Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

:lol: :lol: Bama fans are convinced they have him. Yeah expect him to commit before July to the good guys.  

If Joseph re-commits to UGA, can you re-run the Hitler and his Generals scene? :D

Bdawg58 likes this

i would get corey wren in a heartbeat.. legit sub 4.4 speed..  get him for our slot position. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

i would get corey wren in a heartbeat.. legit sub 4.4 speed..  get him for our slot position. 

:lol: Just watched his highlight tape on his 247 profile... that truck at 1:15... Pretty sure he took that dude's manhood.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ApcbH

Do we think we'll take a pure slot guy this season, and does he have enough footage in the receiving game? Most of the film I see is at RB.

36 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

:lol: Just watched his highlight tape on his 247 profile... that truck at 1:15... Pretty sure he took that dude's manhood.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ApcbH

Do we think we'll take a pure slot guy this season, and does he have enough footage in the receiving game? Most of the film I see is at RB.

yep we are taking a true slot this year and if it's not henning (which it won't be) then it will be wren.. we want one more boundary guy and a slot guy.. rosemy and wren should be our 2 pickups and then we are done at wr.. 

10 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep we are taking a true slot this year and if it's not henning (which it won't be) then it will be wren.. we want one more boundary guy and a slot guy.. rosemy and wren should be our 2 pickups and then we are done at wr.. 

I'd be good with Henning, or Wren.

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

I'd be good with Henning, or Wren.

i think henning ends up at michigan or penn state.. he liked our visit, but i see him staying up north.. 

2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

:lol: :lol: Bama fans are convinced they have him. Yeah expect him to commit before July to the good guys.  

i thought it was interesting his UGA visit was pretty quiet until today.  if we want him we will get him.. bama guys are confident they get everyone, but that hasn't happened in years. 

Posted (edited)

News from DawgNation:

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 
This weekend was a hone run again.  Best recruiting staff in the country and it’s not close.

Obviously they aced the weekend with the #1 target at RB in Milton.  We have mentioned here he’s been #1 the entire cycle and was treated as such.   It wasn’t as easy as I thought it was going to be but nevertheless our pick remains for Milton to be a Dawg. (He later clarified it wasn't sewn up as early in the process as initially expected months ago). 

There isn’t a lot of “stories to follow here” on Evans.  Behind the scenes, staff feels very confident, as do we.  There are things we can’t post but our confidence is very high here.  The #1 target in Milton will likely announce before August.  The #2 target in Evans we expect to go into the season regardless if you hear an announcement to bama in summer.  Again, our pick here is that Evans too will choose UGA.  For the record, this will be the third year in a row, portions of the fan base has questioned staff.  Those that do should probably chill going forward.

OL-too much to type but Pittman is literally picking his choices.  There was surprising news that came up this weekend with a target that had moved on from UGA that spoke with staff this weekend but ultimately we think it’s too late and there’s 1 spot left (strongly hinted that this is Paris, the OSU commit) and my pick is on SVP based on forecasted need.  It’s important to note that Clay Webb is not being groomed to play center currently to better understand reasoning here and why SVP is a priority.  Raym visit again hit a home run.  This will be Pittmans choice and we don’t know who it’ll be.  If 2 spots, add both Raym and SVP to class.

I Have to eat some crow here on Trenton Simpson.  This decision wasn’t exactly him telling staff no.  He was slow played and I’ll leave it at that, so apparently we had that board shuffle wrong.  We now project Sewell to be the front runner for the position.

WR appears set and will be full by season’s start.  We expect both Rosemy and Henning to complete class.  Henning has the blessing of Kirby himself and Kirby loves the kid.  An announcement on Rosemy pushed back from this weekend in chatter but when he does decide, we like the Dawgs for pick.  That decision still feels imminent.

DL-no new news.  A certain commit went back to AU this week, not a surprise. (He never says, but this is regarding Stackhouse, who is working on losing his spot due to not shutting his recruitment down)  I’d expect it has to be officially over now.  The number is 5.  With Burch it is a blind faith situation we don’t have an update.  We were told Dexter would visit in July for an unofficial.  Let’s see if he makes that trip.  We’re unsure what that changes if he wants in but something to watch as it’s early.

TE-shared this weekend Gilbert is the priority in state talent, but the board is even (evenly evaluated players among our top 3 to 4 TE options).  We don’t think spots are being held here.  First two to decide situation with Washington already announcing he’s going into the season, possibly ESD.  OV is ND game and staff is working on getting him to campus prior.  FTR, we still project Gilbert in class along with Theo Johnson.  I think both will pop before Washington.

DB-Evals for 3rd DB continues but Avantae Williams remains our choice here.  He is a replacement for LeCounte and it’s easy to see how staff is operating at this point.

Yeah going to hold it close for now on OL.  I will add that Pittman moved on from Rodgers while he was on campus.  That should speak volumes and I’m unsure why Rodgers continues to be brought up here but he will not be in class.  SVP is my pick here but Raym’s interest is extremely high and mutual.  I bet OU fans want to lock Pittman in a dark basement right about now.

I tend to not post on targets that I don’t expect to be in the class for whatever reason (not leading, backup plan etc.).  I think Carr fits here.  Great visit but he’s got desires to play b-ball and wants to be a WR.  WR is set and TEs we have clear priorities.  We’ll see what happens here but for now, I think he stays closer to his home.

We set the tone with physicality every game and Milton fits that role better than anyone in this class.  Evans will get equal opportunities but Milton will likely start the games.  In addition we will have Mcintosh who will be a factor.

We believe these RBs understand the big picture of limiting wear and tear, while having enough experience to prime themselves for the NFL.  It only takes one money year, see Josh Jacobs this year and he shared the wealth.

We anticipate both Milton and Evans choosing UGA.  Backup options to Evans; maybe I should say paired options with Milton include:  Chaney, Lloyd, Edwards, Bigsby.  Most important thing is that we’re in a great spot with our top priority.

And then from Jeff Sentell over there in another thread:

JeffSentell Posts: 3,362 admin
8:57AM edited 8:59AM

Hmm. Let's see the best way to put this one after this weekend. .......

I do think this class will include SIX offensive linemen. That has been the internal thought for awhile now.

Watch how this stuff shakes out.

Keep saying this a lot and will likely keep saying this as long as I am on this beat: Pittman basically just selects his guys AND then his guys help with the other guys.

Watch that SVP visit in July. Another unofficial.

I'll come back to something I said in a previous post today here: I do think the class will stretch to six offensive lineman due to a couple of factors that I will not go into great length here at this time. When it does, it will make sense.

If the OL board does stick at five guys, then it might just be a matter of the first one to commit over the next 1-2 months.

JeffSentell Posts: 3,362 admin
12:11PM edited 12:41PM

In regard to Andrew Raym......

I'd expect this "pull" here for Mr. Pittman to be a lot like Tate Ratledge.

Switch out "Tennessee" for "Oklahoma" and it is a similar story.

Keep coming back to what Raym has told me for awhile now. Pittman is basically the only recruiter he talks to at length.

They discuss more than football in those talks. In the end, I feel those are the elements it all comes down to when it comes to the moments which trigger where a prospect ultimately winds up.

That's my $0.02 there.

The player parallel here with Raym is Isaiah Wynn. Can play all over the line. Especially at OT, too. Got a lot of Cade Mays in him, too. Physical player who likes to punish folks. Very good 2-sport athlete (baseball) at that.

Oh, and regarding Marshawn Lloyd:

Edited by RandomFan

we will see on henning.. i don't see that happening, but hope I am wrong.  either henning or wren would be a great addition for the slot. 

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

@RandomFan thank you!!!!

any mention of Ringo of late?

Ringo is a silent, he could pull the trigger at any moment. And RandomFan the only thing I disagree with SoFl dawg is at TE. We are holding a spot for Gilbert, but other than that it’s pretty much what I’ve heard 

AutumnEffect and g-dawg like this

5 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

yeah bama fans also believe Kirby is losing instate in Georgia and has lost this state.. LOL  

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

we will see on henning.. i don't see that happening, but hope I am wrong.  either henning or wren would be a great addition for the slot. 

Yeah, I think Henning is going to Michigan. 

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Ringo is a silent, he could pull the trigger at any moment. And RandomFan the only thing I disagree with SoFl dawg is at TE. We are holding a spot for Gilbert, but other than that it’s pretty much what I’ve heard 

yep.. heard the same thing here regarding Gilbert.. he has a spot and we will take 1 other TE so it's first come first serve for the 2nd spot.  

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Yeah, I think Henning is going to Michigan. 

i believe the same thing.  

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

yeah bama fans also believe Kirby is losing instate in Georgia and has lost this state.. LOL  

Lol, they are delusional. Yes we’ve lost some players (Murphy) but sometimes your just not going to be able to overcome certain things, scheme in this situation.  

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Lol, they are delusional. Yes we’ve lost some players (Murphy) but sometimes your just not going to be able to overcome certain things, scheme in this situation.  

well they took washington and were like "we beat kirby for him".. lol  i just laugh.. 

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

News from DawgNation:

And then from Jeff Sentell over there in another thread:

Oh, and regarding Marshawn Lloyd:

I don't expect Lloyd in this class but I don't expect him in South Carolina's either 

from luke stampini..  regarding rosemy.  lol 

UF needs a win really bad here or at least Rosemy taking his time before committing so this visit becomes a distant memory to most.

I went to a spring practice at STA and everyone was saying UGA was where he was going. And only way Ohio State, considered the early favorite, could sway him was knocking a campus visit out of the park, but it doesn't appear an OSU visit will happen. UF was never really mentioned by people around STA back in mid-May.

Perception is reality. Especially if the rumors of Mullen flipping out after Beck commitment, rumor that UF thought they had Braun locked up are true. Add to that, UGA swiping perhaps an elite DL from state of FL.

Again, Rosemy as a player and individual loss isn't a huge deal. I think Arian Smith and Xzavier Henderson have higher upside. Leonard Manuel is comparable.

BUT, if he takes an OV to UF and then commits to UGA shortly thereafter, it again will not be a good look.

Potentially landing Gervon Dexter could help to explain why we've been seemingly slow playing Cowan 

37 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

from luke stampini..  regarding rosemy.  lol 

UF needs a win really bad here or at least Rosemy taking his time before committing so this visit becomes a distant memory to most.

I went to a spring practice at STA and everyone was saying UGA was where he was going. And only way Ohio State, considered the early favorite, could sway him was knocking a campus visit out of the park, but it doesn't appear an OSU visit will happen. UF was never really mentioned by people around STA back in mid-May.

Perception is reality. Especially if the rumors of Mullen flipping out after Beck commitment, rumor that UF thought they had Braun locked up are true. Add to that, UGA swiping perhaps an elite DL from state of FL.

Again, Rosemy as a player and individual loss isn't a huge deal. I think Arian Smith and Xzavier Henderson have higher upside. Leonard Manuel is comparable.

BUT, if he takes an OV to UF and then commits to UGA shortly thereafter, it again will not be a good look.

Manuel wont have the grades from what I'm hearing. Xzavier is going to Clemson more than likey. Arian Smith has crazy speed. I like Rosemy more. But Xzavier Henderson is a stud. But Manuel isnt comparable to any of those players especially Marcus Rosemy. 

Carter and fibonaccisquared like this

30 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Potentially landing Gervon Dexter could help to explain why we've been seemingly slow playing Cowan 

there were rumors dexter was considering decommitting, but he backed off that.  i am hoping we can flip him.. i really like cowan a lot, but would take dexter easy over him.