Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

Awesome move by Markakis. I kinda feel like we are going through the Jim Johson **** again but this time with Luke. Man i hope he puts it together fast.

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

Completley unrelated but are you the one i remember posting something about getting treatment for anxiety recently? Just curious because im going through a sinilar situation

I have an anxiety disorder as well. If you need to talk you can dm me as well. I've had it since I was a child. 

falconsd56 and LouDog like this

Posted (edited)

Previous post meant for Mets game thread....duh

Edited by gp_74

Houston attempted to get Matthew Boyd from Detroit. Tigers asked for their top bat Kyle Tucker in return. 

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

What prospects would yall be willing to trade for Mike Minor if it was your call?

It would take a lot. Recent reports were the Rangers have boosted his price if they sell. You get 1.5 years of him, hes signed through next year. 

I wouldn't overpay for him. His FIP of 3.72 suggests that his current ERA of 2.40 is a touch lucky. His swing-and-miss stuff is clearly back, though. And it's that reason why I never wanted us to let him go. Over the last 12 years, Minor was the best Brave at missing bats (among starters...Kimbrel obviously wins otherwise).

Drew4719 and LouDog like this

8 minutes ago, jidady said:

I wouldn't overpay for him. His FIP of 3.72 suggests that his current ERA of 2.40 is a touch lucky. His swing-and-miss stuff is clearly back, though. And it's that reason why I never wanted us to let him go. Over the last 12 years, Minor was the best Brave at missing bats (among starters...Kimbrel obviously wins otherwise).

Technically it's Folty. 

jidady and Drew4719 like this

37 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Technically it's Folty. 

Heh, it depends on semantics. Minor averaged 7.8 Ks versus 2.6 walks as a Brave (3.0 average). He had swing and miss stuff.

Folty's at 8.7/3.1/2.76. He has miss and miss and swing and miss stuff.

ATLBrave and Drew4719 like this

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Minor, Stroman, Giles, Smith, Bumgarner, Vazquez.

Pick 2.

Stroman and Giles would be my picks if Toronto can get over Anthopolous leaving them.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Stroman and Giles would be my picks if Toronto can get over Anthopolous leaving them.

You like Giles more than Vazquez or you just think he'll cost too much?

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

You like Giles more than Vazquez or you just think he'll cost too much?

I dont think Vazquez will be available. Hes got 4 years of control left. I highly doubt the Pirates are ready to deal him. 

Malachore likes this

I never wanted the Braves to get rid of Mike Minor. I understand it was just a business move and they couldn't wait 2 years for him to pitch again. But I'd gladly take him back with open arms.

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I never wanted the Braves to get rid of Mike Minor. I understand it was just a business move and they couldn't wait 2 years for him to pitch again. But I'd gladly take him back with open arms.

Whats crazy to me is we could have legit had a pitching staff right now of  Mike Soroka, Mike Minor, Charlie Morton, Alex Wood, and Max Fried    That is a very good pitching group that would have been grown from the ground up in our system and probably one of the best in the league 1 to 5.  We churn out top tier quality pitchers like no ones business i just hope we can end up holding on to them more often than letting them go more often than not.

16 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

That Alex Wood trade still blows my mind to this day. I have no idea what Coppy was doing.

Was it coppy or wren that built the farm? I ain't complaining about that 

1 hour ago, maorifalcon said:

Was it coppy or wren that built the farm? I ain't complaining about that 

Coppy did most of it. Wren gave us some big names like Acuna and Albies. Coppy did the Wood trade that brought Hector Olivera to Atlanta. Trading Wood never made sense, he was the #2 SP on the team that year and 24 years old. Coppy just became dead set on getting Olivera because he picked LA over Atlanta as an international free agent. So he was willing to do anything to get him anyway.  Coppy finally admitted in 2016 that he made a mistake and wishes he had never agreed to it.

6 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Whats crazy to me is we could have legit had a pitching staff right now of  Mike Soroka, Mike Minor, Charlie Morton, Alex Wood, and Max Fried    That is a very good pitching group that would have been grown from the ground up in our system and probably one of the best in the league 1 to 5.  We churn out top tier quality pitchers like no ones business i just hope we can end up holding on to them more often than letting them go more often than not.

As much as I think we could use more SP I'd take what we have now over Morton and Wood.

16 minutes ago, Malachore said:

As much as I think we could use more SP I'd take what we have now over Morton and Wood.

Charlie Morton is an ace now. He has a 2.43 ERA for Tampa this year, 2nd in the AL for ERA. 100 IP, 120 K, 34 BB. That comes after a 3.13 with Houston last year. He K'd 201 in 167 innings last year. Had just 64 walks. The guy has become one of the better arms in the league. 

28 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Charlie Morton is an ace now. He has a 2.43 ERA for Tampa this year, 2nd in the AL for ERA. 100 IP, 120 K, 34 BB. That comes after a 3.13 with Houston last year. He K'd 201 in 167 innings last year. Had just 64 walks. The guy has become one of the better arms in the league. 

He's also like 36 years old.

I can't think of him being good except for this year and last.

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He's also like 36 years old.

I can't think of him being good except for this year and last.

Not a long track record, but he's been really good for going on three years now. Something seemed to click for him at the tail end of 2016 and since then he's been one of the 25 best SPs in the majors. Would loved to have signed him to a 1-2 year deal this past offseason.

Falconsfan567 likes this