Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

Houston might be working on a bombshell. Report that they are actively talking to SF about Bumgarner. Giants reportedly remain listening in case they decide to break it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Houston's GM knows what it takes to win in October, hope AA figures it out.

Braves are in on Bumgarner too. They had scouts at his start a couple of days ago.

RING OF HONOR and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Agreed, Choo is playing well but we'd definitely have to take on salary. 

If you got the same Santana we have you'd have quite a player.

Minor and/or LeClerc would take on quite a haul because Minor is under control through 2020 at areasonable salary and LeClerc is under control until 2024 I believe?

Do the Braves have the minor league talent (arms) to make such a trade?

The Braves already had Danny Santana and he was awful. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

A dud here? Mike Minor was really good here.

I wouldnt say really good. He had one really good season. A couple of average to slightly below average seasons. And a couple really bad seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves are in on Tanner Roark

Might as well just bring Folty back and roll the dice.  

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I wouldnt say really good. He had one really good season. A couple of average to slightly below average seasons. And a couple really bad seasons.

When you look at Minor's ERAs against his FIP his ERA was always worse than it should have  been, usually by a lot too. He was much better than the raw numbers indicate. He also pitched the best playoff game by any Braves starter in the last 15 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see if the Braves do add another OF.

Both Ender and Duvall have been having some really good at bats the past few games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

 

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

When you look at Minor's ERAs against his FIP his ERA was always worse than it should have  been, usually by a lot too. He was much better than the raw numbers indicate. He also pitched the best playoff game by any Braves starter in the last 15 years.

Yeah but he has plenty of stats that shows him as being bad too. Cant just use the stats that proof your side. Should look at them all as a whole.

Edited by LouDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LouDog said:

He only had an era under 4 one season. He was not very good. I wstched the guy pitch jist like everyone rlsr

 

Yeah but he has plenty of stats that shows him as being bad too. Cant just use the stats that proof your side. Should look at them all as a whole.

FIP is a stat that only focuses on the things pitchers can control such as walks, strikeouts, homeruns, ect. Minor's FIP was normally much lower than his ERA. That tells me that Minor was the victim of a lot of bad defense behind him.

  • 2010 - 5.98 ERA, 3.77 FIP
  • 2011 - 4.14 ERA, 3.39 FIP
  • 2012 - 4.12 ERA, 4.38 FIP
  • 2013 - 3.21 ERA, 3.37 FIP
  • 2014 - 4.77 ERA, 4.39 FIP

Like I said, Minor was much better than what his raw ERA tells you. 2014 he gets a pass from me because he was trying to pitch through his shoulder injury before finally having surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

FIP is a stat that only focuses on the things pitchers can control such as walks, strikeouts, homeruns, ect. Minor's FIP was normally much lower than his ERA. That tells me that Minor was the victim of a lot of bad defense behind him.

  • 2010 - 5.98 ERA, 3.77 FIP
  • 2011 - 4.14 ERA, 3.39 FIP
  • 2012 - 4.12 ERA, 4.38 FIP
  • 2013 - 3.21 ERA, 3.37 FIP
  • 2014 - 4.77 ERA, 4.39 FIP

Like I said, Minor was much better than what his raw ERA tells you. 2014 he gets a pass from me because he was trying to pitch through his shoulder injury before finally having surgery.

Lol at 2010...whoo boy is that quite a gulf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Braves already had Danny Santana and he was awful. 

But he is good now and can play multiple positions outfield/infield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

But he is good now and can play multiple positions outfield/infield. 

I dont know,  he was really bad here. He hit .179 last season before being shipped out. Hes also hurt right now. We dont need another injured OF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't want Yasiel Puig!! He's just not that good!! Never has been!! Nothing but hype!

He's looked good this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I worry about Puig mixing with the clubhouse. He had a lot of issues in LA.

I wouldn’t. We have a pretty strong contingent of young, relatable Hispanic players in the clubhouse. Far cry from the predominantly American one in LA. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Lol at 2010...whoo boy is that quite a gulf. 

2010 and 2014 cant be included in q fair evaluation as it was him cutting his teeth and then he was injured. The whole narrative here that Minor wouldnt be a good addition is ridiculous and insane. Anyone arguing that is doing so just to be argumentative. Now is he worth what it would cost to get him in this market, thats the real debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now