Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Flowe and Simpson would be a dream LB class for me

but I'll believe we pull Flowe from the west coast when I see it

we are taking 1 of flowe, simplson or sewell.. i would like to take more lbs, but we might take an extra spot on the oline and dline and lb is an area we will take from. 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Dawgs seem to also be making a push for 4 star RB Jalen Berger out of Don Bosco Prep in New Jersey.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AwfAH

Interesting. Need to put some of these guys footage to watch altogether.. right off the first watch he doesn't jump out at me. 

Initial impressions are closer to a worse Brian Herrien. Not great vision or balance, clunky cuts, and runs into contact frequently. He seems like a guy who could be an interesting third down back due to threat to catch and seemingly consistent positive yardage gained... But unlikely to deliver much in the way of home runs... 

Just my impressions from first watch through fwiw.

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

we are taking 1 of flowe, simplson or sewell.. i would like to take more lbs, but we might take an extra spot on the oline and dline and lb is an area we will take from. 

Sounds logical. Somewhere someone mentioned us taking as many as 6 OL? That seems high in a class that likely caps out at 22-23 at the most... Particularly with our needs elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Sounds logical. Somewhere someone mentioned us taking as many as 6 OL? That seems high in a class that likely caps out at 22-23 at the most... Particularly with our needs elsewhere. 

your comment was dead on though regarding "likely caps out".. no one truly knows our final numbers.  i think we take 5 OL when we originally were looking at taking 4, but due to who we are in on I can see us taking 1 more (maybe a developmental guy who they believe has great upside, but isn't close to reaching that yet).  i think we take at least 6 DL.  

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

your comment was dead on though regarding "likely caps out".. no one truly knows our final numbers.  i think we take 5 OL when we originally were looking at taking 4, but due to who we are in on I can see us taking 1 more (maybe a developmental guy who they believe has great upside, but isn't close to reaching that yet).  i think we take at least 6 DL.  

Yeah, the number that was thrown around on DL was "4" but I think that was explicitly for recruits categorized as interior DL. From there, it's likely 1-2 pure DE prospects with a chance that some of those interior prospects shift outside once they end up on campus.

1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Jake Rowe on 247 swapped emails with UGA, and basically what he was told was that there is no rule controlling how many players you can sign in a class over multiple classes.

As far the "25" single class limit, he said that was basically fluid, and there were countless numerous factors (most if not all we are not privy to) affecting how closely teams had to adhere to that. Essentially, he said that the 85 rule is the only one that the NCAA really cares about and that the 25 rule is in place mostly just to keep teams from signing 30 players in a single cycle, and even if a team goes to 27 or 28, the NCAA tends to leave them alone as long as they stay under 85, and there are no other violations going on.

What all this boils down to, is that if Kirby wants to take 25 (maybe even more) in this cycle, he absolutely can.

3 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Interesting. Need to put some of these guys footage to watch altogether.. right off the first watch he doesn't jump out at me. 

Initial impressions are closer to a worse Brian Herrien. Not great vision or balance, clunky cuts, and runs into contact frequently. He seems like a guy who could be an interesting third down back due to threat to catch and seemingly consistent positive yardage gained... But unlikely to deliver much in the way of home runs... 

Just my impressions from first watch through fwiw.

I'll need to see how he improves this coming season to be impressed, honestly. Just find it interesting that he has surfaced as a target.

I don't know why we would go after him and not make Tank a priority. I am sky high on Tank. Rivals has him ranked the #1 athlete in the country and in line for a 5th star if he holds his ranking (he has moved up in the last 3 updates). 247 has him ranked top 50 nationally as a RB. Yet we have a bunch of fans acting like he's not that great and our standards are higher than him. It's ridiculous imo. Tank had a fantastic junior season, averaging more than 9 yards per carry on 238 carries and showing some potential as a receiving threat as well.

Maybe the staff feels they can slow play the in-state kid while they pursue these national recruits. I don't know. Tank is a great football player and might be the best skill position player in the state for 2020.

The staff will pursue Evans until the end and I don't have a problem with that if they like their chances. I'd be over the moon happy with Milton and Tank though. I don't see much difference in the 3 to be honest and I really feel like we're letting a great player in Tank get away from us.

Yeah, there are quite a few rb's I'd be happy with, paired with Evan's, or Milton.  I would be good with Tank, Gibbs, Edward's and maybe Chaney.  Would like to see them try and get back in with Lloyd, depending how things play out.

I just want (2) good rb’s in this class. That won’t  necessarily equate to how good they’ll be at college ball. Give me one bruiser and one cruiser! :D

On 6/6/2019 at 8:58 PM, VA F.O. said:

Flowe and Simpson would be a dream LB class for me

but I'll believe we pull Flowe from the west coast when I see it

I would be happy with any one of Simpson, Flowe, or Sewell.  If we got 2 out of those 3, that would be epic.

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Simpson is Barn bound. Not to fret, we're in good shape with our target there. 

Great get for them.

Any truth to the rumor that Tank is currently kicked out of his hs?  Saw someone post about it on 247.  

Trent Smallwood just put in his picks for RB Kendall Milton and OT Josh Braun to UGA. Been a lot of noise for Milton to the Buckeyes but Trent says he feels confident enough to make the prediction.

He also put in Trenton Simpson to Auburn.

AutumnEffect, Turkeydawg and 95Dawg like this

8 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Any truth to the rumor that Tank is currently kicked out of his hs?  Saw someone post about it on 247.  

Haven't heard anything about that. Seems weird that it would pop up in June. I'll see if I can dig up anything.

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 5,038 

For those that are huge Noah Sewell fans, this recruitment is getting interesting. I’m moving up the watch list based on today’s chatter. I’m hearing both Flowe and Sewell are equal in terms of staff going after them now. Tisdol remains a back up is leaning barn. There’s growing confidences that Sewell is more than just site seeing. Hearing staff is only inking 1 ILB this class, even at 25.

On Simpson, I’m reiterating he was priority, likely because of geography; we missed here because of depth chart concerns. I received a question “did we tell him no?” I haven’t heard anything to support that. He told us no by all accounts. We are not expecting him to keep his OV based on today’s chatter. Huge pickup for the barn.

12 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

No one I know and trust personally has heard anything at all about this.

Don't think this ish isn't intentional either. UF had a big decommitment tonight followed shortly by Braun publicly committing. That sound you heard was Kirby's nutsack smacking Dan in the face.

sdogg, 95Dawg, Carter and 7 others like this