• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Credit where it's due: over the past two months, AA's added four quality relievers and a former Cy Young-winning starter.  The opportunity cost was a former first round pick in Allard, Wentz, a d

Jon Morosi reporting the Braves are interested in Mike Minor.

Enough, guys. Don’t need to litter the thread with this. 

Posted Images

Credit where it's due: over the past two months, AA's added four quality relievers and a former Cy Young-winning starter. 

The opportunity cost was a former first round pick in Allard, Wentz, a disastrous reliever (Biddle), mercurial Winkler, an older A-Ball prospect, and a good player we couldn't keep (Demeritte).

Folks, that's really **** strong.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Still think he screwed the pooch basically punting every 5th day and every other 4th day.

I don't honestly believe that there's any sequence of events that could have pleased you. We just shortened our games to six innings. Those three relievers impact every game, not just the ones on days four and five.

Just now, jidady said:

Credit where it's due: over the past two months, AA's added four quality relievers and a former Cy Young-winning starter. 

The opportunity cost was a former first round pick in Allard, Wentz, a disastrous reliever (Biddle), mercurial Winkler, an older A-Ball prospect, and a good player we couldn't keep (Demeritte).

Shhhh.... You know he has been laying around playing Tetris and drinking beer not trying to improve the team.

38 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Melancon had full no trade protection. Could be getting an incentive to waive it.

The incentive is playing on a strong team headed to the playoffs. A team that will be even better next year with some of these young guys maturing. What the heck do they have in San Fran to keep you from waiving your no trade clause.

9 minutes ago, jidady said:

I don't honestly believe that there's any sequence of events that could have pleased you. We just shortened our games to six innings. Those three relievers impact every game, not just the ones on days four and five.

I'm very happy with what he did but just because I only trust 3 starters doesn't mean I wasn't happy about the bullpen additions.

But by all means think what you want.

You are also acting like they can pitch every game so the "shortening our games to 6 innings" is exactly correct. 

I'm seeing differing reports on the Shane Greene trade. This is from the Detroit News.

The Tigers had yet to confirm what they got back, but multiple media reports cited three players in the package:

► Left-handed pitcher Joey Wentz, the Braves No. 7-rated prospect, who is pitching in Double-A. 

► Left fielder Travis Demerrtte, a 2013 first round pick of the Rangers, who has found himself at age 25. He's got 20 home runs and a .994 OPS at Triple-A Gwinnett.

► Catcher-outfielder Alex Jackson, 23, and a former first-round pick of the Mariners in 2014, has 23 home runs and 53 RBIs at Gwinnett. 

Other sources only show Wentz and Demeritte.

23 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yep I've been hard on him, but he did great.  That's all I ask for, make the team better.  

16 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I'm seeing differing reports on the Shane Greene trade. This is from the Detroit News.

The Tigers had yet to confirm what they got back, but multiple media reports cited three players in the package:

► Left-handed pitcher Joey Wentz, the Braves No. 7-rated prospect, who is pitching in Double-A. 

► Left fielder Travis Demerrtte, a 2013 first round pick of the Rangers, who has found himself at age 25. He's got 20 home runs and a .994 OPS at Triple-A Gwinnett.

► Catcher-outfielder Alex Jackson, 23, and a former first-round pick of the Mariners in 2014, has 23 home runs and 53 RBIs at Gwinnett. 

Other sources only show Wentz and Demeritte.

Even if Alex Jackson is a part of the deal it's still a mega win for the Braves. But the John Ryan Murphy deal would have been to replace Jackson at Gwinnett if he was indeed in the deal.

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It's a question get your panties out of your vaginae.

I don't expect them to but not let's not act like everyone that this pitching coach has touched haven't regressed,  except for maybe 2 guys.

The only person in this entire thread who has sand in their vag is you. But that’s nothing new from the worst poster in this forum. You’re nothing if not consistent. You hate verything the Braves do, I don’t know if I have ever seen one positive post from you that didn’t include some snarky bs. Why do you bother? 

We wanted Greene in the winter, so I think we apparently saw this 2019 coming and might have some tips (yes, they're analytical tips) to help him at least continue being a good pitcher. I don't know about 1.18 though, but that 1.18 probably has memories of Prime Kimbrel dancing in a lot of people's heads.

Edited by VoiceofReason95
1 minute ago, Des-pool said:

The only person in this entire thread who has sand in their vag is you. But that’s nothing new from the worst poster in this forum. You’re nothing if not consistent. You hate verything the Braves do, I don’t know if I have ever seen one positive post from you that didn’t include some snarky bs. Why do you bother? 

LMAO you're full of **** or just stupid. I don't even know tf you are. 

But I do know you're a liar.

2 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

We wanted Greene in the winter, so I think we apparently saw this 2019 coming and might have some tips (yes, they're analytical tips) to help him at least continue being a good pitcher. I don't know about 1.18 though, but that 1.18 probably has memories of Prime Kimbrel dancing in a lot of people's heads.

He was also really good in 2017 too.