Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves are in on Wheeler but Astros are said to be making him their top priority. 

Indians ownership reportedly stepped in and halted Bauer trade talks.

With the way the Astros have been able to take downtrodden arms and term them into elite pitchers, I don't think Wheeler could go to a better spot. The work they have done with Morton, Cole, and Verlander is borderline magical.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Bowman said Mets scouts are still watching the Braves system. He says Diaz and Wheeler are the likely targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

**** I really like Mancini too.

Guess we only want the trash arms of the O's.

Price is likely astronomical. Mancini still has 4 years of control. O's wouldnt move him unless they get substantial prospects. Would you rather have another OF or pitching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosenthal saying it appears Boston is out on Diaz.

Houston talking to Detroit about Boyd too but prefer Wheeler due to cheaper cost. Tigers asking for Kyle Tucker in return for Boyd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthopolous keeping a death grip on his plans make the rumor mill less fun. About all the info we get is from following scouts of the Braves and watching who watches us. Zero people had the Braves even talking about Gausman last year. Never know what might happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Rosenthal saying it appears Boston is out on Diaz.

Houston talking to Detroit about Boyd too but prefer Wheeler due to cheaper cost. Tigers asking for Kyle Tucker in return for Boyd.

Now word is Boyd is staying. Nobody willing to meet the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Price is likely astronomical. Mancini still has 4 years of control. O's wouldnt move him unless they get substantial prospects. Would you rather have another OF or pitching?

I'd trade then Riley and not look back tbh. I'd rather have another OF over guys like the guys we've looked at (other than Giles).

Said this last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'd trade then Riley and not look back tbh. I'd rather have another OF over guys like the guys we've looked at (other than Giles).

Said this last week.

Riley isn't going anywhere. We already witnessed how good he can be. Hes just going through normal growing pains. Even Acuna had a rough patch after a hot start last year. Hit low .200s with a .290 OBP before he adjusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yeah, Minor would be a good fit here. We drafted and developed him, he just couldn't stay healthy back then.

The same Minor that was a dud here? That Minor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nereek said:

The same Minor that was a dud here? That Minor?

The Mike Minor that was an All Star this year and is top 5 in the AL for ERA. Yes that Minor. Hes been one of the best pitchers in the AL.

sdogg, Falconsfan567 and TheTrue7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Richard Justice at MLB.com the Braves have contacted the Rockies about closer Wade Davis. The Rockies are highly motivated to move Davis since Scott Oberg appears to be ready to take on the closer role. Davis has been money on the road (0.68 ERA) but a wreck at Coors Field (9.53 ERA). The sticking point might be money. He’s owed the remainder of his $18 million payment for this season and will make $17 million in 2020. He also has a $15 million team option for 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

According to Richard Justice at MLB.com the Braves have contacted the Rockies about closer Wade Davis. The Rockies are highly motivated to move Davis since Scott Oberg appears to be ready to take on the closer role. Davis has been money on the road (0.68 ERA) but a wreck at Coors Field (9.53 ERA). The sticking point might be money. He’s owed the remainder of his $18 million payment for this season and will make $17 million in 2020. He also has a $15 million team option for 2021.

Richard Justice posted an opinion article. He said in his opinion the Braves should acquire Wade Davis. I've never seen anything other than his personal opinion. I'd take Davis but nobody has linked the Braves or anyone to him. Besides this opinion piece anyway

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Riley isn't going anywhere. We already witnessed how good he can be. Hes just going through normal growing pains. Even Acuna had a rough patch after a hot start last year. Hit low .200s with a .290 OBP before he adjusted.

 I don't think his slump lasted this long, he didn't look anywhere near this lost and he definitely didn't have that K rate.

 I really don't think it's a fair comparison because what Riley is going through right now is very disturbing.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

 I don't think his slump lasted this long, he didn't look anywhere near this lost and he definitely didn't have that K rate.

 I really don't think it's a fair comparison because what Riley is going through right now is very disturbing.

It's not fair to compare anyone to Acuna. Albies went through a huge slump of his own. Just having some growing pains. I think he'll be fine once he goes to AAA and regains some confidence.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Judge first 95 PA -

  44.2% K Rate, .179/.263/.345, 62 wRC+

 

Anthony Rizzo first 153 PA

30.1% K Rate, .141/.281/.242, 59 wRC+

 

Boils down to the fact that even good players can struggle when they first come up. You don't cut bait with them just because of recency bias. I'm sure the Padres regret dealing Rizzo to the Cubs after that poor start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Pirates are willing to deal Vazquez but the price is real steep. Dodgers being asked to give up Gavin Lux. Lux is the Dodgers #1 and #10 in MLB. Would likely mean Pache would be the ask from Atlanta. 

I'd love Vazquez, but not at that price

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something brewing? Mets scratched Ervin Santana from his AAA start today. Syndergaard is scheduled pitch for the Mets tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Aaron Judge first 95 PA -

  44.2% K Rate, .179/.263/.345, 62 wRC+

 

Anthony Rizzo first 153 PA

30.1% K Rate, .141/.281/.242, 59 wRC+

 

Boils down to the fact that even good players can struggle when they first come up. You don't cut bait with them just because of recency bias. I'm sure the Padres regret dealing Rizzo to the Cubs after that poor start.

This is what I was wondering and looking for but I feel like this could be cherry picking.

I'm not giving up on him but I would have traded him for JTR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

This is what I was wondering and looking for but I feel like this could be cherry picking.

It’s based off their first stints in the majors. I cut it off once it moved to a new season. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jidady said:

Edwin Diaz was a WHIP of 1.45 and an ERA of 4.95. He's not someone to target.

 

I think teams are looking at his Seattle numbers. He never meshed in New York, change of scenery is what teams are banking on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now