Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

Just now, LouDog said:

Dude you are the one that said he was really good in his first stint which is what started this conversation in the first place. Is it really that hard to understand?

In my opinion he was really good the first time around with the Braves. You don't think he was. That's fine. You don't have to agree. You're entitled to think he sucked his first go around with the Braves. None of that has any effect on 2019. I only mentioned he would be a major upgrade in 2019 over anyone else we've had in the 5th spot in the rotation and you used FIP to "prove me wrong" and that Kevin Gausman has been better than Mike Minor this year. That is where this conversation went off the rails because it legit pissed me off that anyone would attempt to say Kevin Gausman has been a better pitcher than Mike Minor this year regardless of whatever stat you want to use. Anyone that has watched both pitchers pitch this year and says that Gausman has been better needs to get a new hobby.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

In my opinion he was really good the first time around with the Braves. You don't think he was. That's fine. You don't have to agree. You're entitled to think he sucked his first go around with the Braves. None of that has any effect on 2019. I only mentioned he would be a major upgrade in 2019 over anyone else we've had in the 5th spot in the rotation and you used FIP to "prove me wrong" and that Kevin Gausman has been better than Mike Minor this year. That is where this conversation went off the rails because it legit pissed me off that anyone would attempt to say Kevin Gausman has been a better pitcher than Mike Minor this year regardless of whatever stat you want to use. Anyone that has watched both pitchers pitch this year and says that Gausman has been better needs to get a new hobby.

And i only mentioned that the same stat that you used to prove that he was good back then is the same stat i used to prove he isnt now

Just now, LouDog said:

And i only mentioned that the same stat that you used to prove that he was good back then is the same stat i used to prove he isnt now

Fine. You think Mike Minor sucks this year because his FIP isn't good. I'm not the one that tried to use 1 single stat to prove how good or bad a pitcher is. Only thing I ever said was that FIP is a better stat to use than ERA. That's no different than me saying that OBP is a better stat to use than average. It's not a one all in a vacuum stat and I never said it was. But you've got to look at the whole body of work. Not just one stat.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Fine. You think Mike Minor sucks this year because his FIP isn't good. I'm not the one that tried to use 1 single stat to prove how good or bad a pitcher is. Only thing I ever said was that FIP is a better stat to use than ERA. That's no different than me saying that OBP is a better stat to use than average. It's not a one all in a vacuum stat and I never said it was. But you've got to look at the whole body of work. Not just one stat.

You are f****** delusional man. Bye.

6 minutes ago, LouDog said:

You are f****** delusional man. Bye.

Guess you blocked me because I can't PM you. Ok, I thought you were cool and all and that we were friends who could have mature adult conversations but I guess not. If you want to act like Black Francis then more power to you.

Syndergaard did take the mound in Chicago. Chances of a trade are probably slim to none if the Mets are allowing him to pitch less than 24 hours before the deadline.

34 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports are the Giants are just doing the smart business of listening. Unlikely to move Bumgarner and would need an overwhelming offer to even make them think about it.

What are you hearing on Will Smith

5 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Giving up Allard I hope he can work high leverage situations and we can resign

Allard is barely in our top 10 anymore.

maorifalcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yep, higher on Muller and Wentz than Allard. 

6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Very fair point. However, our top 10 is much better than most. A guy here at 8 might be another farm systems 3 or 4. Looks like a solid trade. I was higher on Allard than most even after his struggles. I just hate to see him go thats all. I am generally not a big fan of getting a guy for 2 months only its such a risk and to be honest Im cheap so.......