Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I would add Waters to that list. The future OF is Pache, Acuna and Waters. It would take a lot to get Stroman. The Jays can wait till winter to move him. Hes still got 1.5 years of control. Add in that you'll be fighting off the Yankees and reportedly Houston.

I forgot about Waters. Yeah it will take a lot. Dont know if AA is willing to do it

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I would add Waters to that list. The future OF is Pache, Acuna and Waters. It would take a lot to get Stroman. The Jays can wait till winter to move him. Hes still got 1.5 years of control. Add in that you'll be fighting off the Yankees and reportedly Houston.

Don't forget about Demeritte either, he's blowing up right now.

2 minutes ago, capologist said:

Demeritte is trade bait. 

8 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Ehhh, I don’t know. His advanced numbers tell a much different story than what’s on the surface. Even despite the uptick in HR/9 and HR/FB from last year, he’s still showing up strong in FIP and xFIP. That and he’s posting a career high in both BB/9 and SO/9. 

Many of my friends are Mets fans. One of them claims Wheeler's the reason he's going bald. It's that bad. This dude hasn't developed at all. He's just an arm.

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I want Stroman bad

Yup, he's definitely on the short list of guys worthy of giving up good prospects.

youngbloodz likes this

21 minutes ago, jidady said:

Yup, he's definitely on the short list of guys worthy of giving up good prospects.

That makes no sense to me. Yes to a guy like Stroman, but no to someone like Wheeler? The numbers heavily favor the latter over the last 1.5 years. And not developing at all?? Are we talking about the same Zach Wheeler? Guy has shaved his BB/9 in half since last year, going from a guy hovering around 4.00 to hanging tight at 2.6ish. Not to mention he’s averaging 6 1/3 IP per start over that same span. His highest seasonal average prior to that was around 5 2/3. I like Stroman, but the last two comments don’t match up at all.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, capologist said:

Demeritte is trade bait!! Got no spot for him!

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

We gunna surprise everyone and get Bauer and Hand.

Talent-wise, id love it, but Bauer is a weird, weird dude. Not sure how he’d fit in the clubhouse. 

Malachore likes this

2 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

That makes no sense to me. Yes to a guy like Stroman, but no to someone like Wheeler? The numbers heavily favor the latter over the last 1.5 years. And not developing at all?? Are we talking about the same Zach Wheeler? Guy has shaved his BB/9 in half since last year, going from a guy hovering around 4.00 to hanging tight at 2.6ish. Not to mention he’s averaging 6 1/3 IP per start over that same span. His highest seasonal average prior to that was around 5 2/3. I like Stroman, but the last two comments don’t match up at all.

It's the same with Folty in that if you factor in his one good year with this one, he looks better. Wheeler's ERA+ is 92. His *career* ERA+ is 98, when 100 is average. His career WAA adj is negative, too. In other words, he's hurt the Mets as opposed to an average player during his career.

Also, more than half of his career WAR came last year. He's a 29-year-old with an ERA of 4.42, a RA of 4.82, a TJS on his resume, and who takes monthly medical injections to his arm to this day.

This guy is a worse version of Kevin Gausman as a trade candidate. Every negative thing you've seen said about Folty, Mets fans have said about Wheeler. He's sucked four out of five years, and the reason why he's only the market now is because they want to trade him before they have to pay him more than $5 million to suck.

So, yes, I would rather have Stroman with his current ERA+ of 141, double the career WAR, and a waaWL% of .543 as opposed to .519. That last number is career totals by the way. For 2019, Stroman is at .587, which means he's the equivalent of a 95-win team. Stroman is crushing right now.

youngbloodz likes this

2 hours ago, jidady said:

It's the same with Folty in that if you factor in his one good year with this one, he looks better. Wheeler's ERA+ is 92. His *career* ERA+ is 98, when 100 is average. His career WAA adj is negative, too. In other words, he's hurt the Mets as opposed to an average player during his career.

Also, more than half of his career WAR came last year. He's a 29-year-old with an ERA of 4.42, a RA of 4.82, a TJS on his resume, and who takes monthly medical injections to his arm to this day.

This guy is a worse version of Kevin Gausman as a trade candidate. Every negative thing you've seen said about Folty, Mets fans have said about Wheeler. He's sucked four out of five years, and the reason why he's only the market now is because they want to trade him before they have to pay him more than $5 million to suck.

So, yes, I would rather have Stroman with his current ERA+ of 141, double the career WAR, and a waaWL% of .543 as opposed to .519. That last number is career totals by the way. For 2019, Stroman is at .587, which means he's the equivalent of a 95-win team. Stroman is crushing right now.

Numbers dont lie Stroman should be the guy lol

7 hours ago, jidady said:

Good, convincing arguments. I’m honestly not sure why BR hates Wheeler so much compared to FG, since the two players grade out much more similarly on the latter (career WAR is -much- closer). And you’re certainly right, some advanced statistics love Stroman this year, but let’s not act like the guy doesn’t have warts. K% under 20, xFIP and SIERA over 4.00 (and those have been trending upwards the last several years), has had his own bouts with the injury bug (including a ligament and shoulder injuries). If we’re going to point out WAA adj for Wheeler, then we’ve got to point out Stroman’s too, which is in the negative (and actually worse) at -0.6.

jidady likes this

Question. Ive noticed while scrolling through here on my phone i keep flagging peoples posts without meaning to. Do they really check the posts that have been flagged? And if so how do i stop doing it? Everytime i touch the screen it flags someone lol

10 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Question. Ive noticed while scrolling through here on my phone i keep flagging peoples posts without meaning to. Do they really check the posts that have been flagged? And if so how do i stop doing it? Everytime i touch the screen it flags someone lol

You have to actually press it and click submit when it pops up a box that says report post. Just lighting up means nothing.

LouDog likes this

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

You have to actually press it and click submit when it pops up a box that says report post. Just lighting up means nothing.

Cool. Good to know. Thanks

Anthopolous spoke with the AJC. He said they'll use this month to evaluate the rotation. He said theyll then decide if they have 4 guys they're comfortable taking into the playoffs. He said theyll explore the bullpen market. If they find a deal theyll do it. He said they're also very encouraged by Sobotka. He said they made adjustments with Sobotka at AAA but wouldnt say what they did.

sdogg and Drew4719 like this

On 7/4/2019 at 9:21 AM, LouDog said:

It’s simple; just stop being the worst. 

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

It’s simple; just stop being the worst. 

You lost me. Care to explain?

Edited by LouDog

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Sarcasm. Should have added :ninja:

Thought you were saying i was snitching on folks lmao was about to say, i may be a lot of things but a snitch aint one of them lol

Edited by LouDog

Apparently the Yankees have been in talks with the Bluejays for Stroman. Now they have hit a snag because the Yankees think Stromans injury may be a bigger deal than originally thought.

3 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Apparently the Yankees have been in talks with the Bluejays for Stroman. Now they have hit a snag because the Yankees think Stromans injury may be a bigger deal than originally thought.

Long it isn't a torn pec I would make the deal and still give up top end prospects except Pache,Anderson,Waters.

LouDog likes this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Long it isn't a torn pec I would make the deal and still give up top end prospects except Pache,Anderson,Waters.

They said he didnt start yesterday  And wont be making his next start. As long as they know for a fact it isnt a big deal id make a nice offer as well, but with the Yankees questioning it i would want to know a little more about the injury.

youngbloodz likes this

So John Harper, covers the Mets for SNY.com says they would take a look at Joey Wentz,Kolby Allard,Kyle Mueller for Zach Wheeler. Would you guys do it?

52 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

So John Harper, covers the Mets for SNY.com says they would take a look at Joey Wentz,Kolby Allard,Kyle Mueller for Zach Wheeler. Would you guys do it?

I wouldnt.