Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

Well Donnell Harris has said he wants to go to Bama but he was told he isn't a take. UGA is his second choice from what someone tells me. So it looks like you guys are in the driver seat. Clemson is 3rd. Bama wouldn't take him cause he is too small. Kid shouldn't have reclassified to the 2020 class. Big mistake 

Bdawg58, RandomFan, Yo_Lover and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Well Donnell Harris has said he wants to go to Bama but he was told he isn't a take. UGA is his second choice from what someone tells me. So it looks like you guys are in the driver seat. Clemson is 3rd. Bama wouldn't take him cause he is too small. Kid shouldn't have reclassified to the 2020 class. Big mistake 

Seemed like a strange decision for sure... Curious if we'll have room for him in 2020 honestly. Is his 247 profile accurate height/weight wise? He seems destined for a LB role, rather than a DL spot unless his weight numbers are off by a fair amount. He doesn't look like he's going to put on 70-80 pounds of good weight any time soon and it's showing him at 210 right now?

I suppose with the AO decommitment, maybe we see a spot for a developmental high upside LB? But with limited room in this class, I'd question it.

12 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Seemed like a strange decision for sure... Curious if we'll have room for him in 2020 honestly. Is his 247 profile accurate height/weight wise? He seems destined for a LB role, rather than a DL spot unless his weight numbers are off by a fair amount. He doesn't look like he's going to put on 70-80 pounds of good weight any time soon and it's showing him at 210 right now?

I suppose with the AO decommitment, maybe we see a spot for a developmental high upside LB? But with limited room in this class, I'd question it.

Harris is a bonafide stud playmaker. He will be a very good player for some team. But it might take a year or two. Probably two since he will graduate at 16 I believe 

VA F.O. and fibonaccisquared like this

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Harris is a bonafide stud playmaker. He will be a very good player for some team. But it might take a year or two. Probably two since he will graduate at 16 I believe 

All of the articles written about him are grading him out at DL.. in your opinion is his frame going to bulk up to DL size (albeit maybe in a year or more) or more likely to be in that 230-250 range at OLB in a 3-4? Just curious what UGA would be taking him as... if it's OLB with elite DL "upside", I could see us doing that... If we think he maxes out at OLB, I'd be surprised to see us taking a 2 year project at OLB given how well we recruit the position... But obviously, I'm not the one making those calls. :lol: 

youngbloodz likes this

11 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

All of the articles written about him are grading him out at DL.. in your opinion is his frame going to bulk up to DL size (albeit maybe in a year or more) or more likely to be in that 230-250 range at OLB in a 3-4? Just curious what UGA would be taking him as... if it's OLB with elite DL "upside", I could see us doing that... If we think he maxes out at OLB, I'd be surprised to see us taking a 2 year project at OLB given how well we recruit the position... But obviously, I'm not the one making those calls. :lol: 

He definitely has the frame to add weight. Most of your south Florida kids aren't maxed out because Florida doesn't spend money in athletics like Georgia,Texas,California does. The private schools do but not the public schools. I see him as a 4-3 DE in the NFL. But as a college player I can see him as a 3-4 olb. But I expect him to get up to 250lbs in college 

95Dawg and fibonaccisquared like this

58 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He definitely has the frame to add weight. Most of your south Florida kids aren't maxed out because Florida doesn't spend money in athletics like Georgia,Texas,California does. The private schools do but not the public schools. I see him as a 4-3 DE in the NFL. But as a college player I can see him as a 3-4 olb. But I expect him to get up to 250lbs in college 

yep one big reason i love florida kids especially south florida kids because they are further from their top potential than kids from other states.. 

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep one big reason i love florida kids especially south florida kids because they are further from their top potential than kids from other states.. 

Because all most schools do is focus on speed.  They don’t take weight training seriously,

youngbloodz and SacFalcFan like this

5 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Hope you are right about Raym, but all 12 cb picks on 247 have been for OU, including Wiltfong, but Wiltfong’s was back in March which I think was before he visited us.  

Indications are that as recently as a month ago, no one, no one, thought Raym would go anywhere but OU, but then, again allegedly do to the disparity in how hard Pittman was recruiting him and making him feel wanted vs how hard OU was recruiting him, he did what no one thought he would, he took visits, essentially looking for reasons to go elsewhere. Now, in just over a month's time all of a sudden, OU is feeling nervous and unsure, something I'm sure they didn't even think could happen with their confidence in landing Raym. 

I'd bet about now OU is feeling regret that they didn't treat him the same as any other top recruit. If they land him, all will be forgiven, and they'll all let out a huge sigh of relief, but if not, this will be one of the biggest recruiting fails in OU recent history.

Oh, and fwiw, Michigan thinks it's between them and us for Raym, while OU thinks it's us and them.

5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Is the reclassification official? Last I heard it was still not set in stone he could pull it off

If he does reclassify, where would you place him in the composite rankings for 2020, in your personal opinion?

3 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Is the reclassification official? Last I heard it was still not set in stone he could pull it off

If he does reclassify, where would you place him in the composite rankings for 2020, in your personal opinion?

He said he is reclassifying. To me he would still be the best player in the state of Florida in 2020. I love his potential. He does need to gain weight and get stronger but someone is getting a stud

Gamecock fans seem to think that Myles Murphy is leaning towards them.  Anyone heard that?  I thought he was all Clemson.

17 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Gamecock fans seem to think that Myles Murphy is leaning towards them.  Anyone heard that?  I thought he was all Clemson.

Different myles

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

His next run was the 4.35... this kid is special, definitely a game changer 

If he can cover the grass like the dew while maintaining that speed to the NFL combine - he will be a Top 10 pick.

Bdawg58 likes this

21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If he can cover the grass like the dew while maintaining that speed to the NFL combine - he will be a Top 10 pick.

Top 5 pick lol.. I’m really high on this kid. 6’2 205 with 4.3 speed and can cover is near unheard of