Jump to content

Trade Rumors


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

It is worth noting that according to the reports from last winter the Braves are not on his no trade list. He couldn't block a deal to Atlanta which does give the Braves more bargaining power if Arizona is really motivated. Greinke reportedly wants to stay in Arizona so he wouldnt be motivated to waive his no trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

It is worth noting that according to the reports from last winter the Braves are not on his no trade list. He couldn't block a deal to Atlanta which does give the Braves more bargaining power if Arizona is really motivated. Greinke reportedly wants to stay in Arizona so he wouldnt be motivated to waive his no trade.

Atlanta has long been a destination that Greinke was amenable to going to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I have heard upwards of 40%.

 

That still means 21 million a year for 2 years.

Plus they will want a top pitching prospect.....they need pitching bad.

I'd give them Wilson and take in that much. I think he'd help us tremendously. 

It's AZ though so they are probably expecting much more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'd give them Wilson and take in that much. I think he'd help us tremendously. 

It's AZ though so they are probably expecting much more.

Depends on how much salary they have to eat. They want more, better prospects in return for the money. I do agree Greinke would be great, tons of playoff experience. Pair him with Keuchel and you got 2 veteran arms that have been through the playoff wars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

The July 31st deadline for everything. It might keep teams in it but it raises the price because teams like the Giants foolishly think they have a chance.

Oh ok, I don't think the Giants really believe they can win the WS. It's just more sentimental. Make one last run with Bochy and Bumgarner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I have heard upwards of 40%.

 

That still means 21 million a year for 2 years.

Plus they will want a top pitching prospect.....they need pitching bad.

I would give them someone like Allard or Wilson. Heck, send them Touki lol. We have enough pitching prospects to be okay. Just don't give up Anderson. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tl;dr said:

I would give them someone like Allard or Wilson. Heck, send them Touki lol. We have enough pitching prospects to be okay. Just don't give up Anderson. 

I still believe in Touki.....he has great stuff but he just has not been able to be consistent.

If he can learn to pinpoint his breaking stuff....he is going to be a really really good pitcher.

But it does bring up the fact that there is sooooo much young arm talent in the system now....there is no room for all of them.

It will be interesting to see how they use the assets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I hate this new rule. Teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers can continue to pull ahead.

I actually believe the opposite is true!! I think it helps the mid market teams because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers can't load up on August waiver claim players like in years past because they have the money to do that. Teams like the Braves can't risk putting in a waiver claim in August on a player that might be making too much money but that wouldn't be an issue for the big money teams. I think that levels the playing field somewhat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I still believe in Touki.....he has great stuff but he just has not been able to be consistent.

If he can learn to pinpoint his breaking stuff....he is going to be a really really good pitcher.

But it does bring up the fact that there is sooooo much young arm talent in the system now....there is no room for all of them.

It will be interesting to see how they use the assets

I hate Touki's delivery. Wish they would fix it like they did Julio's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I actually believe the opposite is true!! I think it helps the mid market teams because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers can't load up on August waiver claim players like in years past because they have the money to do that. Teams like the Braves can't risk putting in a waiver claim in August on a player that might be making too much money but that wouldn't be an issue for the big money teams. I think that levels the playing field somewhat.

I can see that POV but I feel like less teams trading means less of a chance for a mid market team to close the gap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I can see that POV but I feel like less teams trading means less of a chance for a mid market team to close the gap.

We're just in a weird year where more teams are in it this late than normal. There's really only 2 elite teams in the NL, Dodgers and Braves, and then the rest are somewhere in the middle and then the Marlins at the bottom. Picture is much more clear in the AL and therefore more teams in the AL willing to sell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...