Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Predict Our Record: Without Ryan

Record With Schaub as QB in 2019  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If Schaub Was Forced To Start, Guess our Record 2019

2. 2. How Many Wins With Schaub Last Year, 2018

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

We were 7-9 last year with Ryan playing a great year. If you think we would be better than 3-13 than you’re crazy. We would be the same, maybe slightly better because of returning players this year. So like 5-11 or 4-12 with Schaub this year. 

That’s how I see it as well.

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

You shut your whore mouth

Image result for put that evil on me ricky bobby

LOL...notice I didn’t say Ryan was hurt.  Let’s just assume Ryan is in his Senior year at BC  for the sake of this thread.

If so, With Schaub as QB I think we would likely be drafting Matt Ryan #1 overall in the 2020 Draft

This is a very good question that I hope we never find out the answer to. Last year we probably would have won 4 games. Probably Tampa bay, Washington, the Cards and maybe the Giants. This year probably 7-9 or 8-8 with a healthy otherwise roster and Koetter. Schaub is a pretty good QB. If Matt Ryan got injured in a playoff game God forbid I could see Schaub pulling a Jeff Hostetler or a Nick Files and winning us a championship with our brotherhood rallying behind him.

6 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

This is a very good question that I hope we never find out the answer to. Last year we probably would have won 4 games. Probably Tampa bay, Washington, the Cards and maybe the Giants. This year probably 7-9 or 8-8 with a healthy otherwise roster and Koetter. Schaub is a pretty good QB. If Matt Ryan got injured in a playoff game God forbid I could see Schaub pulling a Jeff Hostetler or a Nick Files and winning us a championship with our brotherhood rallying behind him.

We barely beat Tampa & the Giants with Ryan.  But agreed, hope we never find out

Does Schaub survive 100 hits Ryan absorbed?

9-7.  I have them 11-5 with Ryan.  Schaub will not have to carry that team, they are LOADED on offense and the defense is gonna be improved...   Even Schaub can complete screen passes and thats what Koetter is gonna do...

Edited by slickgadawg

First of all we only won 7 games because the DEFENSE was so banged up. If we have a healthy defense and a healthy Freeman we could still win 8-10 games with Schaub because he doesn’t have to carry the team. You use ALL your weapons and brain power. See what most fail to realize is you don’t need a qb to play as well as Matt to still win games. If DK can’t figure out how to call plays without Matt and still be efficient he should be fired. You’re also saying beyond Matt we really don’t have a good team. I’ve watched teams lose their starting qb and still go to the playoffs and some even win a sb. You don’t call the same type of game you do with Matt. You build a different game plan on Sunday. You have to FIND ways to win games without your qb. If we only lost Allen on defense last year we’re still a playoff team. PERIOD!!! Wtf is schaub here if they don’t think they could win games without Ryan? The broncos won a SB losing Peyton for most of the season. They found ways to win. 

When i have my coaches meeting as the DC im saying ok defense WE gotta step it up because we can’t expect to be in shootouts without our starting qb. So WE have to really get more stops because we don’t have the luxury of Matt Ryan. We’re going to rally around Schaub and have his back. We’re gonna play tight man defense and limit points. We’ll be much more aggressive because we can’t count on the offense as a certainty. This year has to be about us. 

DK I need you to make whatever adjustments you have to make to accommodate schaub. Maybe slow the game down a little and become a ball control team featuring Freeman and the rest of the  backs to take pressure  off schaub. Get the running game going because defenses are gonna try and make schaub beat us. We have to be more balanced. Establish the run and utilize playaction. Find out what schaub likes and feature that. We’re gonna be in more close games than usual. We still have Julio to help schaub read defenses. He knows the system like the back of his hand and helped Ryan ease into it so we won’t have an issue with him not understanding the system. 

THAT is how you prepare if Matt was to go down god forbid. You don’t give Schaub and Matt Ryan game plan. You give him a Matt Schaub game plan. And you adjust accordingly. He can still make all the throws. How many games did the rams fans think they’d win when Greene went down in pre? Probably 0. What about hostetler for Simms? DK has dealt with losing a starting qb and still having success with a backup. He did it in Jax when Brunell went down and Garrard came in. 

We are NOT a one man team. Even if the defense got back to a 2017 type performance we can win 8-10 games. You rally. You step up. We don’t have a good team overall if you can’t win without a vet qb that’s won games in the nfl before. How you call the game will make a world of difference. When Matt was a younger qb you called a different game for him. 

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

9-7.  I have them 11-5 with Ryan.  Schaub will not have to carry that team, they are LOADED on offense and the defense is gonna be improved...   Even Schaub can complete screen passes and thats what Koetter is gonna do...

Thank you!!! I KNOW we can win 8-10 games with schaub. He doesn’t have to carry the team. 

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

9-7.  I have them 11-5 with Ryan.  Schaub will not have to carry that team, they are LOADED on offense and the defense is gonna be improved...

My concern would be the deep routes are no longer in the playbook with Schaub.  More defenders are now in the box making it tough to run.  And could he survive the hits

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Having a friendly debate on a different thread about Ryan’s value to the team.  So I’d like your thoughts.  If Ryan was out all year, how many wins could Schaub lead us to?  Same question for 2018 as well

Saw the debate with Fat. I don't think he remembers Schaub's last couple seasons. I do believe with the weapons we have he could win 7 though. Definitely would be shocked if he won 10.

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

First of all we only won 7 games because the DEFENSE was so banged up. If we have a healthy defense and a healthy Freeman we could still win 8-10 games with Schaub. See what most fail to realize is you don’t need a qb to play as well as Matt to still win games. If DK can’t figure out how to call plays without Matt and still be efficient he should be fired. You’re also saying beyond Matt we really don’t have a good team. I’ve watched teams lose their starting qb and still go to the playoffs and some even win a sb. You don’t call the same type of game you do with Matt. You build a different game plan on Sunday. You have to FIND ways to win games without your qb. If we only lost Allen on defense last year we’re still a playoff team. PERIOD!!! Wtf is schaub here if they don’t think they could win games without Ryan? The broncos won a SB losing Peyton for most of the season. They found ways to win. 

When i have my coaches meeting as the DC im saying ok defense WE gotta step it up because we can’t expect to be in shootouts without our starting qb. So WE have to really get more stops because we don’t have the luxury of Matt Ryan. We’re going to rally around Schaub and have his back. We’re gonna play tight man defense and limit points. We’ll be much more aggressive because we can’t count on the offense as a certainty. This year has to be about us. 

DK I need you to make whatever adjustments you have to make to accommodate schaub. Maybe slow the game down a little and become a ball control team featuring Freeman and the rest of the  backs to take pressure  off schaub. Get the running game going because defenses are gonna try and make schaub beat us. We have to be more balanced. Establish the run and utilize playaction. Find out what schaub likes and feature that. We’re gonna be in more close games than usual. We still have Julio to help schaub read defenses. He knows the system like the back of his hand and helped Ryan ease into it so we won’t have an issue with him not understanding the system. 

THAT is how you prepare if Matt was to go down god forbid. You don’t give Schaub and Matt Ryan game plan. You give him a Matt Schaub game plan. And you adjust accordingly. He can still make all the throws. How many games did the rams fans think they’d win when Greene went down in pre? Probably 0. What about hostetler for Simms? DK has dealt with losing a starting qb and still having success with a backup. He did it in Jax when Brunell went down and Garrard came in. 

We are NOT a one man team. Even if the defense got back to a 2017 type performance we can win 8-10 games. You rally. You step up. We don’t have a good team overall if you can’t win without a vet qb that’s won games in the nfl before. How you call the game will make a world of difference. When Matt was a younger qb you called a different game for him. 

You clearly have a higher opinion of Schaub then I do.  And that’s fine, of course.

So as a starter, where would you rank Schaub compared to the other 31 NFL starting QB’s?

We barely beat Tampa & the Giants with Ryan.  But agreed, hope we never find out

Does Schaub survive 100 hits Ryan absorbed?

Schaub would have the element of surprise as other teams wouldn't have as much tape on him. There would probably be games where schaub would do better than Ryan on occasion.

13 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

My concern would be the deep routes are no longer in the playbook with Schaub.  More defenders are now in the box making it tough to run.  And could he survive the hits

The Falcons are gonna pound the ball with or without Ryan.   The strong safeties WILL have to come into the box.  If Schaub can't hit the one on one post and fly routes he has no business carrying a clipboard in the NFL...

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You clearly have a higher opinion of Schaub then I do.  And that’s fine, of course.

So as a starter, where would you rank Schaub compared to the other 31 NFL starting QB’s?

It’s not about an opinion of schaub. It’s about the team around him. We are loaded with talent. He doesn’t have to carry the team. We don’t need him to be ranked as anything as a starter. Idgaf about that. I just need him to MANAGE the game. Don’t go out and be a hero. Lean on your running backs and let those stud wr’s make plays. Even if it takes them 10 minutes to score 7 points because he’s dinking and dunking that’s fine and dandy. If that’s what it takes to win. DK can call the game where he’s calling shorter more successful routes. We can slow the game down. He doesn’t have to go out there and be Matt Ryan. Where you think I’m thinking about Schaub I’m not. I’m thinking about the other 21 players and the OC doing their part to rally behind him and have his back. We have THAT kind of talent. You’re acting as if I need him to throw for 500 yards and 4 td’s  No. Idgaf if he goes 10-17 for 180 yards and 1 td but freeman has 2 td’s And we kicked 2 fg’s. That’s 27 points. And hopefully the defense held the opposition to 26 points. THAT’s how you win with a backup qb. I don’t need you to throw the ball 40 times. We’re gonna come with a game plan where you only have to throw 20-25 times. It’s in the strategy. Not HIM as one guy. You use the entire roster to win. That’s what belichik did when they went 11-5 what Matt Cassel. Brady was 0-1 that year. Cassel won 10 games. Do you think he was slinging it? No he just managed the game and they played good defense and ran the ball. 

Whomever said 7-9 last year:  you didn’t see much  value in Matt Ryan last year.  You think Schaub gets us 7 wins behind that OL?

By that logic wouldn’t it imply are we going 8-8 this year?

LOL.  It's a public poll so anyone can see how people voted.  It would have been fine to call me out...it's my vote.   I meant to respond but got sidetracked.  Put simply I think that we could have won all those same games with Schaub (wouldn't put money on it).  Most of our impressive offensive performances were losses.  Matt had an near MVP season statistically and we still finished 7-9.   I believe Schaub could beat the 2018 Panthers / Bucs twice, Giants, Cards and Skins.  I do think we get our butts kicked worse in other games we lost where we did put up big points with MR2.

15 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Saw the debate with Fat. I don't think he remembers Schaub's last couple seasons. I do believe with the weapons we have he could win 7 though. Definitely would be shocked if he won 10.

I remember his last couple seasons. It was more than just him. They changed systems in Baltimore. He was a Kyle shanahan student. Which is why he works here. Remember Matt’s 2015 season? It was a lot of ppl here that thought Kyle broke him. So I Don’t hold a bad season on a player necessarily. It’s reasons other than he can’t play. System change etc...

Just now, Monolith2001 said:

LOL.  It's a public poll so anyone can see how people voted.  It would have been fine to call me out...it's my vote.   I meant to respond but got sidetracked.  Put simply I think that we could have won all those same games with Schaub (wouldn't put money on it).  Most of our impressive offensive performances were losses.  Matt had an near MVP season statistically and we still finished 7-9.   I believe Schaub could beat the 2018 Panthers / Bucs twice, Giants, Cards and Skins.  I do think we get our butts kicked worse in other games we lost where we did put up big points with MR2.

I agree. If the defense is healthy and at LEAST gets back to 2017 form we can win 8-10 games with MS. 

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s not about an opinion of schaub. It’s about the team around him. We are loaded with talent. He doesn’t have to carry the team. We don’t need him to be ranked as anything as a starter. Idgaf about that. I just need him to MANAGE the game. Don’t go out and be a hero. Lean on your running backs and let those stud wr’s make plays. Even if it takes them 10 minutes to score 7 points because he’s dinking and dunking that’s fine and dandy. If that’s what it takes to win. DK can call the game where he’s calling shorter more successful routes. We can slow the game down. He doesn’t have to go out there and be Matt Ryan. Where you think I’m thinking about Schaub I’m not. I’m thinking about the other 21 players and the OC doing their part to rally behind him and have his back. We have THAT kind of talent. You’re acting as if I need him to throw for 500 yards and 4 td’s  No. Idgaf if he goes 10-17 for 180 yards and 1 td but freeman has 2 td’s And we kicked 2 fg’s. That’s 27 points. And hopefully the defense held the opposition to 26 points. THAT’s how you win with a backup qb. I don’t need you to throw the ball 40 times. We’re gonna come with a game plan where you only have to throw 20-25 times. It’s in the strategy. Not HIM as one guy. You use the entire roster to win. That’s what belichik did when they went 11-5 what Matt Cassel. Brady was 0-1 that year. Cassel won 10 games. Do you think he was slinging it? No he just managed the game and they played good defense and ran the ball. 

I agree with much of what you’re saying.  Yes, we have talented pieces around Ryan. But before answering further, I have 2 questions:

Is Ryan a top 8 QB in your opinion?

Does he make the players around him better than they otherwise would be?

4 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I wasn’t calling you out, brotha., I promise.  Just curious on what your thoughts were