Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

Just now, Malachore said:

I don't want Roark but I've liked Robbie Ray.

I think he could be a really good weapon in the post season out of the bullpen since you rarely go with a 5 man rotation anyhow.

I agree Ray is much better. I'm still leaning towards having Roark as our #5 over Gausman right now. 

Adams spent all season in AAA for Philly. He was released July 1st. Hes plenty ready should something happen.

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

I wouldn’t. The Coors Effect is strong with that one. 

Exactly!! Same thing I said about Carlos Gonzalez and has proven to be true with him.

36 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I agree Ray is much better. I'm still leaning towards having Roark as our #5 over Gausman right now. 

Give me Tanner Roark over Kevin Gausman any day. Roark has been really good at times in his career. A couple seasons with ERA's under 3 for the Nationals.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

FIP is a stat that only focuses on the things pitchers can control such as walks, strikeouts, homeruns, ect. Minor's FIP was normally much lower than his ERA. That tells me that Minor was the victim of a lot of bad defense behind him.

• 2010 - 5.98 ERA, 3.77 FIP
  • 2011 - 4.14 ERA, 3.39 FIP
  • 2012 - 4.12 ERA, 4.38 FIP
  • 2013 - 3.21 ERA, 3.37 FIP
  • 2014 - 4.77 ERA, 4.39 FIP

Like I said, Minor was much better than what his raw ERA tells you. 2014 he gets a pass from me because he was trying to pitch through his shoulder injury before finally having surgery.

Did you realize that using that same stat he has a fip this year of 4.20?

Edited by LouDog

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Did you realize that using that same stat says he has a fip this year of 4.20?

Yep!! 4.20 is still miles better than anything the Braves have gotten from the likes of Folty, Gausman, Newcomb, Wright, Wilson or anyone else that has tried to fill in the Braves 4th and 5th starter spot.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep!! 4.20 is still miles better than anything the Braves have gotten from the likes of Folty, Gausman, Newcomb, Wright, Wilson or anyone else that has tried to fill in the Braves 4th and 5th starter spot.

Actually Gausman's is 4.16

Just now, LouDog said:

Actually Gausman's is 4.16

Ok. Fine. Braves shouldn't trade for Mike Minor. You've convinced me that trading for Mike Minor just isn't worth it.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok. Fine. Braves shouldn't trade for Mike Minor. You've convinced me that trading for Mike Minor just isn't worth it.

Im not saying that. Im just saying we should use the same stats to compare everyone. If FIP is the most logical way to judge a pitcher (which it appears to be). Neither are much to be excited about.

Just now, LouDog said:

Im not saying that. Im just saying we should use the same stats to compare everyone. If FIP is the most logical way to judge a pitcher (which it appears to be). Neither are much to be excited about.

Mike Minor has a WAR of 5.8 this year. That would be #1 on the Braves by a mile. Mike Soroka is #1 on the Braves at 3.3. Anyone that wouldn't be excited about adding Mike Minor hasn't watched him pitch this year.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Mike Minor has a WAR of 5.8 this year. That would be #1 on the Braves by a mile. Mike Soroka is #1 on the Braves at 3.3. Anyone that wouldn't be excited about adding Mike Minor hasn't watched him pitch this year.

Thats what i mean. You can always switch to a different stat to prove someone is "good". Era doesnt matter as much as FIP. Then FIP isnt good so its WAR. What happens when WAR doesnt do the trick? Back to era? Walk rate? 

Edited by LouDog

Just now, LouDog said:

Thats what i mean. You can always switch to a different stat to prove someone is "good". Era doesnt matter as much as fip. Then dip isnt good so its WAR. What happens when WAR doesnt do the trick? Back to era? Walk rate? 

Why are you so opposed to improving the team? I don't get it. You act like Mike Minor is complete dog meat or something. To even compare him to Kevin Gausman is ridiculous!!! I get it that you think he SUCKED his first time around with the Braves but in 2019 Mike Minor has been a mother****ing stud!! How can anyone not want him in a Braves uniform?

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Donaldson has had childish antics in his career, don't act like he hasn't. 

Not too mention the copious amount of brain farts he's had.

I think you're confusing him with other Bluejays.

Falconsfan567 and falconsd56 like this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why are you so opposed to improving the team? I don't get it. You act like Mike Minor is complete dog meat or something. To even compare him to Kevin Gausman is ridiculous!!! I get it that you think he SUCKED his first time around with the Braves but in 2019 Mike Minor has been a mother****ing stud!! How can anyone not want him in a Braves uniform?

Dude you said FIP is what is important. That wasnt me. Then i mention that Minor has a worse FIP than Gausman and all of a sudden thats not what matters. Its WAR now.  Just say you want to sign the dude. But to act like i have an agenda instead of just admitting that you just did a complete 180 on what you originally said? Really?

Edited by LouDog

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Dude you said FIP is what is important. That wasnt me. Then i mention that Minor has a worse FIP than Gausman and all of a sudden thats not what matters. Its WAR now.  Just say you want to sign the dude. But to act like i have an agenda instead of just admitting that you just did a complete 180 on what you originally said? Really?

I said FIP was a better indicator of a pitcher's success and abilities than ERA, which it is. But WAR is an indication of how valuable a player is to his team's success. FIP and WAR are measurements for two completely different evaluations. They are not the same. I never said they were the same and I have no changed what I said. You are being completely ridiculous right now because you think Mike Minor sucked his first go around with the Braves and you're letting it severely cloud your judgement of how great Minor has been this year.

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I said FIP was a better indicator of a pitcher's success and abilities than ERA, which it is. But WAR is an indication of how valuable a player is to his team's success. FIP and WAR are measurements for two completely different evaluations. They are not the same. I never said they were the same and I have no changed what I said. You are being completely ridiculous right now because you think Mike Minor sucked his first go around with the Braves and you're letting it severely cloud your judgement of how great Minor has been this year.

You used FIP to prove he was really good last stint here when i said his era wasnt that good. So then i point out his fip isnt good now so you switch it to WAR. And instead of just admitting that, you are acting like i have a huge grudge against Minor. Makes zero sense

Edited by LouDog

Just now, LouDog said:

You used FIP to prove he was really good last stint here when i said his era wasnt that good. So then i point out his fip isnt good now so you switch it to WAR. And instead of just admitting that you are acting like i have a huge grudge against Minor. Makes zero sense

Yes, Mike Minor's individual FIP in 2019 is not good. But his impact on his team's success this year has been great. The reason I mentioned WAR is because you used FIP to indicate that Kevin Gausman has been better this year than Mike Minor. It's ridiculous to even success that Gausman has been better than Minor this year, no matter what stat we're using. Just watch the ******* games dude!! I don't get it. I just don't get this silliness. I get it. You think Mike Minor sucks. We get it.

Yes, Mike Minor's individual FIP in 2019 is not good. But his impact on his team's success this year has been great. The reason I mentioned WAR is because you used FIP to indicate that Kevin Gausman has been better this year than Mike Minor. It's ridiculous to even success that Gausman has been better than Minor this year, no matter what stat we're using. Just watch the ******* games dude!! I don't get it. I just don't get this silliness. I get it. You think Mike Minor sucks. We get it.

And the years that he was here and had a decent fip, he didnt have the best WAR lmao done with this conversation dude. You obviously only like being the "stat guy" when nobody else does their own research. Cya

Just now, LouDog said:

And the years that he was here and had a decent fip, he didnt have the best WAR lmao done with this conversation dude. You obviously only like being the "stat guy" when nobody else does their own research. Cya

Why does it matter how good or bad Mike Minor was in his first go around with the Braves? This is 2019. He last pitched for the Braves in 2014. He's a completely different pitcher now. I don't get how 2010-2014 has anything to do with 2019. You act like I'm the one being ridiculous when your only reason for not wanting Mike Minor in 2019 is because "he sucked" from 2010-2014. You need to take a step back from this conversation and realize how ridiculous you're being.

Why does it matter how good or bad Mike Minor was in his first go around with the Braves? This is 2019. He last pitched for the Braves in 2014. He's a completely different pitcher now. I don't get how 2010-2014 has anything to do with 2019. You act like I'm the one being ridiculous when your only reason for not wanting Mike Minor in 2019 is because "he sucked" from 2010-2014. You need to take a step back from this conversation and realize how ridiculous you're being.

Dude you are the one that said he was really good in his first stint which is what started this conversation in the first place. Is it really that hard to understand?

Reports are the Giants are just doing the smart business of listening. Unlikely to move Bumgarner and would need an overwhelming offer to even make them think about it.