Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

It normalizes for factors like stadium and league. An ERA+ of 100 is average. 125-130 means you're having a pretty good year. 150-160+ is Cy Young territory. For comparison, Mike Minor's ERA+ is 169 this year, while Justin Verlander is at 156 and Stroman is at 153. Martin's 166 is a sign of total dominance.

Dang.  I retract my statement

Ken Giles needs a cortisone shot and will get shut down a couple of days. We better not touch him, especially after what happened with O'Day.

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

Ken Giles needs a cortisone shot and will get shut down a couple of days. We better not touch him, especially after what happened with O'Day.

Who is Ken Giles?

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Who is Ken Giles?

Closer for the Blue Jays. Came up as a highly touted pitcher for the Phillies several years back before being traded to the Astros for Vince Velasquez. Was traded to the Blue Jays last year for Roberto Osuna.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Who is Ken Giles?

Toronto's closer, who had been dominant and was the best reliever on the market before this turn of events. 

13 minutes ago, jidady said:

Wow, Edwin Diaz hit James McCann in the face tonight during his latest blown save.

I still want him. :lol:

3 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

Man  STFU

It scares you that it's a real possibility that he comes here and stinks it up for us. 

2 hours ago, Nereek said:

Our bullpen blows.

Can't argue that. :lol:

2 hours ago, Nereek said:

It scares you that it's a real possibility that he comes here and stinks it up for us. 

Anything is a possibility. I'm usually pretty reluctant but I do like what I've read about the guy. We need strike throwers and he has a 4:1 K to BB. Throws hard with a Cutter and I believe a sinker or slider.

I won't be happy if he's our only get but I don't think anyone else would be either.

sdogg and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

According to reports theres mixed feelings about whether today will get crazy or remain relatively quiet. There is a strong feeling Wheeler, Ray and Minor will all be dealt before 4 PM.

5 hours ago, jidady said:

O’Day is short for One Day.  When’s he going to be available for us?

3 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

O’Day is short for One Day.  When’s he going to be available for us?

Possibly September. 

Price on Greene is said to be pretty reasonable. Still the market is pretty mild on him. Supposedly could be just a couple of low level prospects. Teams seem to be afraid of how he'll transition. Hard to trust he can keep his current pace.

Giants reportedly enter today undecided on whether to sell. They have less than 10 hours to decide.

Padres are asking Kirby Yates about an extension. If hes eager to talk they'll keep him. If not they'll seek a hefty return but he would be available. 

Everyone around the league is praising the Indians for pulling off that deal last night. Puig and Reyes immediately add substantial power to their lineup. 

We all knew before season started that the bullpen was an issue.

AA not addressing in the off-season in FA now has cost us one prospect and now we may be dealing others.

I wasn’t much of an Allard fan from what I have seen so far and I like the rental we got in return but we gave up a lot for a player not under control and who is 33yrs old.

sdogg and FalconsIn2012 like this

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We all knew before season started that the bullpen was an issue.

AA not addressing in the off-season in FA now has cost us one prospect and now we may be dealing others.

I wasn’t much of an Allard fan from what I have seen so far and I like the rental we got in return but we gave up a lot for a player not under control and who is 33yrs old.

We should have signed one or two RPs in the winter. However, nobody could have predicted Venters, Viz, Minter, Sobotka and Biddle would all fall flat on their faces. No matter how you slice it, you cant predict all of those arms failing. Even if we had signed an arm or two we would still need bullpen help. The market isn't cheap this year, too many buyers. Allard is a prospect but had dropped out of the top 10 for us depending on where you look. He was buried under a lot of weight and wasnt going to be a factor here. He helps us by adding a strike throwing RP for our playoff hunt.

Drew4719 likes this

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

We should have signed one or two RPs in the winter. However, nobody could have predicted Venters, Viz, Minter, Sobotka and Biddle would all fall flat on their faces. No matter how you slice it, you cant predict all of those arms failing. Even if we had signed an arm or two we would still need bullpen help. The market isn't cheap this year, too many buyers. Allard is a prospect but had dropped out of the top 10 for us depending on where you look. He was buried under a lot of weight and wasnt going to be a factor here. 

I still have nightmares about the Adam Wainwright Trade 15yrs ago - he is STILL pitching for the Cardinals 

sdogg likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

I still have nightmares about the Adam Wainwright Trade 15yrs ago - he is STILL pitching for the Cardinals 

True but JD Drew did gives us a phenomenal season. He hit .305/.436/.569 with 31 HR. Even though that one does hurt you cant keep everyone.

Phillies are trying to get Wood. Reds are willing to deal Alex Wood. He just made his first start of the season so he is really fresh for a playoff push.

Reds have no desire to flip Bauer. They plan to keep him, Castillo and Gray. They hope to luck into the WC.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

True but JD Drew did gives us a phenomenal season. He hit .305/.436/.569 with 31 HR. Even though that one does hurt you cant keep everyone.

Adam Wainwright was Braves #1 prospect at the time.  It was a stupid trade for a rental.

Braves definitely have an excess of pitching prospects but you still don’t want to give away for players not under control - especially when we will still lose to Dodgers in playoffs.

sdogg likes this

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Adam Wainwright was Braves #1 prospect at the time.  It was a stupid trade for a rental.

Braves definitely have an excess of pitching prospects but you still don’t want to give away for players not under control - especially when we will still lose to Dodgers in playoffs.

Schuerholz had a tendency to flip his top prospects. Anthopolous has, so far, shown a reluctance to trade our top guys. Allard had slipped to #5 or #6 in the SP rankings for us.

9 hours ago, Malachore said:

He looks good, throws strikes and has a big arm but I'm honestly not sure what to expect with him in the 8th or 9th. He closed some for Texas and he is a FA at the end of the season.

He's a good setup man but I wouldn't trust him to be the closer.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How is he a rental when he's only got 1.133 years of service time?

While Martin will only finish the season with two-plus year of MLB service time, he’s nevertheless a pure rental for Atlanta. The two-year, $4MM contract Martin signed upon returning to MLB stipulated that he can become a free agent at the end of the deal, so the Braves are only acquiring him for the current stretch run (barring some type of extension).