Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

I wouldn’t. We have a pretty strong contingent of young, relatable Hispanic players in the clubhouse. Far cry from the predominantly American one in LA. 

Fair point. The Braves are probably the most laid back and energetic team in the league. I can imagine the thought of maybe getting a shot at LA in the playoffs would have Puig drooling 

ATLBrave and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Minor would be a great pick up. Just don't think he was really good the first time we had him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jidady said:

I just don't want Puig on my team. From a baseball perspective, I'd understand, but it would make me unhappy as a fan. 

Don't see how he's any different than Donaldson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

But he is good now and can play multiple positions outfield/infield. 

LOL!! He was "good" when he was with the Twins too. We saw how that turned out. I want no part of Danny Santana in a Braves uniform now or ever!! I've been there and seen that movie and it ain't pretty. I ain't letting a few good months cloud my judgement of two plus years in a Braves uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He's looked good this year.

He has been good the last couple of months after being awful in April and May. But he's been awful since the ASG so maybe he has reverted back to April/May form and Braves don't need that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jidady said:

I just don't want Puig on my team. From a baseball perspective, I'd understand, but it would make me unhappy as a fan. 

Same here!! It would be so difficult to root for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!! He was "good" when he was with the Twins too. We saw how that turned out. I want no part of Danny Santana in a Braves uniform now or ever!! I've been there and seen that movie and it ain't pretty. I ain't letting a few good months cloud my judgement of two plus years in a Braves uniform.

How bad do you need the outfield help is the question you have to ask yourself? If you need it that bad you take a gamble on a guy who is ballin'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

How bad do you need the outfield help is the question you have to ask yourself? If you need it that bad you take a gamble on a guy who is ballin'. 

Pitching is a far more serious issue for the Braves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Especially if Duvall continues to do well at the plate

Yep, so far Duvall has done well and that's been great to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also believe that we need to send Austin Riley down for a little bit, get him straightened back out and then we'd have a weapon to use down the stretch and in the playoffs. Continuing to keep him in the majors right now is doing him a big disservice. Bring Chipper back in for him.

jeffro2000 and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Don't see how he's any different than Donaldson.

I don't even know how to respond to that. You're talking about one of the most professional athletes in the world in JD and saying that he's the same as an entitled, immature punk with a running history of clubhouse issues. 

So, there's a slight difference.

Falconsfan567 and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw DeRosa had a projected trade with the Rockies where we got Blackmon for Ender and 2 top prospects. If we could get Blackmon, I would be okay parting with Pache or Waters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I saw DeRosa had a projected trade with the Rockies where we got Blackmon for Ender and 2 top prospects. If we could get Blackmon, I would be okay parting with Pache or Waters

I wouldn’t. The Coors Effect is strong with that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jidady said:

I don't even know how to respond to that. You're talking about one of the most professional athletes in the world in JD and saying that he's the same as an entitled, immature punk with a running history of clubhouse issues. 

So, there's a slight difference.

Donaldson has had childish antics in his career, don't act like he hasn't. 

Not too mention the copious amount of brain farts he's had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the East the Nats are focused on any RP with a pulse. Phillies are eyeing a starter and are known to be after Justin Smoak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

In the East the Nats are focused on any RP with a pulse. Phillies are eyeing a starter and are known to be after Justin Smoak.

Where is he going to play? They moving Hoskins back to the OF? As an opposing fan, I hope that’s the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Bumgarner and Bauer unlikely to be dealt the Braves plan seems to be add a reliable starter to the rotation. Roark or Ray would serve that purpose. Not flashy guys but a steady presence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

With Bumgarner and Bauer unlikely to be dealt the Braves plan seems to be add a reliable starter to the rotation. Roark or Ray would serve that purpose. Not flashy guys but a steady presence.

Ray feels like an upgrade with the off chance to be huge in the postseason.

Roark just seems like another "oh well we tried" move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malachore said:

Ray feels like an upgrade with the off chance to be huge in the postseason.

Roark just seems like another "oh well we tried" move.

But are they better than what we have? Would you rather have Roark or Gausman on the mound against the Nats with the division on the line? We're looking for upgrades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

But are they better than what we have? Would you rather have Roark or Gausman on the mound against the Nats with the division on the line? We're looking for upgrades. 

I don't want Roark but I've liked Robbie Ray.

 I think he could be a really good weapon in the post season out of the bullpen since you rarely go with a 5 man rotation anyhow.

 I'm pretty sure anything is better than Kevin gossman giving up 6 runs and outing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now