• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Credit where it's due: over the past two months, AA's added four quality relievers and a former Cy Young-winning starter.  The opportunity cost was a former first round pick in Allard, Wentz, a d

Jon Morosi reporting the Braves are interested in Mike Minor.

Enough, guys. Don’t need to litter the thread with this. 

Posted Images

If we arwnt going to get anyone substantial, meaning better than Joyce or Duvall, Id just as soon put Pache on the 40 man and give him a go. U normally see great young talents burst on the scene and provide a spark and then sometimes slump when folks get a book on them. Acuna, Albies, and now Riley have been through this. I only say that bc I dont believe they will get anything better than Joyce so why bother.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports that MLB will seek to push the trade deadline back to August 15 starting next season. GMs are expressing frustration over the slow trade market. Too many teams still in it and soaring prices. 

I don't get the soaring prices thing. I thought Stroman went for 70 cents on the dollar.

17 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports that the Braves are exploring the OF market with Markakis down and Riley struggling.

How about Shin Soo Choo, Danny Santana, or Delino DeShields? Texas is looking for young arms and I know they'd have to eat salary in Choo, but he's having a pretty good season and is signed through 2020.

I also heard the Braves may be looking at pitchers Mike Minor and Jose LeClerc.

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

How about Shin Soo Choo, Danny Santana, or Delino DeShields? Texas is looking for young arms and I know they'd have to eat salary in Choo, but he's having a pretty good season and is signed through 2020.

I also heard the Braves may be looking at pitchers Mike Minor and Jose LeClerc.

We are talking to you guys about Minor and LeClerc. We had Danny Santana for 2 years, he didnt do well here. He hit .199. Choo is interesting but you guys would have to eat almost all of that money. We need pitching so I dont think we'll take on much salary in the OF.

40 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

We are talking to you guys about Minor and LeClerc. We had Danny Santana for 2 years, he didnt do well here. He hit .199. Choo is interesting but you guys would have to eat almost all of that money. We need pitching so I dont think we'll take on much salary in the OF.

Agreed, Choo is playing well but we'd definitely have to take on salary. 

If you got the same Santana we have you'd have quite a player.

Minor and/or LeClerc would take on quite a haul because Minor is under control through 2020 at areasonable salary and LeClerc is under control until 2024 I believe?

Do the Braves have the minor league talent (arms) to make such a trade?

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Agreed, Choo is playing well but we'd definitely have to take on salary. 

If you got the same Santana we have you'd have quite a player.

Minor and/or LeClerc would take on quite a haul because Minor is under control through 2020 at areasonable salary and LeClerc is under control until 2024 I believe?

Do the Braves have the minor league talent (arms) to make such a trade?

Oh yeah, we have 8 players in the top 100 of all MLB. Overall we're ranked #2 or #3 for farm system in MLB depending on where you look. We have 5 of the SPs listed in the top 100. We have the talent to do any trade we want.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Oh yeah, we have 8 players in the top 100 of all MLB. Overall we're ranked #2 or #3 for farm system in MLB depending on where you look. We have 5 of the SPs listed in the top 100. We have the talent to do any trade we want.

Good, I want young highly rated arms. There might be a trade in our teams future. Of course  other teams will be bidding for these arms as well.

The Nationals are seriously eue balling LeClerc but I hear they don't have the farm talent to try him away. 

Twins and Yankees interested in Minor, Minor has a no trade clause with Yankees.

8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Good, I want young highly rated arms. There might be a trade in our teams future. Of course  other teams will be bidding for these arms as well.

The Nationals are seriously eue balling LeClerc but I hear they don't have the farm talent to try him away. 

Twins and Yankees interested in Minor, Minor has a no trade clause with Yankees.

Yeah, Minor would be a good fit here. We drafted and developed him, he just couldn't stay healthy back then.