June 2019 Recruiting Thread

Carter

3 hours ago, Lennon said:

I may be alone here, but does it bother anyone else how dawg fans on the 247 board (and maybe on here, haven’t checked) refer to Florida as the “Gayturds”? It’s just a very lame insult - not clever or really even funny, it’s like something a child would come up with. I don’t even care that it mildly homophobic, it’s just really dumb, and I hate Florida as much as anyone. 

Florida fans call us UGAY more than we use Gayturds.  

5 hours ago, Lennon said:

I may be alone here, but does it bother anyone else how dawg fans on the 247 board (and maybe on here, haven’t checked) refer to Florida as the “Gayturds”? It’s just a very lame insult - not clever or really even funny, it’s like something a child would come up with. I don’t even care that it mildly homophobic, it’s just really dumb, and I hate Florida as much as anyone. 

Your mom!

7 hours ago, Lennon said:

Shut up AOC

4 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

This clears the room for both Raym and SVP without having process someone. There was a guy on Rivals a couple weeks ago said that this flip was possible but I didn’t see with how pro UGA he was on social media. Oh well

With as pro UGA as he’s been it sounds like he was processed.

With him being arguably the lowest rated of our OL commits and having 2-3 much higher rated guys waiting, I had been wondering if we might lose him. As others have stated, the only thing that really gave me pause there was that he was easily our biggest cheerleader online, but then again, so was Rashad Chaney at one time, so i guess I need to learn to ignore that stuff.

I think it's also worth noting that all of our non-OT OL prospects, commits or recruits, have been praised for their versatility, other than him. Raym has been said to being able to play anywhere, Van Pran is able to play both OG and is obviously wiling to play OC, and Braun who recently committed has been said to be able to play OG, or RT both.

It could be that the staff thinks that Braun can be just as good at OG as he would've been, and then with multiple others waiting who are just simply better, that they simply moved on.

Whatever the case, I trust Kirby and Pittman here. Especially with this being Pittman and OL, I have been given zero reason to doubt them.

Some are saying that this had to do with family and being close to home, and supposedly he had been to A&M multiple times in the last few weeks, but I don't know, I agree that the whole thing is weird.

I mean, the kid was recruiting for us as recently as a couple weeks ago (right before these alleged visits started happening), and he makes no post about decommiting from us, and in fact no mention of us at all, saying thank you, or anything. To go from our #1 recruiter to acting like we don't even exist, is a pretty **** big shift in a 2 weeks span.

I could always be wrong, but it just feels like there's stuff going on in the background here.

I’m not going to say he got processed because Aki is a very good player. In the end it might come out differently but I lean towards it being a distance thing. 

***update** 

it appears that Aki’s Mother had a stroke a couple months ago and that he and the UGA staff felt it was best for him to stay closer to home. Completely mutual this according to Dawgnation and Smallwood on Rivals 

Edited by Bdawg58

27 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

FWIW Raym is expected to make  his choice in the next week

Van Pran is unclear especially with his visit falling through this weekend

At this point I think we stand great with SVP and Raym. Raym of the 2 is one that I’m not 100% convinced that he ends up a dawg, I think Oklahoma is a strong competition for him but I’m hoping for the best

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

****.  I thought AO was in our top 2 for OG.  I would lean more toward distance, than he being processed. 

Mother’s health(stroke) was the main factor. Aki informed the our staff and they agreed that is was the right thing to stay closer to home for her. Aki handled this the right way by keeping the UGA staff informed throughout this 

57 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I’m not going to say he got processed because Aki is a very good player. In the end it might come out differently but I lean towards it being a distance thing. 

***update** 

it appears that Aki’s Mother had a stroke a couple months ago and that he and the UGA staff felt it was best for him to stay closer to home. Completely mutual this according to Dawgnation and Smallwood on Rivals 

Yeah, weird situation to be sure, and definitely wish the best for him and his family, especially his mother

Ironically though, as has been said, if we end up with Raym, this might end up working better for us anyway, and I know I sound kinda douchie for saying that considering the context, but I certainly don't mean it in any negative fashion