Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

Gonna be interesting to see if our final OL spot goes to Raym or Van Pran. Hard to see us taking 2 more and I think both want in.

Our OL recruiting is just nuts these days.

g-dawg likes this

53 minutes ago, Carter said:

Gonna be interesting to see if our final OL spot goes to Raym or Van Pran. Hard to see us taking 2 more and I think both want in.

They could take 6 if they feel it's the right 6. There's a good chance we lose 4 starters off this years line.

3 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Seems like all schools cry about "bags" when they don't get their guy, or when they have a solid commit decide to back off their pledge.

Exactly. It's always the bags. But in the optimist youth football league in Miami these guys pay mother's $5000 for their superstar 11 and 12 year old son to play on their team. They bet thousands of dollars a game on it. And these are optimist league games lol

itsjustafleshwound likes this

24 minutes ago, Carter said:

Rusty on 247 supposedly said that Kirby told Pittman he could take 6

Carter, g-dawg, 95Dawg and 2 others like this

11 minutes ago, Ransack said:

They could take 6 if they feels it's the right 6. There's a good chance we lose 4 starters off this years line.

1 minute ago, VA F.O. said:

Rusty on 247 supposedly said that Kirby told Pittman he could take 6

I agree it's definitely possible. Kinda thinking more in a strict numbers sense, but that's probably not the sticking point a lot of us have bought into since the NCAA changed the policy without really explaining it to anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

I agree it's definitely possible. Kinda thinking more in a strict numbers sense, but that's probably not the sticking point a lot of us have bought into since the NCAA changed the policy without really explaining it to anyone. 

I think Kirby just wants the most talented players

He'd rather have 4 OL in the top 150, than an extra DB in the top 250 (essentially) 

That's why Pittman gets pretty much free reign every year. As long as he keeps bringing in the top talent in the country, Kirby can't/won't say no to him

Just now, VA F.O. said:

I think Kirby just wants the most talented players

He'd rather have 4 OL in the top 150, than an extra DB in the top 250 (essentially) 

That's why Pittman gets pretty much free reign every year. As long as he keeps bringing in the top talent in the country, Kirby can't/won't say no to him

Well I will say this... I don't know how you could say no to either of those guys. Raym and SVP both look like grown *** men who would just maul everyone in their way. 

Bdawg58 likes this

Every year we here that we're only taking so many OL, and every year that number increases more and more, as Pittman has some of the best overall talent in the class lining up to play for him, and Kirby refuses to say no to top talent, no matter how it may affect other areas of recruiting

I really get the feeling that Kirby basically tells his other coaches they can have more spots as soon as they can recruit at the level that Pittman does

You want another spot, fine, easy, just bring me a player better than Pittman's 6th best recruit this year

fibonaccisquared, g-dawg and 95Dawg like this

On 6/12/2019 at 8:35 PM, Ransack said:

Kirby going in dry and UF fans know it.

Interesting comments from some guys who were around our staff recently... Sort of got confirmation that a lot of the UF stuff happening is intentional straight from the horse's mouth... (don't want to say too much here) Suffice it to say there is no love lost there and it's become a fun secondary goal to just recruiting at an elite level... for the staff from the top down.

33 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Looks like we made a HUGE impression on Milton. Word is that he’s completely eliminated OSU and Bama. I think he’s in. Also, Sewell apparently had great visit as well, I believe we lead for him at this point

Is he still headed to Alabama next week?

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Is he still headed to Alabama next week?

Haven’t heard an answer to that yet.. my guess is yes but I’m not worried about it. I was more “concerned” with OSU tbh. I think this is about as close as a guarantee as there is at this point 

Edited by Bdawg58
g-dawg and 95Dawg like this

2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Looks like we made a HUGE impression on Milton. Word is that he’s completely eliminated OSU and Bama. I think he’s in. Also, Sewell apparently had great visit as well, I believe we lead for him at this point

Awesome.  Thank you Bdawg!

Bdawg58 likes this

i agree on Milton..  i do enjoy bill k's osu updates for his board.. his delusion is so overwhelming..