Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

June 2019 Recruiting Thread

675 posts in this topic

SouthJawgaBoy 682 posts

51 minutes agovia Mobile

-Andrew Raym loved his time and plans to visit again for ND game for his OV. His dad enjoyed the visit, and even mentioned the possibility of moving to the east coast if Andrew comes here. Andrew is still trying to decide if he’ll enroll early or play his last season of baseball. Kid helped get his team to the state championship in baseball and hit a homer in during the state finals this season, so it’s going to be a tough choice for him. Pitt LOVES this kid and is making him THE top priority right now.

-Chad Lindberg spent a lot of time with Owen Condon and Cade Mays this weekend, as well as Fromm. Think this one may come down to Texas-Georgia. Then it will be a matter of who we have on board. There’s only so many spots for the PittBoss.

-UGA is narrowing down the search for a kicker. Jared Zirkel is the one id expect in this class. He won the competition at kicking camp this weekend. He’s been on campus 3 times just since January. Mom loves UGA, and his gf does too. She plans on following him to whatever school he goes to smh.

-2022 is a long ways away, but Khurtiss Perry, who UGA offered today, will be a big name. Always hard to pull guys out of that state next door, but Kirby and Co jumped on him early. Guy that trains him trained Mack Wilson (I believe it was Mack, but can’t remember 100% sure)and he told Schumann about him early on

-Henning OV went great. Not sure how we sit with him commitment wise, but the kid and his family have a good relationship with Hankton. If we don’t lock him down I think Wren would be next in line.

-Isaiah Wilson is 16% body fat and Ben Cleveland is at 14%. 

-Sedrick Van Pren plans to visit June 23rd.

-Trenton Simpson, Kendall Milton, and Josh Braun all plan to OV visit on June 14th- 16th. 

-Burroughs and Stackhouse might get dropped from this class. I’d place a bet that at least one of these guys won’t be in this class.

Javian Hester CB

Started By: Outkast15

From the OU insider to the dawgs. Didn’t know we was in on him. Hope we land him.

I’d hate to push Burroughs out since McEachern produces some big time players every year and Coach Stephens is about to take that place to a whole new level.

32 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I’d hate to push Burroughs out since McEachern produces some big time players every year and Coach Stephens is about to take that place to a whole new level.

I doubt we're pushing him out per se. As you said, that's to risky for in state players for us. More likely is that we're being honest with him about what we're seeing, of him, and what we're bringing in of other players both, and that we're simply not as in contact with him as we were.

We've heard this said in past classes, but our staff isn't just doing this to get better players on their board. They want to be honest with these kids throughout the process, and if your evaluation of a kid changes, the worst thing you could do for that kid, would be to say nothing, and let them rot at the back of our depth chart.

It's harsh, and surely at least somewhat self serving, but that's recruiting. 

31 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Sounds like the Burroughs issue is classroom related.

Yeah, same guy from above posted that, and came here to say same. 

Exact words were "comeback of the century" if he qualifies 

fibonaccisquared likes this

On 6/2/2019 at 5:53 PM, VA F.O. said:

This class could have the fewest number of players from GA in UGA history

Looking more and more like we might have less than 5

We might need to get use to this cause Georgia is a national brand now a Days. You see a lot more out of state prospects name Georgia in their top what ever number schools. It’s defi a good thing. 

Posted (edited)

On 6/2/2019 at 5:53 PM, VA F.O. said:

This class could have the fewest number of players from GA in UGA history

Looking more and more like we might have less than 5

Not terribly surprising. Somewhat limited talent in state at the positions of biggest need. Murphy going elsewhere for example impacts the end results as we look outside the state to bolster that group. RB2 was an area I thought we might take a Georgia guy but so far seems like we're focused on out of state primarily. Still time for things to shake out though. 

Edited by fibonaccisquared
Bdawg58 likes this

What is taking Arik Gilbert so long?  Is there a timetable or is he going all the way to December?(realize it is still incredibly early - but I am impatient :D)  Do you guys believe he is already a silent commit?

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What is taking Arik Gilbert so long?  Is there a timetable or is he going all the way to December?(realize it is still incredibly early - but I am impatient :D)  Do you guys believe he is already a silent commit?

Sounds like he isn't deciding soon and we aren't in as good of a spot with him as we were a few months back, per 247.

*** Rusty said it's now a 50/50 battle with ut, where it was 70/30 in favor of uga a while back.

Edited by Turkeydawg

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Sounds like he isn't deciding soon and we aren't in as good of a spot with him as we were a few months back, per 247.

*** Rusty said it's now a 50/50 battle with ut, where it was 70/30 in favor of uga a while back.

uggh....sounds like that Marietta QB is doing work on Gilbert.

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

uggh....sounds like that Marietta QB is doing work on Gilbert.

And BJ Olujari might be headed to UT too.  So that would be 2 teammates.

I like Gilbert more on defense.  If we get one of Gilbert, Washington, or Johnson, we will be fine.

Gilbert is all Dawg... no worries there. Not buying the 50/50 between us and UT. Yes, he’s one of the silents. I’ve heard that there was a Rusty (not Mansell) analyst on UTjr 247 site that is spreading that UTjr is making ground, not true from nearly every other UGA insider I have heard from. Who really knows but I trust these insiders I’m hearing from

24 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I’m ok with BJ heading elsewhere.  He has never impressed me as high as his ranking.  Gilbert on the other hand has dominated everyone.

As for not taking a lot of Georgia kids, this year there isn’t the high end overall talent like normal. I mean it’s still deep in talent but we are looking for a specific type players. Kirby and co. are going to find the best fit wether they are in Georgia or in California. 

36 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Ramel Keyton is already up there too.

21 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Gilbert is all Dawg... no worries there. Not buying the 50/50 between us and UT. Yes, he’s one of the silents. I’ve heard that there was a Rusty (not Mansell) analyst on UTjr 247 site that is spreading that UTjr is making ground, not true from nearly every other UGA insider I have heard from. Who really knows but I trust these insiders I’m hearing from

Whew...Turkeydawg was scaring me.   Thought Gilbert recruitment was somewhat safe.

Of course they are 17/18yr old kids so nothing is ever really safe.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Whew...Turkeydawg was scaring me.   Thought Gilbert recruitment was somewhat safe.

Of course they are 17/18yr old kids so nothing is ever really safe.

For the record, I’m not saying Turkeydawg is wrong per say, I’m just saying every insider that I have heard from says completely opposite. I do think Tennessee is second for Gilbert but I think the gap is bigger than a couple of HS buddy’s being at UTjr. My guess is he will announce at some point this summer before the season starts

g-dawg and Porter Osborne Jr like this