Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

For the record, I’m not saying Turkeydawg is wrong per say, I’m just saying every insider that I have heard from says completely opposite. I do think Tennessee is second for Gilbert but I think the gap is bigger than a couple of HS buddy’s being at UTjr. My guess is he will announce at some point this summer before the season starts

I agree.. I don't see Arik not ending up at UGA.  I don't think it's close to 50/50.  Regarding BJ, UGA isn't recruiting him much at all.. he is way down our list.  

1 hour ago, MattyIceonTap said:

Thought this satirical article about how Spurrier might talk to Mullen about how things are going in Gainesville was pretty funny. https://www.dawgsports.com/2019/6/3/18651162/dan-and-steve-have-a-conversation-gators-eat-boogers

Its funny everybody pretends like Spurrier didn’t care about recruiting but some of his classes in the late 90’s were loaded. 

he didn't care that much about recruiting.  spurrier didn't put in a lot of effort there, instead he hired a staff who did the majority of the work.  that state of florida was much different then and it was a big reason florida was at the level they were at.   the amount of instate talent was great and outside programs had a harder time going into that state and getting players out.  you could say florida like fsu and miami recruited itself during that time.  after florida got stomped by nebraska spurrier knew he needed to upgrade his defensive talent and brought in bob stoops who did the heavy lifting and really did a lot to setup those recruiting class before he left 3 years later to oklahoma.  spurrier would have won a lot more titles had he put more effort into recruiting.. 1 title the entire time at florida was a good job, but he should have won multiple titles.  thanks for posting though above.. it is quite funny.  i do laugh though at mullet for ho whe wants to try and make florida relevant again with his post season attacks on UGA, but instead it seems childish and stupid.. mullet knows UGA is the team in the east and possibly the country and he is so desperate to put florida in the spotlight.  lol 

46 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i do laugh though at mullet for ho whe wants to try and make florida relevant again with his post season attacks on UGA, but instead it seems childish and stupid.. mullet knows UGA is the team in the east and possibly the country and he is so desperate to put florida in the spotlight.  lol 

In Texas I think the expression for it is “All hat, no cattle.” Or “fake it till you make it.”

3 minutes ago, MattyIceonTap said:

In Texas I think the expression for it is “All hat, no cattle.” Or “fake it till you make it.”

so very true.. lol 

I think Gilbert will be a Dawg. We’re recruiting a number of great looking prospects at TE though so whichever way it shakes out I’m good with it.

g-dawg likes this

9 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Pic of Beck's ht compared to Fromm

9264542.png

Fromm isn’t 6’2”.  He is gonna check in at the combine probably closer to 6’0”.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

48 minutes ago, sdogg said:

All that's awesome, but it means NT or bust. Time to take the gloves off. 

Man it is going to be amazing to experience that. I haven't had one of my teams win the championship in my lifetime since the Braves did it... and I was like 12 when that happened. Dawgs and Falcons have been so close on several occasions, only to have it ripped away at the end. It's gonna feel good when we get over that hump.

sdogg, Wardog357 and 95Dawg like this

Damieon George commits to Alabama

Alabama going for the package deal to get Evans

Not a chance in **** that kid is a take, or has a committable offer if Evans goes elsewhere 

(no offense meant to George but...yeah)

41 minutes ago, Carter said:

Man it is going to be amazing to experience that. I haven't had one of my teams win the championship in my lifetime since the Braves did it... and I was like 12 when that happened. Dawgs and Falcons have been so close on several occasions, only to have it ripped away at the end. It's gonna feel good when we get over that hump.

I am 43.  I was alive for the 1980 championship but I was 4.  the 1995 championship, I was on ship on deployment and did not get to see those games.  I have never seen a championship in our major sports.  The Atlanta United was a nice taste but I want the whole meal.    

Carter, sdogg, Ovie_Lover and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I was around for UGA ( Herschel ) and the braves. But that’s been a long time ago! Time to represent! 

Carter, sdogg and g-dawg like this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

I was 9 when the Dawgs won in 80. I was in the Marines when the Braves were playing in the WS. During the WS my unit was out in the field, so I missed the first 5 games. But the morning of game 6, I came down with the flu and got a medevac to the base hospital and was able to catch the game. Getting the flu paid off. 

95Dawg, Wardog357 and Carter like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, sdogg said:

I was 9 when the Dawgs won in 80. I was in the Marines when the Braves were playing in the WS. During the WS my unit was out in the field, so I missed the first 5 games. But the morning of game 6, I came down with the flu and got a medevac to the base hospital and was able to catch the game. Getting the flu paid off. 

That's a better story than me being in Kuwait, watching the Dawgs lose to Tech in 2008 right before I got on a flight into Iraq for a year.

Edited by Carter
helicopter was a different time :(
Wardog357, MemphibianDawg and sdogg like this

I was alive for the 1980 championship but in a different country and didn't even know what football was. I was living in Russell Hall when Cabrera knocked in Bream in the 1992 NLCS. That turned into a wild night quick. And I was working in Athens during the 1995 championship. That was a strange Saturday. Dawgs had just had half a hundred hung on them by Spurrier in Sanford and then the Braves finally gave us something to cheer about.

Carter likes this

11 hours ago, sdogg said:

1995, I was in Okinawa with 4th Marines on Camp Schwab.  where were you at?

Wardog357 likes this