previous 8 preseason games because our backup QB play has been so bad. Worse than most other NFL backups. Matt Ryan has covered up the Falcons mediocre defenses over the years. I mean how many times do Falcons fans with logical sense have to repeat this narrative over and over again, because I’m tired of it. 

Don't think we'd win that many.  The teams that can withstand an injury to their QB are teams that are defense and run game oriented...teams that didn't ask a ton of their QB in the first place.

The only reason we're relevant is because of the pass game, so a switch in QB would make a bigger difference than it normally would.

Guess it comes down to how much you trust Schaub.  If he's average, you win some.  If he's toast, it's over.

Our QB normally needs to have a 90 passer rating for us to win (we're very dependent on the passing game)...so the backup would have to come in and put up several 250 yard 2 TD 0 INT type games.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:17 PM, hjerry said:

You shut your whore mouth

Image result for put that evil on me ricky bobby

On 6/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

LOL...notice I didn’t say Ryan was hurt.  Let’s just assume Ryan is in his Senior year at BC  for the sake of this thread.

If so, With Schaub as QB I think we would likely be drafting Matt Ryan #1 overall in the 2020 Draft

2012...you just got Michael Clarke Duncan’d....This topic is taboo 

But, I voted “worse” and “3-13.” 

The MMQB Podcast Top 10 Quarterbacks for 2019

1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City, 78 points (2 first-place votes)
2. Tom Brady, New England, 77 (1)
3. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis, 73
4. Drew Brees, New Orleans, 65
5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay, 61
6. Philip Rivers, L.A. Chargers, 60
7. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh, 52
(tie)8. Matt Ryan, Atlanta, 50
(tie)8. Carson Wentz, Philadelphia, 50
10. Russell Wilson, Seattle, 43

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/04/top-quarterbacks-qbs-ranking-mahomes-brady-goff-trubisky-mariota-jameis-winston-podcast

13 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

The MMQB Podcast Top 10 Quarterbacks for 2019

1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City, 78 points (2 first-place votes)
2. Tom Brady, New England, 77 (1)
3. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis, 73
4. Drew Brees, New Orleans, 65
5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay, 61
6. Philip Rivers, L.A. Chargers, 60
7. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh, 52
(tie)8. Matt Ryan, Atlanta, 50
(tie)8. Carson Wentz, Philadelphia, 50
10. Russell Wilson, Seattle, 43

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/06/04/top-quarterbacks-qbs-ranking-mahomes-brady-goff-trubisky-mariota-jameis-winston-podcast

The lack of respect for Ryan & Wilson continues...

And 4 of 10 have a last name starting with the letter R.  Hmmm

This coming year: who knows? If we have a great team around him Schaub could probably guide us to some wins. He's well past his prime but he's got smarts and experience so he should be able to hold a good team together.

Last year we did not have that kind of a team and Schaub could maybe have gotten us into 2 lucky wins. Hard to imagine much more than that given we didn't have a defense or running game so it would all have been on him. Not to mention our running game would have been even worse (imagine that) because teams wouldn't have to respect our passing game nearly as much. 

Despite what people want to think, Ryan does carry this team on his shoulders. Maybe this year we'll have a team that won't require that to be good, but we certainly needed every second of it last year. 

On 6/2/2019 at 6:19 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

This is a very good question that I hope we never find out the answer to. Last year we probably would have won 4 games. Probably Tampa bay, Washington, the Cards and maybe the Giants. This year probably 7-9 or 8-8 with a healthy otherwise roster and Koetter. Schaub is a pretty good QB. If Matt Ryan got injured in a playoff game God forbid I could see Schaub pulling a Jeff Hostetler or a Nick Files and winning us a championship with our brotherhood rallying behind him.

Could you point to evidence in the recent past that Schaub is a "pretty good QB". Every game I've seen him play in the last 3 years as backup, have been straight dookie.

If you could see him pulling a Hostetler or Foles you must be named Mr. Roarke, because you are on Fantasy Island.

If the Falcons have to rely on Schaub, then I don't see any way to win a single game. Schaub is about as done as he can be; he has little to no pocket awareness anymore, has no zip on his throws at all, and he has never been known to be all that mobile of QB. Schaub doesn't even look like he wants to play. I've heard that he has value on the sideline, so give him a coaching position, and let's move on and get a mobile QB option as a backup to the backup. 

5 hours ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

Could you point to evidence in the recent past that Schaub is a "pretty good QB". Every game I've seen him play in the last 3 years as backup, have been straight dookie.

If you could see him pulling a Hostetler or Foles you must be named Mr. Roarke, because you are on Fantasy Island.

I wouldn't put too much stock into last night. If this trend continues into the next 4 games then yeah.

5 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into last night. If this trend continues into the next 4 games then yeah.

He's been straight garbage for the last 3 preseasons. Maybe when he was signed it was useful to have him around from the understanding Shannahan's scheme aspect, but at this point Ryan has already been in this system 4 years. Ryan will also understand the "tweaks" made to the scheme better as he already has the experience playing under both Koetter and Mularkey.

I NEVER want to see him step on the field in a meaningful game and have to throw the ball.