Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

292 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Manuel wont have the grades from what I'm hearing. Xzavier is going to Clemson more than likey. Arian Smith has crazy speed. I like Rosemy more. But Xzavier Henderson is a stud. But Manuel isnt comparable to any of those players especially Marcus Rosemy. 

manuel is going to juco.. i know it's early to say that, but he has pretty much no chance to qualify.  if he does qualify a lot will have to chance with him.. he has other issues as well, but that is the primary problem.. I love Rosemy.  adding him to justin robinson and cowen or henning would be a nice haul at wr.. 

D.Wellons form DawgInsiders.com with his forecast today

BURCH- cloudy
EVANS-cloudy
RINGO-sunny 
WASHINGTON- cloudy
GILBERT-sunny
MILTON-sunny
ROSEMY-sunny
RAYM-sunny
VAN PRAN-sunny
WALKER- sunny
COWAN-cloudy
FLOWE-cloudy
SEWELL--rainy
HENNING-rainy
WHITEHEAD-cloudy
CONYERS-sunny
BIGSBY-cloudy

Edited by mike teevee

5 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

there were rumors dexter was considering decommitting, but he backed off that.  i am hoping we can flip him.. i really like cowan a lot, but would take dexter easy over him. 

If the rumors are accurate regarding both Stackhouse (playing the recruiting game too much to the point of losing his spot) and Burroughs (greatest comeback of all time required to qualify), would Dexter really be an either/or with Cowan? It feels like we need a minimum of 4 DL... if we don't have a good read on Burch, I'd really like to see some quality additions start to make it onto the list?

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

manuel is going to juco.. i know it's early to say that, but he has pretty much no chance to qualify.  if he does qualify a lot will have to chance with him.. he has other issues as well, but that is the primary problem.. I love Rosemy.  adding him to justin robinson and cowen or henning would be a nice haul at wr.. 

But you know UF will accept his commitment because it will boost their rankings lol

RxDawg likes this

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

If the rumors are accurate regarding both Stackhouse (playing the recruiting game too much to the point of losing his spot) and Burroughs (greatest comeback of all time required to qualify), would Dexter really be an either/or with Cowan? It feels like we need a minimum of 4 DL... if we don't have a good read on Burch, I'd really like to see some quality additions start to make it onto the list?

Wait a minute, Jamil Burroughs isn’t gonna qualify?

That would take us down to just Carter & Brinson as commits and no other targets much above 50% chance at this time, right?

Defensive Line recruiting - arggh!

4 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Dexter has more in common wi.th Cowan as a player than he does Stackhouse

We seem (to me) to be looking for a NT, 2 DTs, a SDE type, and a stand up edge rusher

We're clearly pushing for Burch to be that stand up edge rusher, as that's what he's said we're pitching him, since he also doesn't want to play 3-4 DE either.

Dexter, Cowan, and Jay Hardy are similar types, despite what they may each be classified as on recruiting sites. I really think we'd already have Cowan committed and maybe even Jay Hardy if it weren't for our confidence in flipping Dexter.

Going by those numbers, Stackhouse has already lost his spot. He lost it when Brinson committed. Brinson is our 2nd DT, and Stackhouse will have to decommit to make room for our SDE type, but the staff doesn't really have to push him out since the Dexter recruitment will take some time still.

As for Burroughs, that's more of a 1v1 switch, but similar to Dexter, his "replacement" in Smith is still and "in proccess" recruitment, but for sure at some point this season, the coaches will have to have a heart to heart with him about his academics, and his future with UGA.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Wait a minute, Jamil Burroughs isn’t gonna qualify?

That would take us down to just Carter & Brinson as commits and no other targets much above 50% chance at this time, right?

Defensive Line recruiting - arggh!

Where are you getting that number? I assure you the staff is far more confident in our remaining targets than that

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

Where are you getting that number? I assure you the staff is far more confident in our remaining targets than that

I have zero doubt we will meet our quota for the position - I have faith in the staff.   I don’t have to tell you the interior DLine has been the biggest challenge the last 4yr cycle.

By the time this recruiting scuttlebutt gets back to us, Kirby and Staff are onto the next targets - so, of course your point above is correct.

Guess I am just blowing off steam out loud.   Sorry.

While an alumnus and almost life long fan, I don't have any sources and don't subscribe to the pay sites, do dependent on guys like you, Sac, Bdawg, RandomFan and others that have access to more information.

As for Joseph, (as long as he's going to qualify of course) he presents a very interesting option for our staff this cycle.

If you recall that post I made about teams and the "25" rule, teams could "get away" with playing with it to some degree, and this could be one of those ways.

Since Joseph was originally part of one of our classes, he would not count toward this cycle's 25, meaning that, as long as we had room for him in the 85, we would be able to take him as a sort of "extra man"

Basically we could take as many players as we think the NCAA will let us get away with in this class, be it 23, 24, or 25, and then also take Joseph, without it counting against us for the 25 rule.

This way we could take 3 DBs (2 CBs and a S) instead of 4, use that extra spot for a player at another position, and still take Joseph to fill that 2nd safety spot.

Joseph becomes the 26th recruit

Bdawg58 likes this

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I have zero doubt we will meet our quota for the position - I have faith in the staff.   I don’t have to tell you the interior DLine has been the biggest challenge the last 4yr cycle.

By the time this recruiting scuttlebutt gets back to us, they are onto the next targets - so, of course your point above is correct.

Guess I am just blowing off steam out loud.   Sorry 

I feel pretty good about last year's dl class.

g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

By the time this recruiting scuttlebutt gets back to us, Kirby and Staff are onto the next targets - so, of course your point above is correct.

Guess I am just blowing off steam out loud.   Sorry 

From all reports, the player who is most accurately represented by that number would be Burch. The kid is like Gilbert, and by all reports, just doesn't talk basically at all, making him really difficult to get a read on.

As for the other targets, we could probably take Cowan now if we wanted him, but the staff wants more time to land Dexter, confidence seems to be high on landing Timothy Smith.

If we land Smith and Dexter, no one will (should) be complaining about losing Stackhouse and Burroughs. Dexter is a far better player than Stackhouse (though their positions aren't exactly the same), and Timothy Smith is a monster. I'd take him a thousand times over Burroughs as a prospect.

Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

25 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Dexter has more in common with Cowan as a player than he does Stackhouse

We seem (to me) to be looking for a NT, 2 DTs, a SDE type, and a stand up edge rusher

We're clearly pushing for Burch to be that stand up edge rusher, as that's what he's said we're pitching him, since he also doesn't want to play 3-4 DE either.

Dexter, Cowan, and Jay Hardy are similar types, despite what they may each be classified as on recruiting sites. I really think we'd already have Cowan committed and maybe even Jay Hardy if it weren't for our confidence in flipping Dexter.

Going by those numbers, Stackhouse has already lost his spot. He lost it when Brinson committed. Brinson is our 2nd DT, and Stackhouse will have to decommit to make room for our SDE type, but the staff doesn't really have to push him out since the Dexter recruitment will take some time still.

As for Burroughs, that's more of a 1v1 switch, but similar to Dexter, his "replacement" in Smith is still and "in proccess" recruitment, but for sure at some point this season, the coaches will have to have a heart to heart with him about his academics, and his future with UGA.

The one here that I find most interesting was the staff's seeming choice of Brinson over Stackhouse. Now, I understand that Stackhouse is looking around, and Brinson is willing to shut it down, but I still don't think the staff would make this kind of move, if they weren't confident that Brinson was at least on the same level, talent wise, as Stackhouse.

I'll be very interested to see how their senior seasons go, and where each of their final rankings end up.

50 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Bigsby is in Athens today

Word is Tank got kicked out of Callaway for fighting. If true he might face some problems with credits. Hopefully it's just a rumor though

g-dawg and Wardog357 like this

39 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Word is Tank got kicked out of Callaway for fighting. If true he might face some problems with credits. Hopefully it's just a rumor though

i have seen that rumor on boards, but haven't seen anyone who could substantiate it..  i doubt he would be on campus at UGA if that truly was the case (or we were comfortable with the situation being resolved and have assurances of it).. the same goes for him visiting as much as he has this summer.  UGA has passed on guys for less.