Jump to content

June 2019 Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a time to be a Dawg.

Don't think this ish isn't intentional either. UF had a big decommitment tonight followed shortly by Braun publicly committing. That sound you heard was Kirby's nutsack smacking Dan in the face.

Mullen kicked the hornets nest, and now he's paying the price. Serves him and them right. 

8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Nice!

 

Also, regarding the Holloman news, I guess we now know why the staff was so keen on adding Cager. Makes a lot more sense after today's news...

I'm not sure that had anything to do with it... This info wasn't even reported to the ugapd until June, the Cager stuff was going down well before obviously. But certainly I would imagine they didn't want to get caught with their pants down in a situation like this... So it worked out well for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Yeah no way we fill those 2 spots this year unless they go to walk-ons. 

Agreed. And unfortunately it will have to be PWOs that have been with the program more than 2 years. Freaking Stetson boned us a little bit by leaving and coming back. Ate a spot in the 19 class, and would have had a scholly waiting on him after year two just as we originally told him to expect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I really wonder what this does to us adding a transfer from the portal. 

Quote
SoFL_Dawg Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
So we’re about to welcome a new Dawg member, possibly 2 this weekend.  Pivoting back to football.

1.  Celebrate Wren.  He will make an impact at UGA before he leaves.

2. Pittman should get a lifetime contract and is the best recruiter I think I’ve ever witnessed.

3.  The situation that occurred today will not effect #’s on recruiting strategy going forward.  Staff was always planning on Holloman declaring which is why they’re taking 3 WRs.  

4.  Feel confident on Gilbert, trust the staff here.

5.  The month of June commitments may continue after this weekend.  Newcomers making an impact.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Agreed. And unfortunately it will have to be PWOs that have been with the program more than 2 years. Freaking Stetson boned us a little bit by leaving and coming back. Ate a spot in the 19 class, and would have had a scholly waiting on him after year two just as we originally told him to expect. 

yep..  we were boned by stetson, fields, and luke ford.. it caused us to do some things differently for 2019 when we could have taken 2 more players, but we couldn't.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

 

yeah our staff expected him to leave for the NFL, but I was more referring to this year.. I am sure kirby and the staff will get more of an idea of the incoming freshman during the summer and if he sees a need we will add someone.  Kirby won't stand pat if he believes another body would help us win..  he already showed that with hayes last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Nothing. Not worth taking a spot from the 20 recruiting class at this point for a one or two year fill in. 

there is a lot of portal talent out there still and Kirby and staff will see how ready the young guys are the compete and will evaluate in the summer.  the one thing kirby won't do is stand pat if he feels he needs another body to help us win.. this is the year for us to win it all and kirby knows the importance of this season and if he feels he needs another cager type player with experience to help the receiving situation he will bring them in.. i hope he doesn't need to.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Supposedly a poster over there saw Gilbert at lunch with Seither this past week... Things better there behind the scenes than many think. 

it's been posted on here and other boards our staff is doing a tone of recruiting behind the scenes without much public info.  we have had guys on campus a lot and it hasn't been reported.  Not surprised on Gilbert.  It's funny how many guys who are pretty reliable denounce the pro tennessee news on him saying there is so much more going on..  i hope they are dead on again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

there is a lot of portal talent out there still and Kirby and staff will see how ready the young guys are the compete and will evaluate in the summer.  the one thing kirby won't do is stand pat if he feels he needs another body to help us win.. this is the year for us to win it all and kirby knows the importance of this season and if he feels he needs another cager type player with experience to help the receiving situation he will bring them in.. i hope he doesn't need to.  

The Crompton commit came out of nowhere so I bet we will pull someone if CKS wants another receiver.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, usmcdirtybird said:

The Crompton commit came out of nowhere so I bet we will pull someone if CKS wants another receiver.  

Things are a little different now

Adding another like that would be to add to the 19 class, which is affected by the 25 rule

Again, that rule can be played with some, but best case scenario, you're making yourself take one less in 2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Maybe, but that only goes so far

he has enough plays on the field or will be that point that it will matter.. he is a very physical receiver with great hands who gives punishing blocks down field.. you add in the combine and he is a day 2 at the worst IMO.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

he has enough plays on the field or will be that point that it will matter.. he is a very physical receiver with great hands who gives punishing blocks down field.. you add in the combine and he is a day 2 at the worst IMO.  

Ehh, once he's a pool of hundreds, he becomes one of many

I never saw the hype that Ridley was going that early either. He went right about where I thought he would

Holloman needed a really good here to be anything really special. He wasn't a top 100 player, not yet anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...