Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

1995, I was in Okinawa with 4th Marines on Camp Schwab.  where were you at?

I was based at 29 Stumps (Palms). I was in Oki in 92. 

4 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

1995, I was in Okinawa with 4th Marines on Camp Schwab.  where were you at?

My dad was a Marine. I want to thank both you guys for your service! 

Turkeydawg, TheTrue7 and sdogg like this

McGowan to OU

Should take them out of the Evans sweepstakes (assuming they were ever actually even really in it, at least as a serious contender)

Leaves Ohio St, Alabama, and LSU as the potentials for him and for Milton both

That's pretty bad for Texas and Texas A&M if Evans, McClellan, and McGowan all go out of state

Sure this time last year they thought they were set up perfectly to pick of at least one dominant RB this cycle

19 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Leaves Ohio St, Alabama, and LSU as the potentials for him and for Milton both

*competition. :lol: left out an important word in there.

Also, tOSU insiders have said they are not in the running for Evans at all FWIW...

We're going to see how much they really care about this whole "package" thing

Alabama already has a RB from their St, while LSU is a shoo in for a big one in theirs

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

That's pretty bad for Texas and Texas A&M if Evans, McClellan, and McGowan all go out of state

Sure this time last year they thought they were set up perfectly to pick of at least one dominant RB this cycle

sounds like texas is putting in a lot of work with mcclellan trying to flip him..  it will be interesting to see if they can. 

4 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Sure hope we impress Noah Sewell on his visit next week.  I think it will be tough to pull him, but man, that kid is an absolute monster. 

Swell and Flowe it’s hard to choose which I want more at ILB because I’m not sure we can take both. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

sounds like texas is putting in a lot of work with mcclellan trying to flip him..  it will be interesting to see if they can. 

McClellan said we're his #2

He's on record that if ever something were to happen that changed his mind about OU, UGA would absolutely be his #1

47 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Swell and Flowe it’s hard to choose which I want more at ILB because I’m not sure we can take both. 

Flowe and Simpson would be a dream LB class for me

but I'll believe we pull Flowe from the west coast when I see it

Bdawg58 likes this

On 6/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, g-dawg said:

Fromm isn’t 6’2”.  He is gonna check in at the combine probably closer to 6’0”.

Got Brees frame

g-dawg likes this

5 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Bwahahahahahahhahaha lol

I doubt he is eligible no matter where he signs

SacFalcFan likes this

16 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

We're going to see how much they really care about this whole "package" thing

Alabama already has a RB from their St, while LSU is a shoo in for a big one in theirs

Pretty sure Bama will take a 2nd or 3rd RB that’s a 5-star and Top 5 player in the country.  Just like UGA would.   If not, Saban would just drop the lowest rated RB at the altar.

Should we REALLY believe Texas is out of the running for Zach Evans?  Top 5 list or not.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Pretty sure Bama will take a 2nd or 3rd RB that’s a 5-star and Top 5 player in the country.  Just like UGA would.   If not, Saban would just drop the lowest rated RB at the altar.

Has less to do with that and more to do with the roster situation for Evans. Didn't mean there's no chance he goes there but it's certainly less attractive as a destination compared to Athens...

14 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Has less to do with that and more to do with the roster situation for Evans. Didn't mean there's no chance he goes there but it's certainly less attractive as a destination compared to Athens...

Yeah, with the RB haul Bama(Sanders) and LSU (Emery/Davis) got in the 2019 class, and Dawgs just signing a lower 4-star RB Kenny McIntosh, you would think we would have the best combination of playing time/ability to start quicker - AND - best Offensive Line.

Sucks that Gurley's knee is flaring up arthritic, but with more emergence from Sony and Chubb - expect both to have huge years in the NFL - Swift and maybe Zeus to have big years for UGA - we should be the most attractive destination for EVANS and MILTON.   Dawgs are more running-back centric than either Bama or Ohio State.    I expect Justin Fields to have a big year for Buckeyes as that is a QB driven offense much moreso than UGAs.

Time for Kirby to use the Trey Sanders and Bama Depth Chart against Bama the way Saban used the "Elijah Holyfield coming back" whisper against Kirby.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:
  1. Yeah, with the RB haul Bama(Sanders) and LSU (Emery/Davis) got in the 2019 class, and Dawgs just signing a lower 4-star RB Kenny McIntosh, you would think we would have the best combination of playing time/ability to start quicker - AND - best Offensive Line.

Sucks that Gurley's knee is flaring up arthritic, but with more emergence from Sony and Chubb - expect both to have huge years in the NFL - Swift and maybe Zeus to have big years for UGA - we should be the most attractive destination for EVANS and MILTON.   Dawgs are more running-back centric than either Bama or Ohio State.    I expect Justin Fields to have a big year for Buckeyes as that is a QB driven offense much moreso than UGAs.

Time for Kirby to use the Trey Sanders and Bama Depth Chart against Bama the way Saban used the "Elijah Holyfield coming back" whisper against Kirby.

Evans and Milton aren't going to the same place IMHO... Hope we land Evans as our primary... 

1 minute ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Evans and Milton aren't going to the same place IMHO... Hope we land Evans as our primary... 

agreed - I still think it COULD happen, but betting on it would probably be a fools errand.   Agree that I would take Evans over Milton but would be happy with either.

If it is an "either/or" - who is the 2nd back?  Tank Bigsby?

24 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If it is an "either/or" - who is the 2nd back?  Tank Bigsby?

Sounds like we finally may have given him a committable offer at RB (previously was only offered as a DB) based on his most recent work out... Assuming he doesn't commit to USC in the near future, then he certainly could be one option... but Dell likely working overtime to try and find the best 2 possible... 

44 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I agree.  Wouldn't mind seeing us go hard after Gibbs as our #2, paired with one of the above.