Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

Maybe Rusty is wrong, but again he stated that he sees Tennessee as the leader for Gilbert, after spending time with the Marietta team for most of Friday.  Tennessee continues to get him on campus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There’s definitely 2 completely different views on Gilbert. Guys on rivals are very confident on Gilbert and honestly don’t know who to believe at this point 

Edited by Bdawg58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Maybe Rusty is wrong, but again he stated that he sees Tennessee as the leader for Gilbert, after spending time with the Marietta team for most of Friday.  Tennessee continues to get him on campus. 

I know Rusty is big proponent of "follow the visits", I don't have any insider info but obviously he's been finding his way to UT a bunch with his QB being a commit and them possibly leading for BJ and I wanna say he hasn't visited us since G-Day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

I know Rusty is big proponent of "follow the visits", I don't have any insider info but obviously he's been finding his way to UT a bunch with his QB being a commit and them possibly leading for BJ and I wanna say he hasn't visited us since G-Day. 

Yep.  And Pruitt is a **** of a recruiter, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yep.  And Pruitt is a **** of a recruiter, too.

This is more peer pressure than Pruitt doing anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilbert has been on campus at least 3 times since G-day but his visits to TN are more talked about. Some of the insiders I’ve messaged are really confident and also Rivals mods are too. Like I said at this point I think it’s still a UGA lean but who knows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to remember, Gilbert can drive over to Athens and nobody know because of how close he lives. Most of his trips are on early to midweek type deals with nobody but family with him. 

Ransack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Gilbert has been on campus at least 3 times since G-day but his visits to TN are more talked about. Some of the insiders I’ve messaged are really confident and also Rivals mods are too. Like I said at this point I think it’s still a UGA lean but who knows 

A lot of guys make it to Athens and it's never publicly known which is a far cry from how it used to be. That said Rusty usually has the best sources but he's not 100% all the time. Things change depending on who he talks to. He usually talks to the Kang right before camp starts so that's the update I'm looking for to get he full picture. Last year Rusty did an about face after that convo and started talking up the class big time.

Bdawg58 and fibonaccisquared like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ransack said:

A lot of guys make it to Athens and it's never publicly known which is a far cry from how it used to be. That said Rusty usually has the best sources but he's not 100% all the time. Things change depending on who he talks to. He usually talks to the Kang right before camp starts so that's the update I'm looking for to get he full picture. Last year Rusty did an about face after that convo and started talking up the class big time.

Yep, if it weren’t Rusty Mansell I wouldn’t think twice but he has a good track record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilbert will go with his friends to Tennessee, but by multiple reports, the kid is just really difficult to get a read on personally, because he just never talks. I remember reading that he says maybe 10 words all day or something like that.

Again, his friends are going to Tennessee so there's every reason for him to go too, but that doesn't automatically mean they lead, and I really think that Rusty is inferring here rather than going based on things he's actually heard, which is a bit disingenuous on his part, and also kinda out of character for him, and I kinda wish he'd stop.

Bdawg58 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have a Dawgpost membership that can give us the gist of that Gilbert article they wrote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

You have to remember, Gilbert can drive over to Athens and nobody know because of how close he lives. Most of his trips are on early to midweek type deals with nobody but family with him. 

Maybe, but Rusty has more often than not, been in the know when these kinds of things happened.  Even Gilbert initially only was taking those UT visits to be with his friends, those are still visits that give that staff more time to work on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Maybe, but Rusty has more often than not, been in the know when these kinds of things happened.  Even Gilbert initially only was taking those UT visits to be with his friends, those are still visits that give that staff more time to work on him.

well Chaney rarely threw to the Tight Ends in his 3 years at UGA - so maybe we can use "Old UGA" against "New UGA" if we throw more this year and UT doesn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

well Chaney rarely threw to the Tight Ends in his 3 years at UGA - so maybe we can use "Old UGA" against "New UGA" if we throw more this year and UT doesn't. 

I was thinking the exact thing.

Wardog357 and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I was thinking the exact thing.

Coley to Gilbert and Gilbert family:   "I wanted to throw more to Tight Ends but Chaney wouldn't let me".  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Coley to Gilbert and Gilbert family:   "I wanted to throw more to Tight Ends but Chaney wouldn't let me".  :rolleyes:

Remember that one drive against UF where we just let Nauta drag his nuts across the Gators (maybe right before half iirc?)... I'd take credit for that if I were Coley too... :lol: 

g-dawg and Wardog357 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any more scuttle today on 247 or Rivals from MILTON OV?  I don't have the pay sites and know many of you do - saw on 247 there was some big write-up on the Milton OV but couldn't read it.   I know they did a poster of Milton w/ his dead grandfather over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a name we haven't discussed in a long time.  Wonder if we turned on the no vacancy sign 

Not sure if he's played any ball since HS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not on the roster at his school 

A lot of people questioning if he's even eligible for this class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read that Joseph has been in contact with our staff and was told by our staff that they expect him to be a Dawg.  Joseph said that right now UGA and Bama are neck and neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

any more scuttle today on 247 or Rivals from MILTON OV?  I don't have the pay sites and know many of you do - saw on 247 there was some big write-up on the Milton OV but couldn't read it.   I know they did a poster of Milton w/ his dead grandfather over him.

Only that the visit we’ll extremely well and UGA solidified themselves as the leader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

Only that the visit we’ll extremely well and UGA solidified themselves as the leader

"Tied" with Bama

Bdawg58 and 95Dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0