Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Don't think this ish isn't intentional either. UF had a big decommitment tonight followed shortly by Braun publicly committing. That sound you heard was Kirby's nutsack smacking Dan in the face.

There's a whole thread on UF 247 about Rosemy heading down there for an official and about how it's probably just to **** with them right before he commits to UGA

It really has been coming off this cycle like Kirby has been making it a point to ***** slap Mullen after he got full of himself and start talking smack about UGA

The current word is 5 OL this cycle.

Jake Rowe said that his feeling was that Pittman would like to have 3 OTs, plus 1 interior guy, and one guy who could play inside or RT.

Going by that, Braun would fit the last description, and Pittman would still be looking for his 3rd OT, with Lindberg being a possible option there, but I'm sure he hasn't slowed down on Paris Johnson even in the slightest.

I'm also sure that Raym is at the top of our OG board, but that'd be a **** of a pull from OK, and could mean Oki heading elsewhere.

Be really interesting to see how this OL class closes out

Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

4 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

There's a whole thread on UF 247 about Rosemy heading down there for an official and about how it's probably just to **** with them right before he commits to UGA

It really has been coming off this cycle like Kirby has been making it a point to ***** slap Mullen after he got full of himself and start talking smack about UGA

:lol: It does for sure. I think it's *mostly* unintended and just happy accident. But I'm sure Kirby isn't actively working to not make UF look bad either...

6 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

I'm also sure that Raym is at the top of our OG board, but that'd be a **** of a pull from OK, and could mean Oki heading elsewhere.

Are we thinking Van Pran ultimately won't leave LA?

6 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

The current word is 5 OL this cycle.

Jake Rowe said that his feeling was that Pittman would like to have 3 OTs, plus 1 interior guy, and one guy who could play inside or RT.

but I'm sure he hasn't slowed down on Paris Johnson even in the slightest.

We can give up on Paris. Word is he's given our staff an official "no." Some chatter about Fields' camp instilling some concerns about genuineness of our coaching staff; at least according to Johnson's father on a trip to UGA since he asked our coaches about it and made it clear that was an issue. 

4 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Are we thinking Van Pran ultimately won't leave LA?

I don't know, but I find it hard to believe he'd be a take with out remaining targets on the board, unless we just missed on all of them

45 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Don't think this ish isn't intentional either. UF had a big decommitment tonight followed shortly by Braun publicly committing. That sound you heard was Kirby's nutsack smacking Dan in the face.

Only fitting that the movie “Get Hard” is on TV tonight 

UGA 2020 Class 5 LB Mekhail Sherman 5 OL Broderick Jones 4 OL Tate Ratledge 4 DL Jalen Carter 4 CB Jalen Kimber 4 QB Carson Beck 4 OL Akinola Ogunbiyi 4 DT Nazir Stackhouse 4 OL Josh Braun 4 WR Justin Robinson 4 DT Jamil Burroughs 4 DL Warren Brinson

36 minutes ago, ECDawg78 said:

m6OpjMo.gif

thank you so very much for that.. LOL 

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

i gotta say it was pretty deliberate.. talk about owning someone head to head.. lol 

39 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

:lol: It does for sure. I think it's *mostly* unintended and just happy accident. But I'm sure Kirby isn't actively working to not make UF look bad either...

mullen opened his mouth continually and kirby has had to deal with questions on it all offseason.. i am sure kirby is enjoying this.. LOL 

11 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

We're wearing you down on the idea of landing him lol

I did say my mind could change lol. Landing both has always been my hope, it just doesn't seem realistic to me at the moment. Stuff changes constantly in recruiting though. It's hard to doubt this staff on landing who they really make a priority. There have been a few misses but we are batting a very very high percentage.

And unlike last year, we have made it clear to all parties that we want 2 elite backs in this class. No chance of an Emery/Sanders mixup with trying to nail down a #1. No doubt the OL we have and continue to recruit so well makes it attractive for these RBs.

I'll have a smile stuck on my face for hours if we get commitments from both Evans and Milton lol

10 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I really think we land Evans and Milton... I’m in 90% on Milton and around 65%-70% on Evans. This could be a really fun class to watch grow

On the one hand, I'll believe it when I see it, but on the other hand, **** it's fun to think about what if lol

At very least, it really does come off like the staff is pretty **** confident in pulling both

This RB will probably be either very disappointing or one of the best ever

10 hours ago, Carter said:

No one I know and trust personally has heard anything at all about this.

Glad to hear it.  

So Rusty thinks there is at least one more who goes public in June and possibly two.  Would love to get Milton, or A rb on the board this month.  Seeing what Pittman is doing, I can't imagine a rb looking at a school with a more favorable wall in front of them.

Bdawg58 and sdogg like this

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

Didn't see the Braun news till this morning

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Image result for boom gif

where were you last night?  We were all here having a party.. LOLOL  :) sleeping is no excuse!!  hahaha jk

9 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

So Rusty thinks there is at least one more who goes public in June and possibly two.  Would love to get Milton, or A rb on the board this month.  Seeing what Pittman is doing, I can't imagine a rb looking at a school with a more favorable wall in front of them.

i don't see an offensive line coach and system that is more favorable to running backs than uga.  if I am a 5 star back i call another 5 star back and say "let's share carries like sony and chubb and win some titles".. 

10 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

if I am a 5 star back i call another 5 star back and say "let's share carries like sony and chubb and win some titles".. 

No doubt.

SacFalcFan likes this