Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, jidady said:

Wheeler is their Folty. We want no part of him.

Hes better than Folty right now. 

25 minutes ago, jidady said:

Wheeler is their Folty. We want no part of him.

I was thinking something similar.

5 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Those numbers are heavily buoyed by his last three seasons. Guy was a run-of-the-mill 4/5th starter during his tenure in Pittsburgh. 

He had some good seasons in Pittsburgh with ERA's in the mid 3s.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Hes better than Folty right now. 

I haven't paid much attention to Wheeler. I only know 3 things:

He throws hard.

He seems to do well against us.

He's not lived up to his expectations. 

20 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He had some good seasons in Pittsburgh with ERA's in the mid 3s.

What would you give up for him?

Are the Braves being cheap or is there nobody out there for them to get?  I haven't been keeping up with the available pitching...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Are the Braves being cheap or is there nobody out there for them to get?  I haven't been keeping up with the available pitching...

Apparently we are trying to get Wheeler

5 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Interested and trying are two different things. Nobody had the Braves in on Gausman last July. Anthopolous has a reputation as keeping all info secret.

falconsd56 and Malachore like this

4 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I see that but I also see that people are not on board with that move...:lol:

LouDog likes this

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Not much out there for a top rotation arm. Bumgarner is probably the best but hes not as good as he was. Hes still solid but probably not worth the Giants asking price considering hes a rental.

Spts1 likes this

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I see that but I also see that people are not on board with that move...:lol:

All i know about the guy is that he is great against us but apparently not that good against anyone else lol im more interested to see what Wilson does tonight. I haven't given up on him being the guy we need to fill out the rotation. 

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Not much out there for a top rotation arm. Bumgarner is probably the best but hes not as good as he was. Hes still solid but probably not worth the Giants asking price considering hes a rental.

so the Braves are pretty much stuck with what they got or have to get a lower tiered pitcher.  folty's struggles are REALLY hurting that rotation.  they could absorb the off and on antics of tehran if folty was on his game...

13 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

so the Braves are pretty much stuck with what they got or have to get a lower tiered pitcher.  folty's struggles are REALLY hurting that rotation.  they could absorb the off and on antics of tehran if folty was on his game...

We're better off going big for the bullpen and getting a middle of the rotation arm to fill it out. I'd try to get Stroman and Giles from Toronto. Problem is last year the reports were the Jays are salty Anthopolous left them and wanted him to pay higher prices.

Spts1 likes this

I don’t mind going after Wheeler, if the price isn’t too much higher than Eovaldi of last year. Yeah, yeah, another big stuff arm that hasn’t panned out completely like Folty, but outside of last year and the return off Tommy John, he’s beaten Folty in performance, sadly.

The stuff is still there (like I said above) and the underlying peripherals are good. It took Jalen Beeks to get Eovaldi, who I would guess was a 40-45 in value, so it would take something like maybe Joey Wentz or Kolby Allard (just as an example), and I would do it, too.

He has the name, but I can make a dang good argument that Bum is very likely 3rd in the SPs that could be available if you toss playoff mystique in the trash. Stroman is beating him in performance considering he’s doing well in the AL East compared to playing half your games in Oracle (that’s what the park is for SF now) and you have Wheeler with the stuff still looking great and peripherals looking better.

Think the same way for most relievers too, although if you deal with the Giants, you’re going to get them attempting to put Bum in too if its with Will Smith and expand the deal. I would also consider Alex Colome but the White Sox aren’t completely out of it yet.

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

What would you give up for him?

Doesn't really matter what I would give up for him since the Rays aren't trading their best pitcher. 

47 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

tbh there is rarely an ace arm available for trade at this time unless they are about to be a FA. Soroka is looking like that guy for us and if we could land someone like Minor/Stroman and a upper tier arm for the bullpen then that would be a huge win for us.

Spts1 and Falconsfan567 like this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Doesn't really matter what I would give up for him since the Rays aren't trading their best pitcher. 

It was just theoretical. There are so many guys id like to have via trade but honestly i dont think id want to give up any of our top prospects. Was just curious if others felt the same.

16 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I want Stroman bad

He would fit well here. Young, energetic,  loves to play the game and has plenty of big game experience.

youngbloodz likes this

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

It was just theoretical. There are so many guys id like to have via trade but honestly i dont think id want to give up any of our top prospects. Was just curious if others felt the same.

Yeah, we've got so many guys I don't want to give up. Some of them I would for the right deal but it has to be the right deal. Like Stoman and Giles would be a heIl of a deal and one that I would try to pull off.

LouDog and youngbloodz like this

20 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

He would fit well here. Young, energetic,  loves to play the game and has plenty of big game experience.

It would be a perfect fit. Keuchel,Soroka,Stroman,Fried is a very very good looking top 4

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, we've got so many guys I don't want to give up. Some of them I would for the right deal but it has to be the right deal. Like Stoman and Giles would be a heIl of a deal and one that I would try to pull off.

To get Stroman and Giles I would give up anyone except Anderson and Pache. I wonder what it would take to get it done

10 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

To get Stroman and Giles I would give up anyone except Anderson and Pache. I wonder what it would take to get it done

I would add Waters to that list. The future OF is Pache, Acuna and Waters. It would take a lot to get Stroman. The Jays can wait till winter to move him. Hes still got 1.5 years of control. Add in that you'll be fighting off the Yankees and reportedly Houston.