• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Credit where it's due: over the past two months, AA's added four quality relievers and a former Cy Young-winning starter.  The opportunity cost was a former first round pick in Allard, Wentz, a d

Jon Morosi reporting the Braves are interested in Mike Minor.

Enough, guys. Don’t need to litter the thread with this. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

I think it's pretty simple. They don't trust Thor to stay healthy.  I'm with them on that part. And Wheeler should have no value. So, they're trading for a more reliable version of Thor while shuffling prospects.

Since it's the Mets, Syndergaard will win the next three Cy Youngs with the team that gets him.

Hopefully it's us.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Yes I get why people give the Mets crao but this trade shouldn't be one of those reasons.

Stroman could have really help this piece poor starting rotation and he was gotten for 2 guys who probly would even crack our top 20.

For as much crap as you give Julio Teheran one would think you would realize that Stroman is basically a slightly better version of Julio Teheran.

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

For as much crap as you give Julio Teheran one would think you would realize that Stroman is basically a slightly better version of Julio Teheran.

His career ERA is worse. Julio's career is a 3.62, Stroman 3.76. If you look at WAR for value Julio has a career WAR of 20, Stroman is at 13

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

His career ERA is worse. Julio's career is a 3.62, Stroman 3.76. If you look at WAR for value Julio has a career WAR of 20, Stroman is at 13

Stroman's FIP is 3.61 and Teheran's is 4.20 and Stroman's WHIP is 1.278 and Teheran's is 1.202. Depends on which stats you view the most. You can certainly say that for his career Teheran has been better than Stroman, but I think when you factor in the difference in division, you might could say Stroman has been a slightly better version of Teheran.

But my point is, Malachore rags on Julio Teheran but thinks Marcus Stroman is really good and yet they're basically the same pitcher. Honestly it's hilarious.

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reported asking price for Stroman was the same the Rays got for Archer. Contenders backed down from it.

Doesn't surprise me as i would have backed down from it as well. I actually like Stroman as a solid #3 guy just like a view Julio as a solid #3 to #4 guy.  Their not to far off from each other and you could do a **** of alot worse than having them 2 as you 3/4/5 guys depending on who you might can find better at #3 to bump then down.

30 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Stroman's FIP is 3.61 and Teheran's is 4.20 and Stroman's WHIP is 1.278 and Teheran's is 1.202. Depends on which stats you view the most. You can certainly say that for his career Teheran has been better than Stroman, but I think when you factor in the difference in division, you might could say Stroman has been a slightly better version of Teheran.

But my point is, Malachore rags on Julio Teheran but thinks Marcus Stroman is really good and yet they're basically the same pitcher. Honestly it's hilarious.

I know the type of pitcher Julio is, I rag on him because literally everything he does is stressful for the most part.

Stroman is also a groundball pitcher where Julio has most been flyball for most of if not all of his career.

At this point I'd take another Julio over the trash we have in the #5 slot right now, honestly it would also be an improvement over Fried as well.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I know the type of pitcher Julio is, I rag on him because literally everything he does is stressful for the most part.

Stroman is also a groundball pitcher where Julio has most been flyball for most of if not all of his career.

At this point I'd take another Julio over the trash we have in the #5 slot right now, honestly it would also be an improvement over Fried as well.

Julio is and has always been a groundball pitcher.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

DOB reported last night that while Toronto softened towards Anthopolous they haven't completely got over it. DOB said the Braves were being asked to pay more than any other team for Stroman.

Huh?  When Braves hired AA, his current job at the time was with the LA Dodgers.   I know AA worked for Toronto in past but why would Toronto be upset with Braves?

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Huh?  When Braves hired AA, his current job at the time was with the LA Dodgers.   I know AA worked for Toronto in past but why would Toronto be upset with Braves?

Because he left them for LA instead of continuing to work for them while they were essentially replacing him.

tldr; they petty af

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

He abandoned the Jays in their eyes. He had just won Executive of the Year and led them to the ALCS. They hired the Indians GM to be their president of operations immediately after and expected Anthopolous to report to him and even offered an extension to AA. Well, AA was upset they brought in someone else despite his success and declined the offer, quit and went to LA. So. Toronto is salty. It's the reason we didnt trade with Toronto last year, they were asking for all of our top guys for anyone we inquired about.